Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comprehensive Quick thoughts on the Chiefs-Colts and the future....

threeflight

2 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

Luck is to nice of a guy to win it all he does not have that killer attitude.I do not think he will ever get us to the final dance 

You may have a point.

For once I would like to see him show some emotion that does not involve him smiling and helping an opposing player up.

Get mad Andrew.  Show some VIKING moxy.

• Like 1

Man this game hurt a lot as it appeared we were never in it.  Remember, this team was predicted to b in play for the #1 pick before the season began.  The positive bout this game? We got blown out and it showed all of our warts and how far we r from being an elite team. Now it is time for free agency and the draft. The one thing I hate bout the Tampa 2 D is that if u have no pass rush, u r in big trouble. There is not a lot of scheming, so if your pass rush is not working , u r kind of screwed.  The Chiefs O line got lost in all the hype. I know Luck has taken a lot of critisism but man our wrs cannot separate. I watch the weapons on KC and I was just in awe.  It was like watching a flag football game.  I knew wen we did nothing in our 2 offensive series we were in big trouble. U also got to give it to the Chiefs D. This team had 2 weeks to prepare for their next opponent and they crushed us.  Look at Ried's record after a buy. Now teams know we r coming next year.  We will c how good this coaching staff really is and how Ballard's picks stand up against elite competition.

12 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

Luck is to nice of a guy to win it all he does not have that killer attitude.I do not think he will ever get us to the final dance 

Did you see that last game against KC when he led us back from behind? I don't think the nice-guy mentality means anything. On the field, he's a competitor, for sure.

As for Luck....He could have thrown it  many times to the Rbs but just ignored them. He had enough time to throw considering it is the KC strength. Getting batted at the line that much is rookie like embarrassing.

I also saw no fire in his play at all.  He was like a robot.

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

Did you see that last game against KC when he led us back from behind? I don't think the nice-guy mentality means anything. On the field, he's a competitor, for sure.

Yes.  Loved it. Want to see more of it.

But that was what...4 years ago?

9 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Yes.  Loved it. Want to see more of it.

But that was what...4 years ago?

Man, where are all your posts when things are going well?

You disappear when the Colts are winning, but then show up for losses like this and have a million posts about what went wrong.

7b3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I'm fine with Luck throwing the ball with zing and being free flowing, as in fluidly and the way an NFL qb should and just being off target.

However that was not Luck today and has not been for a while now.  His entire throwing motion and stance when throwing has been way off.

I take it you're a qualified QB coach?

He was off today, he was rattled and he was under pressure all day. I think you are over-sensationalizing the most recent performance at the expense of the entire season. He had a career year and an 8 week stretch where he was arguably playing the best ball in the league. His mechanics are fine, you don't do that kind of stuff if you are broken physically.

The guys across from him get paid too. Relax

9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Man, where are all your posts when things are going well?

You disappear when the Colts are winning, but then show up for losses like this and have a million posts about what went wrong.

7b3.jpg

Not true.  

Read my posts the past 2 weeks.

I think the Colts had a great year.  Proud of them.

They way over achieved.

That doesn't mean I can't be critical.

To me, this shows our lack of playoff experience, including Luck, the coaching staff, and fans. I think everybody tried too hard and thought too much, losing the right mindset. Luck has playoff experience but he was off for a year which was a big gap. He worried too much about mistakes in the past few games. Reich also thought too much. I guess he wanted some changes in play calls in order to make us less predictable, but the sacrifice was that we lost our rhythm. Those defensive turnovers, to me, were results of players thinking too much and being nervous/sensitive. They worried about losing, which was a bad mindset. 

11 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I take it you're a qualified QB coach?

He was off today, he was rattled and he was under pressure all day. I think you are over-sensationalizing the most recent performance at the expense of the entire season. He had a career year and an 8 week stretch where he was arguably playing the best ball in the league. His mechanics are fine, you don't do that kind of stuff if you are broken physically.

The guys across from him get paid too. Relax

Not true as well.  Read my posts from last week.  I said the same thing.  Luck did not look right the past few weeks.  He is not throwing the ball. He is guiding it.

I was an all city Football player -Qb and safety, all state tennis player, played college tennis, was the starting guard on my HS varsity b ball team for 3 years.  played hockey at a high level since I was 5 and still play, played baseball in college, average 220 even today as a 50  year old bowling.  My father played pro baseball with the Tigers.

I body build and own my own fitness supplement company.

Athletics are in my blood.

I am have played sports since I could walk.

Trust me when I say I know sports.  Not bragging....just stating things as facts.  And there is something wrong with Luck.  

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

Not true.

You were very prominent at the beginning of the season with your multiple threads and posts being critical of Ballard and everything Colts.

Then you disappeared for like two months during that awesome winning streak where Luck didn't get sacked.  Not a peep.

Then you show up at the end of the season, eat a little crow, and are now right back to your hyper-active criticism.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You were very prominent at the beginning of the season with your multiple threads and posts being critical of Ballard and everything Colts.

Then you disappeared for like two months during that awesome winning streak where Luck didn't get sacked.  Not a peep.

Then you show up at the end of the season, eat a little crow, and are now right back to your hyper-active criticism.

And I stated 2 weeks ago that I was wrong about Ballard.  

Doesn't mean I am wrong here.

If you think Luck is playing well I don't know what to say. If Luck plays at an all pro level today we may have won.  He sucked.  In all facets. 

And I love Luck.  I drafted him in all 3 of my fantasy leagues.  Don't think I don't like the guy.

And I stated 2 weeks ago that I was wrong about Ballard.  

Doesn't mean I am wrong here.

If you think Luck is playing well I don't know what to say. If Luck plays at an all pro level today we may have won.  He sucked.  In all facets. 

And I love Luck.  I drafted him in all 3 of my fantasy leagues.  Don't think I don't like the guy.

I'm not saying you're wrong about Luck.

I'm saying you have a LOT to say when we lose, but during the good times it's crickets from you.

While a lot of us are here talking Colts win, lose, or draw...  :thinking:

• Thanks 1

If the Colts had another #1 WR like Antonio Brown.  We would be posting about going to either New England or LA next week.  But we do not and we have who we have. That said I hope the Colts really consider bringing that guy in.  Because seeing where the Colts will be drafting from this year. The chances of drafting that type of WR in the draft will be very very diffcult.  Those WRs are gone at that point.  There is only one WR-besides TY- that I would bring back next year and that is Inman.  The rest they should let go. Andrew has no confidence in that room at all, and it showed today.

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm not saying you're wrong about Luck.

I'm saying you have a LOT to say when we lose, but during the good times it's crickets from you.

While a lot of us are here talking Colts win, lose, or draw...  :thinking:

Good points.  Can't argue.

That being said it is easier to talk about many things that went wrong rather than to say "Colts played great".  Although believe me I would much rather say the latter than the former.

1 hour ago, threeflight said:

Reich was really outcoached today.  I hated that he gave up on the run when it was there.  That was our shot to win and Reich just more or less said no thanks.  Really hard to explain.

Luck was horrible.  Not sure what is going on but he has not played well since about week 13 imo.  I said it last week, I said it many times today....he is guiding the ball.  Not throwing it. The thing is I see him sling it at times, like the end of the first half and towards the end of the game, so I really don't think it was physical.  I think mentally he is regressing.  He shrinks (literally) at times when he is throwing it and the ball motion is that of a girl.  I think the coaches should be as aggressive as they can be with him this off season.  Get back to him running the ball and have him just throw the ball with a fluid and free motion rather than pointing and guiding it.  Many of the commentators today said the same.

The D played well.  I can't complain a bit about it.  They held KC to a decent amount of points.  Obviously they need some upgrades but the D did not lose this game.

Coaches...where in the heck was Hines???

AV needs to go.  Thanks for everything.  I said it last week in the kickers thread, but cutting Badgley could be a huge mistake. He looks like the real deal with the Chargers.

If anything, I hope this game accelerates CB's rebuilding plan.  The Colts are close.  Closer than I think he ever thought they would be.  Spending money this offseason, and bringing in the twins of Bell and AB?  Along with a good draft?

Colts win it all next year.

The time is now.

I was following along until you said this:

"He shrinks (literally) at times when he is throwing it and the ball motion is that of a girl."

Don't use lame comparisons like that. I know plenty of women who throw a better ball than a lot of men. 

• Thanks 1

This may sound crazy, but I think our team was wearing the wrong cleats, particularly in the first half. I thought our defense was tip toeing around out there while the Chiefs were running full speed. It was a great year, can't wait until next season!

12 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

If the Colts had another #1 WR like Antonio Brown.  We would be posting about going to either New England or LA next week.  But we do not and we have who we have. That said I hope the Colts really consider bringing that guy in.  Because seeing where the Colts will be drafting from this year. The chances of drafting that type of WR in the draft will be very very diffcult.  Those WRs are gone at that point.  There is only one WR-besides TY- that I would bring back next year and that is Inman.  The rest they should let go. Andrew has no confidence in that room at all, and it showed today.

Agree.  

Really have to wonder at the people who are saying no AB and no Bell.

Just how many years do you think Luck has left?  

He really faded the end of this year.  He is 30 going on 37.

• Like 1

Good points.  Can't argue.

That being said it is easier to talk about many things that went wrong rather than to say "Colts played great".  Although believe me I would much rather say the latter than the former.

Fair enough.

I understand a lot of what's being posted after losses is just fans venting their frustration.

It just seems like negative nancies coming out of the woodwork to those of us that are here no matter what...  :dunno:

1 minute ago, deadman said:

I was following along until you said this:

"He shrinks (literally) at times when he is throwing it and the ball motion is that of a girl."

Don't use lame comparisons like that. I know plenty of women who throw a better ball than a lot of men. 

LOL well true.  There are many manlet incels out there who can't throw.

I guess I was just talking about the average women.  We all know the motion.....

No lead front step forward.

No turning of the hips.

Crouching.

All arm and no body.

That was Luck on a number of his throws today.

Reich was really outcoached today.  I hated that he gave up on the run when it was there.  That was our shot to win and Reich just more or less said no thanks.  Really hard to explain.

Luck was horrible.  Not sure what is going on but he has not played well since about week 13 imo.  I said it last week, I said it many times today....he is guiding the ball.  Not throwing it. The thing is I see him sling it at times, like the end of the first half and towards the end of the game, so I really don't think it was physical.  I think mentally he is regressing.  He shrinks (literally) at times when he is throwing it and the ball motion is that of a girl.  I think the coaches should be as aggressive as they can be with him this off season.  Get back to him running the ball and have him just throw the ball with a fluid and free motion rather than pointing and guiding it.  Many of the commentators today said the same.

The D played well.  I can't complain a bit about it.  They held KC to a decent amount of points.  Obviously they need some upgrades but the D did not lose this game.

Coaches...where in the heck was Hines???

AV needs to go.  Thanks for everything.  I said it last week in the kickers thread, but cutting Badgley could be a huge mistake. He looks like the real deal with the Chargers.

If anything, I hope this game accelerates CB's rebuilding plan.  The Colts are close.  Closer than I think he ever thought they would be.  Spending money this offseason, and bringing in the twins of Bell and AB?  Along with a good draft?

Colts win it all next year.

The time is now.

Guys like you just hope for the negative.  Must be a fun life.  What a loser.  

2 minutes ago, Hark said:

This may sound crazy, but I think our team was wearing the wrong cleats, particularly in the first half. I thought our defense was tip toeing around out there while the Chiefs were running full speed. It was a great year, can't wait until next season!

Good post.

I noticed a number of times today the Colts D players were over running and sliding right past the Chiefs O player.

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

Guys like you just hope for the negative.  Must be a fun life.  What a loser.  

And guys like you like to get personal on the internet...attacking people for having an opinion about a sports game.

Which is really a pathetic thing to do.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Man the ridiculousness in this thread is laughable. Does anyone even remember how many rookies our team have.

Welcome to the offseason on the colts forums!

Off season- excitement and optimism 

pre season- over analyzation on games that DONT count

Regular season - win? A few threads. Lose? A billion threads and criticisms 

season ends - trolls come out to play 

Rinse, wash, repeat. Still like coming on either way to get some really good perspectives and a analyzations 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The passes being batted down are part of Luck's weak play.  He shrinks, as in crouches, when he throws it under 10 yards as of late.  Also why many of his passes are short.  No arm motion.  No fluidness.

That is one of the things that drives me crazy with him.  The high number of batted passes.  He is 6’ friggin 5!  Someone needs to introduce him to a pump fake. Using that from time to time would at least throw off the timing of defensive linemen.  I rarely if ever see Luck do it. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That is one of the things that drives me crazy with him.  The high number of batted passes.  Someone needs to introduce him to a pump fake. Using that from time to time would at least throw of the timing of defensive linemen.  I rarely if ever see Luck do it. 

I agree but I also think the Colts coaches have to work with the line to get the d lines hands down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deadman said:

Don’t really know why this got posted in this thread but since it did I’ll give my opinion, it’s wrong which is why the officials can call a flag on it and why at one point the game was stopped briefly and even Andy Reid was telling the fans to stop it.

i hope the NFL can figure out the fans who were doing it and give them then ban they deserve.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Don’t really know why this got posted in this thread but since it did I’ll give my opinion, it’s wrong which is why the officials can call a flag on it and why at one point the game was stopped briefly and even Andy Reid was telling the fans to stop it.

i hope the NFL can figure out the fans who were doing it and give them then ban they deserve.

"Comprehensive Quick thoughts on Chiefs-Colts" - Seems fitting?

3 minutes ago, deadman said:

"Comprehensive Quick thoughts on Chiefs-Colts" - Seems fitting?

Lol I guess, sorry wasn’t trying to take a shot at you for posting it I just thought it was odd for the topic because it didn’t seem like what the OP was saying.  It’s a fair point though.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hark said:

I thought the same thing. We seemed to be running tentatively or gingerly, while the Chiefs looked very comfortable running around.

6 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I thought the same thing. We seemed to be running tentatively or gingerly, while the Chiefs looked very comfortable running around.

That is what happens when your a soft dome team. This is why I would rather have had this game be perfect conditions. Until we prove we aren’t a soft dome team and win a game like this we will always be called soft.

At training camp, the fan in me said and hoped that the Colts would make it to the Super Bowl. But in reality I wasn't expecting much out of the Colts this year. Seeing what  little they did in free agency and in the draft.  Drafting a guard in the 1st, Darius Leonard in the second. 

But I have been pleasantly surprised. Mr. Nelson has brought an attitude to the line. Darius Leonard has brought excitement back to the D. And Kenny Moore came from no where to outshining everybody in the D-backfield.  Luck is back, with a line that will protect him. The future is bright for the Indy Colts.  Next season the AFC South should be the Colts once again.

Today lost really stung. But there is a reason why KC is the number one seed this year.  Here is looking forward to the off-season and next year

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is what happens when your a soft dome team. This is why I would rather have had this game be perfect conditions. Until we prove we aren’t a soft dome team and win a game like this we will always be called soft.

I think we will be called soft if we continue to go spread formation on third-and-short and try to "out finesse" other teams.

The Chiefs repeatedly ran up the middle of the Colts defense on 3rd-and-short and on 4th downs, all resulting in first downs. That is how you get the reputation for being a tough team. We had the mentality of a wimpy nerd, trying to outsmart the opponent rather than being physical.