Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Q Need Off Season Neck Surgery ?

dw49

Just now, Smonroe said:

I don’t think the refs watched enough of the game to focus on anything.  

I can't argue with that.  

It is amazing how inconsistent the Refs are, teams should not have to game plan for what referee crew is working a game.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I don’t think the refs watched enough of the game to focus on anything.  

The refs looked payed off in this game sure we jumped offside like 4 times but they missed a bunch of penalties that should have gone against the chiefs bad misses that crew should be behind bars then I turn the rest of my attention to the predictable game plan and playcalling.

1 minute ago, Maniq said:

The refs did not help us at all, but the loss is on Andrew and co.

The loss is on the entire team we just flat out didn't show up for this game got beat by the better team sure the refs didn't help our cause but im not going to 100% blame them for the loss from the get go outplayed and outcoached the chiefs won cause they are the better team. Congrats chiefs hope you get to go to the super bowl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

When engaged and holding off a defender he tends to look straight up.  Refs probably notice that and don't call the penalty when the defenders hand happens to be there.  

He did this in college too.

It's still a penalty.   Not called once.   But that wasn't the reason the colts lost

• Like 1

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

The loss is on the entire team we just flat out didn't show up for this game got beat by the better team sure the refs didn't help our cause but im not going to 100% blame them for the loss from the get go outplayed and outcoached the chiefs won cause they are the better team. Congrats chiefs hope you get to go to the super bowl.

They sure was.   Looked well-prepared.   We weren't ready for a 3 and out.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

It's still a penalty.   Not called once.   But that wasn't the reason the colts lost

I understand.  But its a penalty usually because the defender is pushing up the lineman's head.  Just saying that if the ref notices the lineman's chin goes up in the air the moment he plants his feet regardless of what the defender does, the ref might not think the defenders hand was a problem.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I understand.  But its a penalty usually because the defender is pushing up the lineman's head.  Just saying that if the ref notices the lineman's chin goes up in the air the moment he plants his feet regardless of what the defender does, the ref might not think the defenders hand was a problem.

Are the refs optically impaired? 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

There were about 3 times where he had a hand right under his face mask , shoving his head back. If you have the game taped , take a look at either the first or second drive when Jones knocked a Luck pass down. The tell me it's Nelson moving his head up ? 

12 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Supposedly, that is a penalty, and a area of focus for the refs.

Earlier in the week there were Chiefs fans complaining this crew was doing the game because they did their game against New England earlier in the season where apparently they didn't penalize New England the entire game. 

If you looks at his stats for the season, the home team won 86% of the time (the 2 home losses were seahawks @ cardnials and redskins @ jaguars).  That is over 20% higher than league average.  

Even if the O played better, I have a feeling this was still going to be a loss.  Just closer in score.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I agree.  We didn’t lose because of the refs. But there were at least three atrocious call.

PI, obviously.  The hold on Smith that killed that drive.  And hitting the kicker.  Although, by the letter it was callable.  

Didnt matter, their D played great.  Ours played decent in the second half.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Maniq said:

The refs did not help us at all, but the loss is on Andrew and co.

No question this is true and my post was not to say or infer that it was. I was just a bit surprised they let Q get abused like that. We had plenty of chances to get back into the game and no doubt pooped the bed,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

No question this is true and my post was not to say or infer that it was. I was just a bit surprised they let Q get abused like that. We had plenty of chances to get back into the game and no doubt pooped the bed,

agreed.   He needs a massage

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dw49 said:

There were about 3 times where he had a hand right under his face mask , shoving his head back. If you have the game taped , take a look at either the first or second drive when Jones knocked a Luck pass down. The tell me it's Nelson moving his head up ? 

Ok.  I noticed 1 time too.  I thought since the OP made a thread about it that it was happening to Q, and only Q, the entire game.  I was just offering an observation about something Q, and only Q, does when he sets his feet and pass blocks.  

He's an all pro apparently, so far be it for me to say it is a problem.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Ok.  I noticed 1 time too.  I thought since the OP made a thread about it that it was happening to Q, and only Q, the entire game.  I was just offering an observation about something Q, and only Q, does when he sets his feet and pass blocks.  

He's an all pro apparently, so far be it for me to say it is a problem.

No, I was exaggerating a bit. I did see 2 really blatant ones. Q motioned to an official after one. But really no huge deal 

• Like 1

Granted we shot ourselves in the foot many many times and just came out poor. But those refs were horrible. I saw many times where they should have been called for pi and didn't get called anything. I mean KC were hitting our guys before the ball was there and not looking for ball at all. I saw 3 that I remember clearly and was *. But that's how it goes. I hope the colts players get a huge chip on their shoulder and want to come back better than ever. We played like the 1-5 team instead of the 9-1 team. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

wth?

You started a thread with that as the title?       Seriously?

Goodness gracious.....      smh....

"Goodness gracias".... get over it. Oh... and why do you want to mimmic another poster that coined that ?

15 hours ago, dw49 said:

Just wondering if all those hands to the face may have damaged his neck ?

Q's pass blocking technique is spot on to Saturday's as to dropping his hips to lock down. Jeff's head always came up that way too. Jeff was amazing.

Q met a man yesterday that didn't give him an inch. 

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Q's pass blocking technique is spot on to Saturday's as to dropping his hips to lock down. Jeff's head always came up that way too. Jeff was amazing.

Q met a man yesterday that didn't give him an inch. 

Hard to find anyone that had a good game other than Moore and Inman ?