Sign in to follow this  
NewColtsFan

New RB for your Radar... You don't know him, and he's good!

So.....

I don't follow Alabama football too closely.    I don't watch their games very much.    But I kept a bit of an eye on them at the end of the season,  plus the playoffs.     And when I did,  the announcers kept talking about their back-up.    Josh Jacobs.    How he was a nobody in HS,  lightly recruited.   I think the best offer he got was from Tulsa,  or a school of that level.     Anyway,  a high 3 or low 4 star RB,  somehow Alabama offered him very late and he took the scholarship.

Worked his way up to be the backup.    Only started one game but played a fair amount as the #2.    But the announcers kept saying he'd be the starter next year and that buzz from the Alabama people was that Jacobs was really good.     That got my attention.

But Jacobs isn't sticking around to be the #1 next year.    He's turning pro.    Looks like a Day 2 kid,  and maybe a high second round player.

He's 5-10, 215 and said to be a good kid.    He's now officially on my radar.    I don't want him at 34,  but if he falls to 58,  well that may be another story.   Though my preference for pick 58 is for a WR.     I think R2 is where we may find a WR we like....

Here's a link on the Alabama kids coming out early....   Jacobs among them.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25736454/quinnen-williams-jonah-williams-josh-jacobs-irv-smith-jr-alabama-crimson-tide-entering-nfl-draft

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's 5-10, 215 and said to be a good kid.    He's now officially on my radar.    I don't want him at 34,  but if he falls to 58,  well that may be another story.   Though my preference for pick 58 is for a WR.     I think R2 is where we may find a WR we like....

He seems like a great prospect but how likely do you think it is that the Colts draft a running back at all this year? They've drafted 3 in the past 2 years and seem to like all 3 of them.

I'd be surprised if they draft one with a high draft pick.

No way I'm spending a #2 on a RB.  I would sign someone like jay ajayi and be done with the position.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ar7 said:

He seems like a great prospect but how likely do you think it is that the Colts draft a running back at all this year? They've drafted 3 in the past 2 years and seem to like all 3 of them.

I'd be surprised if they draft one with a high draft pick.

I think we need a quality 4th RB.    If Mack is hurt our ground game will suffer greatly.    So, we're one bad tackle away from a depleted running attack.   

I doubt we take a RB with the 58th pick,  I suspect we'll use our 4th round pick, or sign someone in free agency.     But the Zeirlien thread should be read by everyone who is thinking about LeVeon Bell.     That's!     Not!     Happening!      EVER!      (Not you, AR,  but others here in this thread...)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

No way I'm spending a #2 on a RB.  I would sign someone like jay ajayi and be done with the position.

To be clear,  I'm not advocating spending a #2 on a RB.    But some of the draftniks want info on all the top guys and I thought he'd be off the radar of most fans here....    I just offered it for that reason.  

If Ballard surprises with a RB at pick 58,  I'd be surprised,  but I wouldn't complain.    I suspect we'll go WR with that pick.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

He isn't sneaking up on anybody. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first RB off the board. 

To be clear,  my mention of Jacobs is, to my knowledge,  the first mention of him on the website.

I just wanted to make sure he got a little love as we lead up to all-star games and the combine.   That's all,  nothing more.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be clear,  my mention of Jacobs is, to my knowledge,  the first mention of him on the website.

I just wanted to make sure he got a little love as we lead up to all-star games and the combine.   That's all,  nothing more.

Roger that. Most Colts fans probably haven't heard of him but the draftniks likely have. I love his skill set and would love to see him in a Colts uniform. I just hope someone else in the AFC South doesn't get their grubby hands on him.

Here is a list of players we should sign

Tevin Coleman

Tyrell Williams 

Darqueze Dennard 

David Irving 

Haha Clinton Dix

Trey Flowers