Sign in to follow this  
NewColtsFan

New RB for your Radar... You don't know him, and he's good!

Recommended Posts

 

So.....

 

I don't follow Alabama football too closely.    I don't watch their games very much.    But I kept a bit of an eye on them at the end of the season,  plus the playoffs.     And when I did,  the announcers kept talking about their back-up.    Josh Jacobs.    How he was a nobody in HS,  lightly recruited.   I think the best offer he got was from Tulsa,  or a school of that level.     Anyway,  a high 3 or low 4 star RB,  somehow Alabama offered him very late and he took the scholarship.

 

Worked his way up to be the backup.    Only started one game but played a fair amount as the #2.    But the announcers kept saying he'd be the starter next year and that buzz from the Alabama people was that Jacobs was really good.     That got my attention.

 

But Jacobs isn't sticking around to be the #1 next year.    He's turning pro.    Looks like a Day 2 kid,  and maybe a high second round player.

 

He's 5-10, 215 and said to be a good kid.    He's now officially on my radar.    I don't want him at 34,  but if he falls to 58,  well that may be another story.   Though my preference for pick 58 is for a WR.     I think R2 is where we may find a WR we like....

 

Here's a link on the Alabama kids coming out early....   Jacobs among them.

 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25736454/quinnen-williams-jonah-williams-josh-jacobs-irv-smith-jr-alabama-crimson-tide-entering-nfl-draft

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's 5-10, 215 and said to be a good kid.    He's now officially on my radar.    I don't want him at 34,  but if he falls to 58,  well that may be another story.   Though my preference for pick 58 is for a WR.     I think R2 is where we may find a WR we like....

 

He seems like a great prospect but how likely do you think it is that the Colts draft a running back at all this year? They've drafted 3 in the past 2 years and seem to like all 3 of them.

 

I'd be surprised if they draft one with a high draft pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way I'm spending a #2 on a RB.  I would sign someone like jay ajayi and be done with the position.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ar7 said:

 

He seems like a great prospect but how likely do you think it is that the Colts draft a running back at all this year? They've drafted 3 in the past 2 years and seem to like all 3 of them.

 

I'd be surprised if they draft one with a high draft pick.

 

I think we need a quality 4th RB.    If Mack is hurt our ground game will suffer greatly.    So, we're one bad tackle away from a depleted running attack.   

 

I doubt we take a RB with the 58th pick,  I suspect we'll use our 4th round pick, or sign someone in free agency.     But the Zeirlien thread should be read by everyone who is thinking about LeVeon Bell.     That's!     Not!     Happening!      EVER!      (Not you, AR,  but others here in this thread...)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BOTT said:

No way I'm spending a #2 on a RB.  I would sign someone like jay ajayi and be done with the position.

 

To be clear,  I'm not advocating spending a #2 on a RB.    But some of the draftniks want info on all the top guys and I thought he'd be off the radar of most fans here....    I just offered it for that reason.  

 

If Ballard surprises with a RB at pick 58,  I'd be surprised,  but I wouldn't complain.    I suspect we'll go WR with that pick.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

He isn't sneaking up on anybody. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first RB off the board. 

 

To be clear,  my mention of Jacobs is, to my knowledge,  the first mention of him on the website.

 

I just wanted to make sure he got a little love as we lead up to all-star games and the combine.   That's all,  nothing more.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

To be clear,  my mention of Jacobs is, to my knowledge,  the first mention of him on the website.

 

I just wanted to make sure he got a little love as we lead up to all-star games and the combine.   That's all,  nothing more.

 

Roger that. Most Colts fans probably haven't heard of him but the draftniks likely have. I love his skill set and would love to see him in a Colts uniform. I just hope someone else in the AFC South doesn't get their grubby hands on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a list of players we should sign

 

Tevin Coleman

 

Tyrell Williams 

 

Darqueze Dennard 

 

David Irving 

 

Haha Clinton Dix

 

Trey Flowers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.