Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philadelphia (+8) at New Orleans (1-13-19)

oldunclemark

4:40 EST.  Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis and Pam Oliver on FOX

over-under at 51 inside the New Orleans SuperDome

'Old St' Nick Foles had a very average game last week but pulled it out with a final drive and a game-winning TD pass to Golden Tate.

TE Zach Ertz (116 catcehs, 1,163 yards, 8 TDs) and Mr. slow motion WR Alshon Jeffrey ((65 caches, 843 yards) will be looking for their share against a New Orleans defense that has 44 sacks but only 12 interceptions.

The Eagles have rushed for only 1,570 yards this season, not even 100 a game.

Saints QB Drew 'King Creole' Brees (364 of 489, 3,992 yards, 32 TDs, 5 INTs) leads a NOLA attack which slippedsa bit in the last 5 games (95 points)  but gained 6,000 yards during the 16-game regular season. You can read into Brees' season whatever you want. His 3,992 yards passing was the lowest total for him in 13 years. His 74% completion percentage is his career high.

All-NFL WR Michael Thomas (125 catches, 1,405 yards) has a lot of yards but Alvin Komara ran for 883 yards and caught passes for 709 yards

But the Eagles defense has some rough riders led by veteran Fletcher Cox (10.5 sacks) In their last two games they shut out Washington and held the Bears to 15 points, both games on the road.

I'll be brief.

'Foles magic' reminds me of 'Fitz-magic' and it will end in an equally non-mystical way

The Eagles allowed more total yards than they gained during the regular season. No one still playing did that.

Philadelphia is slower than life and their secondary couldnt stop the Saints with a court order.

The previous meeting was 48-7 eight weeks ago and even if the Eagles are 20 points better they lose big.

Magic' in the NFL is when the other team folds up in key moments.

That's not happening Sunday

Take the Saints and give the 8 points.

25 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

That's disgusting. You cannot give up a fake punt or 4th down conversions in the playoffs, much less on THE SAME DRIVE.

Come one, Eagles, get it together!

I don’t think anyone would of thought they would try that in relation to where they were on the field. They miss that and it’s 21 for the eagles. 

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

14-10 at the half....good comeback

again,. it helps when you are at home

I swear - Peyton could have done this in 2005, down 0-14 vs Steelers, and he’d have 2 SBs with the Colts. Cannot play scared and not to lose st home in the playoffs. The first time he woke up and made a comeback 3-21 in the 2006 AFCCG, we won it all. We’ll see if Brees can finish the job now.

6 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

This is exactly what Sean Payton does, though. I cannot understand why teams aren’t ready for it.

As soon as they declined it, I had the same weird feeling like before the SB post half time. I was shouting during my SB party “watch for the onside kick” and the rest is history. That’s why I didn’t have a problem with Reich going for it in the first Texans game. It’s truly a mindset thing, not an Xs and Os thing

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I swear - Peyton could have done this in 2005, down 0-14 vs Steelers, and he’d have 2 SBs with the Colts. Cannot play scared and not to lose st home in the playoffs. 

I was at this game. They couldn't pass block the Steelers with 7 blockers. Oh and Nick Harper!

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

Who is doing color on the broadcast?  Jefferies literally pulled Latimore down and he said there was no penalty. 

What does broadcast have to do with refs not calling it on the field? They did show and mention Jeffrey pulling down Lattimore, refs blew it.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What does broadcast have to do with refs not calling it on the field? They did show and mention Jeffrey pulling down Lattimore, refs blew it.

I saying that the color guy was being ridiculous when he stated that there was "no penalty there".  Obviously the refs missed the call, why would the color guy say something that was so blatantly false?

3 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I saying that the color guy was being ridiculous when he stated that there was "no penalty there".  Obviously the refs missed the call, why would the color guy say something that was so blatantly false?

He said there was no penalty “called” there, not that there was no penalty there, that’s what I got from what he said. Subtle difference but relevant to your misunderstanding, and they backed it up with the replay.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He said there was no penalty “called” there, not that there was no penalty there. Subtle difference but relevant to your misunderstanding, and they backed it up with the replay.

I rewound it to make sure I was correct and I was.  He said "there was no penalty there at all", not no penalty called.

Now back to my question, who is the color guy on the broadcast?

Just now, Cynjin said:

I rewound it to make sure I was correct and I was.  He said "there was no penalty there at all", not no penalty called.

Dide, I know what he said but what I’m saying is that’s not what he meant. Sometimes when you have to comment fast, you can omit a key word that can change what you meant. At least that’s what I gathered. Anyways that play is done, I’ve explained myself enough.