Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Chiefs 2019 AFC Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

This just won't end m

Yeah.  I feel the same way.

The defense is starting to look good. and the offense...ugh.

Just shoot me now.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

true luck has been untouchable on this forum he  needs to play better he has 12 picks in 7 playoff games .   tony romo throws 30 plus td passes and 4000 yards every year and he was bad . its a passing league that is what happens.   we need to move on we have talent ballard is great

We get it, you're upset we cut Manning. Quit banging the drum.

Defense is playing respectable the second half. Too bad the Colts hardly ever play well together on both sides of the ball.

Usually, one side has to bail out the other. In this case, the offense has had a historically bad day.

7 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

You've still not clarified, do you think this has been happening all season or do you think this is a recent development. 

I noticed it the first few weeks of the season, and then from about game 3 through 12 I thought he threw it great.  Looked really good and I thought he was zinging the ball well.  The only fault I saw was he was not running it when he could have, and that worried be because he either was not playing aggressive or it meant the shoulder was still an issue.

And then from about game 13 through todays game, I thought he is not throwing the ball well at all.  Really looks like an average college QB if you ask me.

Something is very very wrong.

Luck is at his best when he is running, slinging, no huddling.  And he isn't doing it.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

The thing about KC is..They aren't equipped to run out the clock

It might cost them later but right now the Colts offense isn’t equipped to do anything about it.

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This is basically the same as the game last week, except the Chiefs are doing to us what we did to the Texans...

:ticked:

Very true...big lead and then they just sit on it

28 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

Did they watch the previous game?

Last week they still controlled that game by grinding out yards on the ground, killing clock and picking up first downs.  This week was an entirely different situation. 

4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Lucks last 3 throws.

A weak duck 2 yards short.

Another play where he ducks and gets it batted down.

A pass that is 3 yards off target.

And this has been going on for weeks.

If you think Luck is an All Pro QB right now you are crazy.

Something ain't right.

You are correct.  The problem the past few weeks is that Luck is reverting to holding the ball too long.  Reich is suppossed to have a quicker paced throwing game and Luck hasn't been getting rid of the ball quick enough.  It could be the recievers.  I also don't see any outlet receivers in the patterns.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still 9 minutes to go, maybe Luck can get a score here and make it interesting.

I'm still hopeful

Got behind too early & abandoned the running game.  Played right into their hands.

Honestly spwaking, the defense has played great. We had two redzone opportunities and had the ball back a bunch of times. Offense choked

I sent a buddy before the game my prediction of 28-24 Colts. 

If we could have scored on 2 of the 4 stops we have had in this game, wed be looking at a game winning drive righr now. Unreal.

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Folks..they have 24 points and they average 35

someone would have been wise to bet the under today.

LOL

D stepping up, but wasting at least 10 points the offense could not get is bad.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

We get it, you're upset we cut Manning. Quit banging the drum.

it was dirty to cut manning .   i would love it if luck turned out to be better then manning but what me and others were saying is mannings are hard to come by so its best to keep him.    luck would be so much better to learn from manning .  manning would of helped luck a lot

1 minute ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Serious question is Luck hurt he has been off all night. 

No. He’s rattled. Look at his face and his eyes. The pressure from their DL has gotten to him more than any team combined in the last 10 weeks.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Unreal I trust the defense more than the offense

Didn't figure this game would go that way

The over was '57'

2 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

I hope you all also realize that Luck is trying to do this with an injured #1 WR and then other WR's that probably wouldn't get picked up if put on waivers. 

Its useless to try and throw facts out there for the stupid troll crowd they are dumb nothing we can do about it

Remember how the 2006 Colts found a defense at just the right time too....this Chiefs team may be ready to make a run!

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Such as...

Over 400 yards per game of total offense allowed is the big one for me.  Very few teams in NFL history have accomplished that.  If Luck weren't injured this game might have gone differently.

JMV is at the game >>>>>>>JMV1070‏Verified account @JMV1070 4m4 minutes ago

Copy link to Tweet

Sitting here live. In this atmosphere. It screams for a playmaker. Changing my mind on the AB subject.

Just now, #12. said:

It's much easier to rush the passer up 17.  It all works together.  Can't let them march up and down the field on their first three drives.

YEs

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Defense is playing respectable the second half. Too bad the Colts hardly ever play well together on both sides of the ball.

Usually, one side has to bail out the other. In this case, the offense has had a historically bad day.

I don't blame the D at all.  They have been on the field a ton due to the O being so weak and have held their own.  KC is going to score.  

We just haven't done anything on O.

1 minute ago, threeflight said:

I noticed it the first few weeks of the season, and then from about game 3 through 12 I thought he threw it great.  Looked really good and I thought he was zinging the ball well.  The only fault I saw was he was not running it when he could have, and that worried be because he either was not playing aggressive or it meant the should was still an issue.

And then from about game 13 through todays game, I thought he is not throwing the ball well at all.  Really looks like an average college QB if you ask me.

Something is very very wrong.

Luck is at his best when he is running, slinging, no huddling.  And he isn't doing it.

Would pass something of a logic test..

Some time to take rust off, but then has hit the equivalent of the "rookie wall". We can only speculate as to the status of the shoulder. But... shoulder injuries are nasty. You can functionally get the strength back but never quite get back the resiliency. 

A big gain by Mack and no phantom penalty by the refs!!!

As odd as it sounds, it doesn't feel like we were dominated.  It just feel like a strange game where everything snowballed.  The weather, everything.  Nothing worked.  

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

it was dirty to cut manning .   i would love it if luck turned out to be better then manning but what me and others were saying is mannings are hard to come by so its best to keep him.    luck would be so much better to learn from manning .  manning would of helped luck a lot

Dude, let it GO. Manning is long gone, 7 years now. Let it go

I know now is not the time for reasoned debate, so I won't try any - this has been a very frustrating game, they have not been exceptional, it appears all our players have chosen the same day to play poorly. Huge disappointment overall.

It is said you learn more from your defeats than your victories, so lets hope that this is the case tonight so that when we get a chance again like tonight we are able to perform better.