Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Chiefs 2019 AFC Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The oline played like crap and give KC credit. They covered our receivers well. We need to upgrade the receivers.

I agree this "so called top OL" was absolutely decimated.  They all got served a nice plate a shut the heck up and get gud.  

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

You don’t win a bad weather game against a high powered offense by throwing it all over the field...  You grind it out by running it.  Go back and check those 2 times we lost to the Pats in the snow.  Ebron threw us off schedule when he dropped that first first down.  We could never establish our ground game afterwards.  That’s where we needed a sure handed Doyle.  Oh well. We’ll be back stronger for it.  The team & Frank.

To be fair after we got stuffed the first play of the game we gave up on the run game. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Spend that money Chris

You could make a very good argument that while the saving 100 million is nice and all it is the gaps you didn’t fill with quality players that had you looking embarrassed after playing a team that did fill those gaps.

great effort to make the divisional round with rookies and cast offs but to win it all you need play makers!!

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The oline played like crap and give KC credit. They covered our receivers well. We need to upgrade the receivers.

Agreed.

But that still doesn't explain why he's had so many bad throws. Throws that land in the ground right in front of the receiver. 

I worked at Stanford when Luck was our QB here. I've watched him go from my place of work to join my favorite team. I am a huge fan and huge supporter, but he simply played horribly today. Horribly. He was easily outplayed by Mahomes today, who didn't look phased by the big stage.

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Agreed.

But that still doesn't explain why he's had so many bad throws. Throws that land in the ground right in front of the receiver. 

I worked at Stanford when Luck was our QB here. I've watched him go from my place of work to join my favorite team. I am a huge fan and huge supporter, but he simply played horribly today. Horribly. He was easily outplayed by Mahomes today, who didn't look phased by the big stage.

Luck is a qb like manning, can't show up in the playoffs. He's not what he was.

3 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

It's pretty clear that Ballard has to focus 90% of his efforts on a WR core and pass rush.  Great to know the direction they need to go.  

Absolutely. A dominant 3tech and/or DE would do wonders. Hopefully Turay and Lewis improve over the offseason and can be big for us next season. I wouldn't be against drafting another of either if they're BPA..

• Like 1

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Colts OL got served a nice hot dish of "shut up and GIT GUD."

Yeah...we are a good run blocking line but we are not THAT good a pass blocking line

..and I don't know why Andrew had 4 passes tipped...That should not happen.

I hope he's okay

Last 6 quarters he did not look good

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Luck is a qb like manning, can't show up in the playoffs. He's not what he was.

I think he's been okay in the pevious playoff games, but absolutely horrible today. Just never had the feeling that he could mount a comeback today. He was more of the problem than the solution.

• Like 2