Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He was compared to Ed Reed because of his talent.  He has elite talent.   His performance is what we are concerned with now.  He is showing flashes of elite performance, but you're right, we need to add more talent around him (especially the front 7, like Ngata and Suggs types) to really create an elite defensive unit where he is one of the cornerstone pieces along with Leonard.   Same with Nelson.  His talent is elite, and that's why we took him at #6.  Luckily we already had Castonzo and Kelly, and added Smith in the same draft.  Now we have elite talent all along the OLine, and we're seeing flashes of elite performance.  If we have the skill-position pieces to compliment an elite OLine, we can really create an elite offensive unit where Nelson is one of the cornerstone pieces.
    • I did not know there were rules on what defines a colts fan, been a colts fan since 1953 in baltimore and indy and just finding out there are rules that define who is a fan
    • we don’t play an aggressive enough defense to emphasize the safety position. More often than not he’s required to be en a deep half. that is his responsibility. by nature his targets will be dwn and plsymaking limited. If anything is impacting Malik the most it’s our scheme  
    • Keeping Vinny makes me wonder if the Colts even think we have a serious shot at making a run this year. 
    • I get it LCF.  What I'm trying to understand is any comparison of one player to the next, when the very next thought then talks about how much his play is impacted by the different players he has around him.  And how that concept is used.   What I don't understand is when we talk about how Hooker's status is artificially dragged down  by our other defenders, why is it that the elite defenders he played with in college didn't artificially elevate his status prior to the draft.  Would he have been a stud college saftey he  played for Butler instead of OSU?   If comparisons are made to Ed Reed, and Ed Reed was Ed Reed because of Ngata, Suggs, and Lewis, then we need those types of players before Hooker can be Ed Reed too.   I simply don't understand the comparison to Ed Reed....and yes it was made at the time....when the other pieces we apparently need for him to achieve his value were nowhere to be found on the roster then and at any time the past three years.
  • Members