Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I used to do that thread in previous years, but at the end of the day I didn't feel like it was worth the effort because teams meet with most prospects at every event so it's not very meaningful. You have to pretty much only filter the ones where there is a limit on the number of prospects you can meet. For example, official meetings at the combine are limited to 45 per team. There are also 30 official visits, but we don't really hear about them unless the player himself shares something on social media.    Akers is one of those 45 meetings with the Colts it seems. 
    • You’ll have to do a topic one day that looks at all the common physical traits (like arm length, height, and speed) and the character Traits that Ballard likes to build a profile of who we may target in the draft. 
    • I think round 1 is only if we take Love at 13.  I think round 2 gets a little interesting.  You could do Eason, Fromm, Hurts or Gordon.    What are your thoughts.
    • IMO, when you sit as high in an organization as Ballard does, you don't go off and change previous decisions because of one year.  Ballard signed JB to starters money for two years and I think that decision will stand, if JB is still on the team after draft day.   Ballard is looking at the QB situation from the perspective of the 2021 season, not 2020, IMO.  Even if JB was the guy, CB still could not count on JB to be the starter in 2021 because he would have to tackle the big issue of contract, and who knows where that would lead.   He's looking at QB this draft because of the contract situation of his starter as much as anything, IMO.   Now, if an opportunity arises to upgrade the QB position at a reasonable cost, like trading up for Herbert or trading for Carr, then he pulls the trigger with the idea that the new guy will start next season.  That's why I said above "if JB is still on the team after draft day".  If this upgrade opportunity doesn't happen by draft day, JB is the starter next season.   That's why I don't think signing Rivers makes much sense.  CB would not changing anything significant about his future QB needs or how he would approach the draft.  There is only two minor things that makes it sensible, IMO: 1, The Colts get incrementally better play from the QB position next year than with JB.  Sorry, I don't think that will lead us to a materially different W-L record.  2.  He can draft his Qb of the future with his starting QB not looking over his shoulder or the locker room taking sides, which might happen if CB drafts Love when JB still wants a starting job in the NFL.  With Rivers, he's probably out of the NFL after his contract so the locker room is settled on the present and future with no favorites of one over the other. 
    • We need to do a player interest thread that can be pinned by the moderators??   @Nadine  @stitches
  • Members

• Defjamz26

Defjamz26 4,451

• coltsfan40

coltsfan40 23

• pgt_rob

pgt_rob 2,322

• onebad150

onebad150 85

• Doc

Doc 0

Rookie