Sign in to follow this  
WoolMagnet

Reich and Ballard

Help me out here.  There were like 3 things Reich described as he gave his 1st presser when hired. These 3 "pillars" if you will are how he wants his team built so to speak.  I know someone remembers. 

Also Ballard (from the start) was doing a similar outline of goals tho they were different.  Anyone specifically remember them?

The reason i bring this up is i believe we have somewhat reached them.  I also like the fact neither guy waivers in his conviction. 

5 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

I remember them well. They were, in no particular order:

Josh is a fart

Josh is a fart

and

Josh is a fart.

Thank you.

Those were off the record.

Can you imagine the "words" coming out of Ballards office when he got the news?

7 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Josh is a fart

Josh is a fart

and

Josh is a fart.

Thank you.

A good gameday  "give-away" for next time NE comes to town would be to give fans Josh McD Voodoo Dolls!  (Couldnt hurt)

The arms, legs, and head could detach with velcro.

hey Stampede Blue.... you hearing me?  Patty Mac could shoot them at fans with shirt gun.

just good, clean fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Help me out here.  There were like 3 things Reich described as he gave his 1st presser when hired. These 3 "pillars" if you will are how he wants his team built so to speak.  I know someone remembers. 

Also Ballard (from the start) was doing a similar outline of goals tho they were different.  Anyone specifically remember them?

The reason i bring this up is i believe we have somewhat reached them.  I also like the fact neither guy waivers in his conviction. 

Just had a quick search and found this from article on introductory press conference. 

Reich’s pillars for his football team will revolve around: toughness, discipline, preparation and unity.

“There will be a relentless pursuit to get better every day, a relentless pursuit, relentless every day to get better, an obsession to finishing strong,” Reich said on Tuesday. “Growing up in my household with an older sister and younger brother, my dad used to tell us all the time, tell me all the time growing up playing football. ‘Frank it’s not always a question of who is the toughest, it’s a question of who is the toughest the longest.’ We will have a tough football team.”

“Secondly, we will be the most disciplined team. We will have structure, we will have a system and we will have the processes that cultivate discipline. Why is it so important? I’ve had two quotes on my desk since my rookie year in 1985. One of them reads, ‘The sweat of discipline and the hard work and repetition always proceeds of spontaneity in any pursuit of life.’ So discipline is going to be foundation that is going to create a lot of joy out on that field and in this city and when we wear the horseshoe we will be wearing it with a lot of joy and a lot of pride in our hearts. It’s going to be fun to be a part of that.”

“Thirdly, we’re going to be most prepared team. The second quote that I’ve had on my desk since 1985 simply reads this: ‘No man becomes suddenly different from his habits and cherished thoughts.’ What we’re going to be about as an organization and as a football team is creating and cultivating habits, championship habits and championship thoughts.’ That’s the vision.”

“Fourth, we’re going to be the most united team. We’re going to be a close team. It’s going to be built around trust, respect and love. A love of the game. Chris and I talked about what this team would look like. It was all about we want players who love the game of football, love to come to work every day. Players that love each other and players that have vision, realize it’s bigger than them. It’s about the city. It’s about this city, right here in Indianapolis. There will be a love that will be so contagious, that will bring a closeness and result and produce a championship culture we all want. And what we know is this, when you have a championship culture, it’s going to result in many victories.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

23 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Just had a quick search and found this from article on introductory press conference. 

Reich’s pillars for his football team will revolve around: toughness, discipline, preparation and unity.

“There will be a relentless pursuit to get better every day, a relentless pursuit, relentless every day to get better, an obsession to finishing strong,” Reich said on Tuesday. “Growing up in my household with an older sister and younger brother, my dad used to tell us all the time, tell me all the time growing up playing football. ‘Frank it’s not always a question of who is the toughest, it’s a question of who is the toughest the longest.’ We will have a tough football team.”

“Secondly, we will be the most disciplined team. We will have structure, we will have a system and we will have the processes that cultivate discipline. Why is it so important? I’ve had two quotes on my desk since my rookie year in 1985. One of them reads, ‘The sweat of discipline and the hard work and repetition always proceeds of spontaneity in any pursuit of life.’ So discipline is going to be foundation that is going to create a lot of joy out on that field and in this city and when we wear the horseshoe we will be wearing it with a lot of joy and a lot of pride in our hearts. It’s going to be fun to be a part of that.”

“Thirdly, we’re going to be most prepared team. The second quote that I’ve had on my desk since 1985 simply reads this: ‘No man becomes suddenly different from his habits and cherished thoughts.’ What we’re going to be about as an organization and as a football team is creating and cultivating habits, championship habits and championship thoughts.’ That’s the vision.”

“Fourth, we’re going to be the most united team. We’re going to be a close team. It’s going to be built around trust, respect and love. A love of the game. Chris and I talked about what this team would look like. It was all about we want players who love the game of football, love to come to work every day. Players that love each other and players that have vision, realize it’s bigger than them. It’s about the city. It’s about this city, right here in Indianapolis. There will be a love that will be so contagious, that will bring a closeness and result and produce a championship culture we all want. And what we know is this, when you have a championship culture, it’s going to result in many victories.”

Thank You!!!!

Does that sum up our team or what?  Remarkable in such a short time and with new coaches, rokkies, etc.

Ballards "rules" were dominate line of scrimmage, fast, etc.

Just amazing how the plan is working.  It doesnt usually work out this well, and rarely this quickly.

Now we can possibly see more into why he left some players walk.  (Im thinking vontae and Gore, for different but important reasons i think)

Whats cool is Luck, Reich , and Ballard seem so similar in their demeanor, drive, values, and commitment.  They REALLY seem to be on not only the same page, but the rather the same letter, in the same word, on the same line, on the same page.

We're building a VERY strong foundation.

• Like 2

Excellent stuff. Need to work on the on field discipline though. 3rd most penalised team on D. The rest? A handfull of big ticks. Well done Frank, fantastic rookie year all round.

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Josh is a fart

Josh is a fart

and

Josh is a fart.

Thank you.

Joshy Boy

4 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Excellent stuff. Need to work on the on field discipline though. 3rd most penalised team on D. The rest? A handfull of big ticks. Well done Frank, fantastic rookie year all round.

I thought we looked a lot tidier vs Houston though.  2 for 10 yards I think. Hopefully similar today.

I think it applies to many teams but also worth mentioning some of the calls in previous games have been horrendous by the refs.

2 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

What storyline's if colts and pats meet next week .

Yep.... while the team rightly concentrates on Reich’s “1-0” approach, a storybook finish that includes a Lombardi Trophy would be made even sweeter if we were to usher OUT the Brady / Belichick era in the process.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

But in the interest of full disclosure..

..we were 10-6 or 11-5 under Grigson and Pagano, too.

They also had a plan and it also worked....with a little Luck

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Way too many penalties on the Disciplined part.

Gee, maybe it is a new system with a bunch of new players, rookies and 2nd year players. duh!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But in the interest of full disclosure..

..we were 10-6 or 11-5 under Grigson and Pagano, too.

They also had a plan and it also worked....with a little Luck

I watched a lot of sh** football with them, with oodles of those wins against bad teams with 4th quarter comebacks. Run Andrew Run and hold onto that ball...umph.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gee, maybe it is a new system with a bunch of new players, rookies and 2nd year players. duh!

Yeah the lack of discipline maybe cost us the Eagles game. That seems like forever ago...