Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We’re not suppose to

boo2202

This is a crazy situation that really surprised me.

This team has convinced me that they are capable of anything.  They have taken on the persona of Frank Reich.  You know, the underestimated "back-up" that nobody took seriously until he whooped them?  He can literally look them in the face and tell them that "we can come back from any deficit and heres how.... I've done it."  These guys have bought in.  He's calm, confident, and DECISIVE.  These traits were sorely needed and it has rubbed off on the whole team.

Until they lose, i'm kinda convinced (myself) they won't.  Why should i believe anything else?  In the past (alot), my heart told me we would win.  Now my head finally does too.

What a wonderful thing!

• Like 6

I believe 100% that we wouldn’t be here with McDaniels.  Watching Reichs pressers he doesn’t use very many manufactured responses we hear from so many other coaches and players.  That alone tells me he knows what he’s doing gives me confidence in this team as a fan and I think the players have confidence in themselves because of the little things like this.  Doesn’t matter what happens tomorrow,  I’m so jacked to see what the future holds for us

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bradgt04 said:

I believe 100% that we wouldn’t be here with McDaniels.  Watching Reichs pressers he doesn’t use very many manufactured responses we hear from so many other coaches and players.  That alone tells me he knows what he’s doing gives me confidence in this team as a fan and I think the players have confidence in themselves because of the little things like this.  Doesn’t matter what happens tomorrow,  I’m so jacked to see what the future holds for us

I honestly think McD would have lost the team at 1-5, and i think 75% of the team would "dislike" him by the end of the season.

Instead of a tightknit bunch over-achieving and "ahead of schedule", we'd be a chocolate mess.  I sincerely believe this.

Btw, i think McD backed out because he realized he couldnt use the "tricks" he learned in NE to win games.  We play by the rules in Indy.  

(Except for pumpin in crowd noise)

Haha

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I honestly think McD would have lost the team at 1-5, and i think 75% of the team would "dislike" him by the end of the season.

Instead of a tightknit bunch over-achieving and "ahead of schedule", we'd be a chocolate mess.  I sincerely believe this.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I’d wager (betting on a hypothetical hahaha) he would be run out of Indy after the first season.  The locker room would be a train wreck literally and figuratively.

1 hour ago, bradgt04 said:

I agree wholeheartedly.  I’d wager (betting on a hypothetical hahaha) he would be run out of Indy after the first season.  The locker room would be a train wreck literally and figuratively.

No, he's the type to quit and run when things go bad, back to NE 

........ back to "daddy."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bradgt04 said:

how could a train “literally” be in the colts locker room 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Be here but nobody has told our young and talented team that. So when the game kicks off tomorrow let’s hollar for our colts. Win or lose we’ve came a long way this year. Let’s keep the motto going tomorrow 1-0. Our boys believe, so should we. Either way we should all be proud of our team. 

Lets to go colts

lets go colts 

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment that they're too inexperienced to know they don't "belong".  Been saying that the last couple of weeks.  Of course we do know that they DO belong because they played the games, but it's the great thing about having a really good leader (Reich).  He can teach the kids in his style in his way, and if the plan is good then all else will fall into place.  I think that's what we've seen happen to this team this year.  It's a perfect storm type of  scenario (geez, am I trite or what??).

Almost 0 Colts fans here in Myrtle Beach, but I always wear my colors and everyone that speaks to me over the last couple of weeks likes our team.  I tell them exactly what you've said "we're too young to know we shouldn't be here".  I hope we don't wake up until the off-season.

• Like 1

The pressure is all on KC.   They are supposed to win,they are a #1 seed the Colts a 6. They are home,we are on the road,they have a better win loss record than the Colts. so they are supposed to win.  the Colts only need to show up and play the best they can.Thats all that is expected of them. Thats how upsets happen,only if you call it that.  LOL     Go Colts!!!  throw a chief off you back and run away with it.

50 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Well, obviously, it would be there because it "wrecked".

haha

i knw the english language is limited but that doesn’t mean it still has to be abandoned.  “literally” there’s no way a train can run into the locker room “figuratively” yes literally “no”

4 minutes ago, conklincolt said:

The pressure is all on KC.   They are supposed to win,they are a #1 seed the Colts a 6. They are home,we are on the road,they have a better win loss record than the Colts. so they are supposed to win.  the Colts only need to show up and play the best they can.Thats all that is expected of them. Thats how upsets happen,only if you call it that.  LOL     Go Colts!!!  throw a chief off you back and run away with it.

false the regular season is over. We’re 1-0 they’re 0-0. perspectives 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

false the regular season is over. We’re 1-0 they’re 0-0. perspectives 

True but for us the Playoffs started in October in reality. At 1-5 we could actually only lose 1 game at that point and still would need help. Both happened, we went 9-1 and Oakland beat Pittsburgh somehow, otherwise this amazing season would've never took place. Had Oakland not beat Pitt, we would've been sitting at home at 10-6 believe it or not. Just winning 9 out of 10 is remarkable in itself. A lot of Great teams do not even do that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but for us the Playoffs started in October in reality. At 1-5 we could actually only lose 1 game at that point and still would need help. Both happened, we went 9-1 and Oakland beat Pittsburgh somehow, otherwise this amazing season would've never took place. Had Oakland not beat Pitt, we would've been sitting at home at 10-6 believe it or not. Just winning 9 out of 10 is remarkable in itself. A lot of Great teams do not even do that. 

the regular season is over. Every team is guaranteed 16 games. the cream is rising now

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, conklincolt said:

We’re going to learn something today (I guess you could say that about every game).  

Win and it’s pretty obvious that we can play with anybody.  Lose and we’ll probably learn what we need to do to take the next step.  

IMO we’re playing with house money.  We can only get better next season.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

This is a crazy situation that really surprised me.

This team has convinced me that they are capable of anything.  They have taken on the persona of Frank Reich.  You know, the underestimated "back-up" that nobody took seriously until he whooped them?  He can literally look them in the face and tell them that "we can come back from any deficit and heres how.... I've done it."  These guys have bought in.  He's calm, confident, and DECISIVE.  These traits were sorely needed and it has rubbed off on the whole team.

Until they lose, i'm kinda convinced (myself) they won't.  Why should i believe anything else?  In the past (alot), my heart told me we would win.  Now my head finally does too.

What a wonderful thing!

I love the way you phrased the part about how your head and heart can now agree. I am finally there with you as well.  

This is what many of us wanted.  We could see previously that the Colts were not where we needed to be.  Now...seemingly overnight...we are where many of us wanted to be...faster than could have been imagined.  This team has grown a lot this season in so many ways.   We CAN go all the way.  It’s no longer  homerism to believe it.  We have enough of the key elements (QB, Oline, defense, heart, toughness, coaching, front office) for this to be “our time” right now.

• Like 1

Moving past the Divisional Round is really tough because all the #1 and #2 Seeds are involved at that point. Unless you are the Pats who seem to make the Final 4 every year :funny:. Having said that we have a great opportunity here but KC is the #1 Seed for a reason. When we had Peyton, he failed 7 times in this round. It's big boy Football once it gets down to 8 teams. 24 other teams are sitting at home and eating Doritos on their couch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Moving past the Divisional Round is really tough because all the #1 and #2 Seeds are involved at that point. Unless you are the Pats who seem to make the Final 4 every year :funny:. Having said that we have a great opportunity here but KC is the #1 Seed for a reason. When we had Peyton, he failed 7 times in this round. It's big boy Football once it gets down to 8 teams. 24 other teams are sitting at home and eating Doritos on their couch.

All of those Colts teams and all of these Patriots teams show one thing. A team needs to be a complete football team to win the SB. Colts have that this season. We’ll see if it translates

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All true.  I feel this year Luck has a team better equipped to run that gauntlet than the ones Peyton had.  All respect to KC for earning the number one seed. However, over the last half of the season, the Colts have shown themselves to be the hotter and more complete team.  Makes for an interesting match up.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are but our Defense is young so I still do not see them as great as the Pats Defenses were.

I never said they were as good as those Patriots defensive units. What I’m saying is that the Colts have the more complete team than the rest of the field

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

They have taken on the persona of Frank Reich.  You know, the underestimated "back-up" that nobody took seriously until he whooped them?  He can literally look them in the face and tell them that "we can come back from any deficit and heres how.... I've done it."

Twice!!

college-

http://www.inspire21.com/stories/sportsstories/FrankReichComebackKing

pros-

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/bills-greatest-comeback/

Go Colts!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MFT5 said:

i knw the english language is limited but that doesn’t mean it still has to be abandoned.  “literally” there’s no way a train can run into the locker room “figuratively” yes literally “no”

Nobody said the size of the train.....literally

• Haha 1

As long as it's a competitive game regardless of the outcome I'm not really going to be disappointed.  The Colts have far exceeded my expectations this year especially after starting 1-5.  Hopefully most fans feel this way.  I feel like this game is somewhat a coin flip with a slight advantage to the Chiefs.  I feel the Colts are overall more balanced while the Chiefs have more star power.