Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+4) at New England (1-13-19)

oldunclemark

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Nah.   NE  has to travel to KC.   KC has an extra day to rest on top of not having to travel.  I would not be so quick to count KC out.

I agree Gramz I personally think that KC can beat the Pats especially since they play in KC. I don't think the Pats have that great of record on away games. (does that tell you any thing) :funny:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

I agree Gramz I personally think that KC can beat the Pats especially since they play in KC. I don't think the Pats have that great of record on away games. (does that tell you any thing) :funny:

For a team that was “sub Par” and “on the downward trend” being in the AFCCG is pretty nice lol

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Just let the initial sting wear off.... And realise the many years of arrogant NE fans we have dealt with... 

Yeah, what are these "Johnny come lately, new kid in town" fans forgetting about NE fans??? I shake my head. :dunno:

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

as soon as the clock strung 0:00 last night. I wasn't mad at KC... I just said do the same thing next weekend! Hopefully Kelce is unguardable again

The reason Mahomes started slow vs Patriots on the road was because Belichick took Kelce away first. Having played the Patriots once and having Watkins back as a third option gives Andy Reid more options to game plan for them.

As far as the Patriots are concerned, until the Chiefs prove they can stop the run, heavy doses of Michel and Burkhead and FB Develin is what they’re using.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

The reason Mahomes started slow vs Patriots on the road was because Belichick took Kelce away first. Having played the Patriots once and having Watkins back as a third option gives Andy Reid more options to game plan for them. 

Mahomes also missed like 3 td passes in a row to start that game...

44 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, what are these "Johnny come lately, new kid in town" fans forgetting about NE fans??? I shake my head. :dunno:

If they went to Foxborough , they would be whistling a different tune. I have to deal with these eight balls 8-9 times a year when the Red Sox roll into Camden Yards, on top of the Patriots . To know them is to hate them ! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

as soon as the clock strung 0:00 last night. I wasn't mad at KC... I just said do the same thing next weekend! Hopefully Kelce is unguardable again

I was pulling for the Chargers right after we lost. Hoodie watched the Ravens blitz the heck out of Rivers, especially the first game. The evil genius did it again. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

As far as the Patriots are concerned, until the Chiefs prove they can stop the run, heavy doses of Michel and Burkhead and FB Develin is what they’re using.

Hunt always hurt the Pats and he is no longer there.. should be a great game.. 

2 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Wilson is cool to me, maybe it's because Seahawks fans don't treat him like he's god or something...

The talk about Mahomes makes me wanna puke!! Even fans of other teams treat him like a God. I guess the other 31 teams are full of peasants and them and all the fans must bow to the mighty Mahomes and KC. :facepalm:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The talk about Mahomes makes me wanna puke!! Even fans of other teams treat him like a God. I guess the other 31 teams are full of peasants and them and all the fans must bow to the mighty Mahomes and KC. :facepalm:

He's good.   Not a God.  But he is good. MVP this year, and I think he deserves it. 

You don't think he's good?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

He's good.   Not a God.  But he is good. MAP this year, and I think he deserves it. 

You don't think he's good?

Sure I think he's good but all it takes is for him to crash down to earth after this year it happens all the time. hes the new thing this year but this talk that hes better than many great QBs with many years of top play just rubs me the wrong way. Like there are people saying hes better than luck like wth lmao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sure I think he's good but all it takes is for him to crash down to earth after this year it happens all the time. hes the new thing this year but this talk that hes better than many great QBs with many years of top play just rubs me the wrong way. Like there are people saying hes better than luck like wth lmao

Well, time will tell.

I'm okay with the talk this year. He's had a great year, and there's  no denying it.

I was disappointed in our loss yesterday, and the play of our team, but I can't be upset with Mahomes for how well he played. 

Next year will be Lucks year! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Well, time will tell.

I'm okay with the talk this year. He's had a great year, and there's  no denying it.

I was disappointed in our loss yesterday, and the play of our team, but I can't be upset with Mahomes for how well he played. 

Next year will be Lucks year! 

I'd hope he would put up big numbers with his offense full of elite play makers 

8 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Of course.. but he still had to do his part, and he did.

That's where I'm different than everyone else. I respect players like Luck or Wilson more they play at an elite level with way less help on their teams. Like I said I think Mahomes is good but this talk about him is annoying when he has one season of production. I dont wanna hear how he's better than my qb who has played at a top level every year he has played in the league.

The stupid KC fanbase sure didnt make me wanna change my mind either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I knew in my hesrt of hearts that BB was going to take what the Ravens did and adapt.  Our Oline was pathetic.  I think Gordon was more hurt than the team let on.  

A one-sided offense will never beat the Patriots.  Brady was picking his nose behind his line.

Sorry about the loss. It's always tough to lose in the Playoffs but you were 1 of 8 like us, gave it a shot and came up short. Still a good season. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I knew in my hesrt of hearts that BB was going to take what the Ravens did and adapt.  Our Oline was pathetic.  I think Gordon was more hurt than the team let on.  

A one-sided offense will never beat the Patriots.  Brady was picking his nose behind his line.

The Chargers are a good team.. they just ran into a very very angry Patriots team that’s been hearing how bad they are and that they would get crushed by the Chargers.

only thing I found odd was the lack of in game adjustments by the Chargers. I am pretty sure the Pats could have dropped 60 on them if they had decided to keep pressing.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

The Chargers are a good team.. they just ran into a very very angry Patriots team that’s been hearing how bad they are and that they would get crushed by the Chargers.

only thing I found odd was the lack of in game adjustments by the Chargers. I am pretty sure the Pats could have dropped 60 on them if they had decided to keep pressing.   

I think it was a bit of a perfect storm here. Chargers had to play on the East Coast twice in two weeks while the Patriots had the bye. The weather also couldn't have helped. No matter what anyone says, I have a hard time believing that playing and practicing in the cold every day isn't an advantage for the cold-weather-climate team. (Much like the teams based in the South have an advantage early on in the season.)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's where I'm different than everyone else. I respect players like Luck or Wilson more they play at an elite level with way less help on their teams. Like I said I think Mahomes is good but this talk about him is annoying when he has one season of production. I dont wanna hear how he's better than my qb who has played at a top level every year he has played in the league.

The stupid KC fanbase sure didnt make me wanna change my mind either.

18 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd hope he would put up big numbers with his offense full of elite play makers 

You must be on the younger side, because this was the argument against Peyton Manning for several years! Just kind of ironic how things come full circle. 

I have to disagree overall though. Alex Smith QB'd the same team last year and they were nowhere as good. Mahomes has some amazing physical gifts and he showed a lot of smarts this year on top of those gifts. He's gonna be around, and successful, for a while if he stays healthy.

7 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I have to disagree overall though. Alex Smith QB'd the same team last year and they were nowhere as good. Mahomes has some amazing physical gifts and he showed a lot of smarts this year on top of those gifts. He's gonna be around, and successful, for a while if he stays healthy.

:agree:. Time will tell, of course, but I have been impressed with him.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

I think it was a bit of a perfect storm here. Chargers had to play on the East Coast twice in two weeks while the Patriots had the bye. The weather also couldn't have helped. No matter what anyone says, I have a hard time believing that playing and practicing in the cold every day isn't an advantage for the cold-weather-climate team. (Much like the teams based in the South have an advantage early on in the season.)

Its about consistency he has 1 year of play and if he is terrible next year then what? I dont think he will be but unless you can see the future you dont know either