Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+4) at New England (1-13-19)

oldunclemark

1:05 EST...Jim Nantz, Tony Romo and Tracy Wolfson on CBS

Low 20s and cloudy at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro..over-under 47

Phillip 'Old Man' Rivers (347 of 508, 4,308 yards, 32 Tds, 12 INTs) has not played at a peak in recent weeks and he'll get tight end Hunter Henry (who has not played all season) back in the lineup for the biggest game of the year.

RB Melvin Gordon (175 carries, 885 yards) will play but he is probably not near 100% and he''l face a Patriot defense that allowed just 93 rushing first downs in 16 games.

NE star 'Shady' Tom Brady (375 of 570, 4,355 yards, 29 TDFs, 11 INTs) has not been at his best this year but he still has good hands people in TE Rob Gronkowski (47 catches, 682 yards), WR Julian Edelman (74 catches, 850 yards) and RB James  White (87 caches, 751 yards)  plus RB Sony Michel (209 carries, 931 yards).  The Chargers have 35 sacks but Brady has only been sacked 21 times all year.

Like The Colts and KC, The Chargers (13-4) and New England (11-5) did not meet this season and that means the Chargers defense will have to adapt very quickly to whatever Brady wants to do. The Patriots split their last four games but again, with wo weeks off, that does not matter.

San Diego has scored just 42 points in the last three games.

The Chargers have had a very good season but it ends here.  There's something wrong with Rivers. He's not throwing the ball like he did last year and with Gordon hurt, The Chargers will take their whipping.  James White is the X-man. He'll run it and he'll catch it.

Nobody really thinks the Chargers will win this game and I don't think they'll come within 4 points.

Step back from this game and look at it again.

Chargers at New England in January with the Patriots healthy?

You know how its going to end.

Patriots win and host the Colts in  'Grudge Match II"  :hulk:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philip Rivers is one of my favorite QBs ever. I would love to see him win a Super Bowl. Now that the Colts are out of the playoffs, the Chargers are the only team left that keeps me watching the playoffs. I think they have a good chance to advance against this Pats team. Go Bolts!

@Girlzarefanstoo Is Gordon playing tomorrow?

14 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

He practiced limited this week, but is active for tomorrow so he should be a go.  We're pretty healthy.  Can't wait.  Thanks for rooting for us ♡

I know win or lose today I am going be cheering for whoever comes out of this game against KC.  I actually don’t dislike the Chargers so May the best team win and end up in the SB!

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

They going again. Julian Edelman and James white can be the only WRs on this team and they can't be stopped

Yeah, with all the KC/Lac/Ind hype this postseason the Pats are going to come in and smack everyone and say..'shhhh, we're still here folks'.. Lol

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Media needs to stop touting the end of Brady. He’s not going to be done until he wants to be done. The guy is so good

They almost always win. They will probably go into Arrowhead and win as well lol. Tom is the GOAT, Montana is 2nd, I have Peyton 3rd. I will stick with that. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The WR position though greatly needed isnt very big for me.   I highly hope Ballard continues to build the trenches as he has done cause he has done wonderful doing that thus far.
    • Yes, slightly OT here but the #2 WR position has been a problem for the Colts for years.    Grigson tried to address it with Moncrief and Dorsett, and a series of FAs, none of which were very productive (at the time though, Avery was a slot and played with TY and Reggie, making a very good trio).   Ballard has tried to address it with Campbell and Pittman, but his quantity of other tries did not emerge or had setbacks like Funchess.   You could say that since Reggie got hurt, the most reliable and consistent second option behind TY was Ebron......for one year.    That's pretty pathetic.
    • Ballard is the best drafting GM in the league since 2018 IMO (the year he brought HIS scouts in). However, he's shown an inability to draft WRs and EDGE rushers so far, and we don't know if he is able to get us a franchise QB back post-Luck. I do think this team will be good for years to come with him as GM, but Ballard has to drop his mentality that the QB isn't the most important guy on the team. That's just not true, and it's extremely obvious with the Colts.   Otherwise, if he continues his drafts the way he currently does them, I want him as my GM. He just needs a plan to get us our new QB whether it be the draft, FA, trade, or starting Eason at some point.
    • I will say...while Luck retiring was a raw deal...how many new GMs actually get to inherit a top tier franchise QB? Most teams make a change in the FO because they don't have that QB (and therefore the team is not good). So while having your QB retire abruptly is uncommon...it is not uncommon for a GM to have to solve the QB problem for a franchise...like Ballard will have to do.   I would also say that Ballard got a chance few GMs get. The 2017 team was a disaster...and it gave the Colts the #3 pick in a QB-heavy draft. Already having a QB on the roster (at the time)...Ballard was able to flip that pick into a huge amount of draft capital to accelerate the rebuild. In his first 3 drafts...he had SIX 2nd round picks to work with. And most people don't even begin to evaluate him until the 2018 season...which seems like a pretty good deal as well.
    • I like Ballard and I think he is one of the top GM's in the league.   Now that we are SB contenders again this year I think it's time for him to make a move at the deadline to position the team for the final run.  No reason not to.  We could use some help at a few positions so this is when the good GM's on contending teams make a move to help their teams.  I think we are there now.  
  • Members

• danlhart87

danlhart87 4,065

• buccolts

buccolts 4,969

• Barry Sears

Barry Sears 1,459

• DynaMike

DynaMike 28

• Hark

Hark 308

• chad72