Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOTT

Pagano to Bears

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Good for Chuck... let's not get into rehashing the same old arguments about his tenure here eh?

Didn't know you were Canadian until now. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Didn't know you were Canadian until now. :) 

 

I thought you were my friend, buddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Lets not get carried away…...I like Chuck..

….but the '85 Bears put QBs on IR

 

Let Mack play 1985 offenses and by 1985 rules and he might be putting people on IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

:wall:------Context of the personality of Pagano.

I always forget that you won't ever back off supporting Pagano despite his history of poor coaching.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Happy for the guy.

 

I think he's gonna do really well. When he had talent in Baltimore, they had a strong defense (I believe second in the league).

 

I expect he'll do well

 

I actually think DC is his niche. His defenses in Indy  generally over-achieved. Last year is a good example. Not much talent on defense, but they kept the Colts close in most games. It was last year's offense, especially the O-Line that was the drag on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I always forget that you won't ever back off supporting Pagano despite his history of poor coaching.

 

 

 

His history of poor coaching? Really?  But yet he still had a winning record.

What you don't understand about Pagano is he is not throwing anyone under the bus and points the finger at himself.  That is what a good head coach does in case you hadn't noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

hey-i-am-not-your-buddy-guy.jpg

IMG_0926.thumb.JPG.9f77e3782c475c90de47f3aa31d052d3.JPG

this is your buddy guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

His history of poor coaching? Really?  But yet he still had a winning record.

What you don't understand about Pagano is he is not throwing anyone under the bus and points the finger at himself.  That is what a good head coach does in case you hadn't noticed.

Yes, he has a history of poor coaching (most of his Indy tenure) and had a winning record due to Luck (which he basically admitted in the link).

 

A good coach is does more than point the finger at himself, especially when he deserves the blame.

 

Not going to continue arguing with you, I realize you're prepared to die on this hill for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, colt18 said:

Yes, he has a history of poor coaching (most of his Indy tenure) and had a winning record due to Luck (which he basically admitted in the link).

 

A good coach is does more than point the finger at himself, especially when he deserves the blame.

 

Not going to continue arguing with you, I realize you're prepared to die on this hill for some reason.

Look, I am not going to hash this all over again when all you want is to argue. You have your opinion and I have mine. (die on this hill?)  Just stop the dramatics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, colt18 said:

Not going to continue arguing with you, I realize you're prepared to die on this hill for some reason.

 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Look, I am not going to hash this all over again when all you want is to argue. You have your opinion and I have mine. (die on this hill?)  Just stop the dramatics.

 

Maybe he wasn't a great Xs and Os HC, but he was a great motivator as a HC.

 

He was a good enough HC to win his fair share of games.  He was also a bad enough HC to lose his job.

 

No denying he is a likable guy.  Good Luck to him in Chicago.  :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

 

Maybe he wasn't a great Xs and Os HC, but he was a great motivator as a HC.

 

He was a good enough HC to win his fair share of games.  He was also a bad enough HC to lose his job.

 

No denying he is a likable guy.  Good Luck to him in Chicago.  :thmup:

He was such a great motivator that he was able to motivate his teams into starting slow....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, colt18 said:

He was such a great motivator that he was able to motivate his teams into starting slow....?

 

I think the slow starts was more a symptom of his strategic deficiencies.

 

I think all the 4th quarter comebacks showed he kept his teams motivated for 4 quarters, even if he didn't make the best halftime or in-game adjustments.

 

And yes, Luck gets a lot of credit for those 4th quarter comebacks.  But on the flip-side of that coin, you have to give Luck some of the blame for slow starts and being behind early in games due to his many turnovers early in games.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

His history of poor coaching? Really?  But yet he still had a winning record.

What you don't understand about Pagano is he is not throwing anyone under the bus and points the finger at himself.  That is what a good head coach does in case you hadn't noticed.

10 of those wins were Arians not him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

10 of those wins were Arians not him.

Just stop. Hasn't this already been debated, talked and argued about enough already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, colt18 said:

He was such a great motivator that he was able to motivate his teams into starting slow....?

Lucky was just trying to lighten it up and now you are trying to argue with him?

Jeez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just stop. Hasn't this already been debated, talked and argued about enough already?

No because everybody on here thinks he was a good coach just because he some how ended his tenure here with a winning record bottom line is he was trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No because everybody on here thinks he was a good coach just because he some how ended his tenure here with a winning record bottom line is he was trash.

 

DaringWarpedAmericanredsquirrel-size_res

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Lucky was just trying to lighten it up and now you are trying to argue with him?

Jeez.

I'm not arguing with Lucky as much as I'm pointing out the flaws in supporting Pagano.

 

 

Please stop quoting me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I'm not arguing with Lucky as much as I'm pointing out the flaws in supporting Pagano.

 

And I'm pointing out the flaws in calling him a poor coach.  Or "trash" as someone else said.

 

He was average at worst.  Average at best.

 

He was an average coach.  But a good dude.  I liked him.  Still do.  But I'm glad we have Reich now.  :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I'm not arguing with Lucky as much as I'm pointing out the flaws in supporting Pagano.

 

 

Please stop quoting me.

Since it's seems to be you have to have the last word, be my guest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

And I'm pointing out the flaws in calling him a poor coach.  Or "trash" as someone else said.

 

He was average at worst.  Average at best.

 

He was an average coach.  But a good dude.  I liked him.  Still do.  But I'm glad we have Reich now.  :thmup:

 

He was a below average coach. An average  head coach can do more than simply motivate the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, colt18 said:

He was a below average coach. An average  head coach can do more than simply motivate the team.

 

Agree to disagree.  :shake:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pagano is a loser. He wants to be friends with the players. Fine, go mange your neighbors bowling team. The Bears need a fire breather like Buddy Ryan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

53-43 is a losing record?

 

Huh...

 

:lol:

You sank your own ship....again. 55% wins is a winner in the NFL??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King Colt said:

You sank your own ship....again. 55% wins is a winner in the NFL??!!

 

Chuck Paganos' 55% ranks him 64th all-time, tied with Mike Shanahan.

 

List of coaches with worse winning %:

 

Tom Coughlin - 2 SBs

Tom Flores - 2 SBs

Dick Vermeil - 1 SB

Gary Kubiak - 1 SB

Jon Gruden - 1 SB

Buddy Ryan

Bum Phillips

 

List of coaches with winning % below 60%:

 

Mike Holmgren - 1 SB

John Harbaugh - 1 SB

Pete Carroll - 1 SB

Hank Stram - 1 SB

Bill Parcells - 2 SB

Chuck Knoll - 4 SB

Mike Ditka - 1 SB

Brian Billick - 1 SB

Jimmie Johnson - 2 SB

Mike Shanahan - 2 SB

 

For reference, there are only 4 coaches with a winning % over 70%.

 

Guy Chamberlin

John Madden

Vince Lombardi

George Allen

 

... what was that about sinking your own ship?

 

how-to-spot-a-sinking-ship-640x430.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Chuck Paganos' 55% ranks him 64th all-time, tied with Mike Shanahan.

 

List of coaches with worse winning %:

 

Tom Coughlin - 2 SBs

Tom Flores - 2 SBs

Dick Vermeil - 1 SB

Gary Kubiak - 1 SB

Jon Gruden - 1 SB

Buddy Ryan

Bum Phillips

 

List of coaches with winning % below 60%:

 

Mike Holmgren - 1 SB

John Harbaugh - 1 SB

Pete Carroll - 1 SB

Hank Stram - 1 SB

Bill Parcells - 2 SB

Chuck Knoll - 4 SB

Mike Ditka - 1 SB

Brian Billick - 1 SB

Jimmie Johnson - 2 SB

Mike Shanahan - 2 SB

 

For reference, there are only 4 coaches with a winning % over 70%.

 

Guy Chamberlin

John Madden

Vince Lombardi

George Allen

 

... what was that about sinking your own ship?

 

how-to-spot-a-sinking-ship-640x430.jpg

You went to all that work to prove my point. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

You went to all that work to prove my point. Thank you.

 

You said Chuck is a loser and the Colts need someone like Buddy Ryan, who has a worse winning % than Chuck...

 

So wouldn't Buddy Ryan be an even bigger loser?

 

:scratch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pagano , like a lot of coaches can excel in a role playing assistant , that suites their expertise.

There is a lot of good assistant coaches that just can't make that leap to head coaching.

Capers, Wade Phillips , come to mind. I have nothing against Pagano, I think he is a caring human being and I wish the best for him in his new role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Pagano , like a lot of coaches can excel in a role playing assistant , that suites their expertise.

There is a lot of good assistant coaches that just can't make that leap to head coaching.

Capers, Wade Phillips , come to mind. I have nothing against Pagano, I think he is a caring human being and I wish the best for him in his new role. 

How can that be said about a first time head coach?

I am pretty sure New England is glad they took a gamble with a losing coach like Belichick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, King Colt said:

Pagano is a loser. He wants to be friends with the players. Fine, go mange your neighbors bowling team. The Bears need a fire breather like Buddy Ryan.

So do you think Tony Dungy was a bad coach?  He didn't breath fire.

One thing you need to learn is today's players do not play for a head coach who 'breaths fire' as you call it.

That may have worked years ago but not when the players make three times what the coaches make and want and  expect to be treated as grown men.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So do you think Tony Dungy was a bad coach?  He didn't breath fire.

One thing you need to learn is today's players do not play for a head coach who 'breaths fire' as you call it.

That may have worked years ago but not when the players make three times what the coaches make and want and  expect to be treated as grown men.

 

Colts are lucky I am not Head Coach I would be Godzilla :rawr:and spit fire, and please a lot of fans :sarcasm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good move imo.  they have a great front 7 and need to coach up the secondary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...