Colts1324

TY Hilton and Antonio Brown’s relationship??

Does their close relationship influence Ballard to potentially look at trading for Brown? I know he is kind of a diva in the locker room, but I think Luck and Hilton could have a positive influence on Brown. Thoughts?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Does their close relationship influence Ballard to potentially look at trading for Brown? I know he is kind of a diva in the locker room, but I think Luck and Hilton could have a positive influence on Brown. Thoughts?? 

Chris values draft picks too much. He won't be willing to part with high picks for an older player. 

• Like 1

Antonio Brown will cost a 1st round draft pick and possibly a 3rd.  Yes TY and Antonio Brown grew up together in Florida, but that’s it! Don’t read too much into just because they’re childhood friends Ballard is going to send a boatload of picks to acquire him. 

This wide receiver draft class is stacked. I’m sure we can find a receiver in round 2. I’m hoping Hakeem Butler falls to the second. 

45 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

To the bolded - the answer to that is somewhere between no and hell no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

He is a cancer no thank you too much baggage talented probably the best receiver in the game but way too much baggage.

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Thoughts??

Why would TY want AB on this team?

TY is a WR that wants the ball.

He doesn't want AB coming in and taking receptions away from him.

I believe TY's father coached both of them in High School.  Not 100% sure but I think that's what I read.  They are close though.  I think if TY went to Ballard and vouched for him I think Ballard would listen.  TY knows we are going to upgrade the position regardless.  TY also wants to win.  So I really don't think TY would be against it.  Now that Rooney has said they are listening to offers that pretty much lessens their leverage for a high pick.  They just want to move on.  They might even take Brissett as part of a trade package.  After all Ben almost retired last year.  That said I would think the Steelers would prefer to send him to the NFC for obvious reasons.  Just like Giants would probably prefer to send OBJ to the AFC.  The Colts are going to be linked to a lot of players in the off season.  TY's and Antonio's past relationship tends to give this one more legs IMO. 

• Like 2

With the way we distribute the ball now, AB is not necessary at all. A between the tackles RB to complement Mack would be higher on the priority list and a play making WR from the draft to add to what we have should give us what we need.

As awesome as it would to see AB with a horseshoe on his helmet, its not happening. Steelers are gonna want a lot for him and their not trading him in the AFC.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I believe TY's father coached both of them in High School.  Not 100% sure but I think that's what I read.  They are close though.  I think if TY went to Ballard and vouched for him I think Ballard would listen.  TY knows we are going to upgrade the position regardless.  TY also wants to win.  So I really don't think TY would be against it.  Now that Rooney has said they are listening to offers that pretty much lessens their leverage for a high pick.  They just want to move on.  They might even take Brissett as part of a trade package.  After all Ben almost retired last year.  That said I would think the Steelers would prefer to send him to the NFC for obvious reasons.  Just like Giants would probably prefer to send OBJ to the AFC.  The Colts are going to be linked to a lot of players in the off season.  TY's and Antonio's past relationship tends to give this one more legs IMO. 

I never even thought about the possibility of a trade that includes Brissett. It furthers the belief of a reporter close to Irsay saying we are looking to upgrade the WR position in a BIG way this offseason. 

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Why would TY want AB on this team?

TY is a WR that wants the ball.

He doesn't want AB coming in and taking receptions away from him.

Antonio Brown and Juju both had over 100 receptions this past season. So, that’s not really a factor IMO. It would help open things over top for Hilton. Imagine trying to stop TWO players like TY. You can’t double both players. We’d easily have the top WR duo in the league. 6 years of Antonio Brown at an All-Pro level is more than any 1st & 4th round pick is going to give us. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I never even thought about the possibility of a trade that includes Brissett. It furthers the belief of a reporter close to Irsay saying we are looking to upgrade the WR position in a BIG way this offseason. 

I forgot about the report mentioning Irsay talking about upgrading the WR position in a BIG way. That further lends to the theory that a trade might be in the making.  Brissett to the Giants as part of a trade for OBJ could also make sense considering Eli's situation.  BIG way doesn't mean a FA or draft pick to me.   It means trade for a playmaker IMO.  This off season is going to be exciting. 

• Like 1

Agreed. If you look back on Ballard’s comments regarding how he plans to build this team. He said that we need 10-12 core players, and then he will be more open to adding big stars via free agency or trade. 9 draft picks is amazing, but I think we either trade up or trade for somebody with one or two of those picks. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 3:22 PM, DownHillRunner said:

Antonio Brown will cost a 1st round draft pick and possibly a 3rd.  Yes TY and Antonio Brown grew up together in Florida, but that’s it! Don’t read too much into just because they’re childhood friends Ballard is going to send a boatload of picks to acquire him. 

This wide receiver draft class is stacked. I’m sure we can find a receiver in round 2. I’m hoping Hakeem Butler falls to the second. 

He'll be too expensive, but you have to be kidding me...... a 1st and 3rd for one of the highest paid WR who is a known Diva and also 30?  not happening man...... they might ask that and if they do, and stick to it, he's a Steeler next year, no problem... lol

After watching today I hope hes a Colt next year. I was on the fence about it, but its obvious to a blind man that we need another playmaker opposite of TY.

10 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

He'll be too expensive, but you have to be kidding me...... a 1st and 3rd for one of the highest paid WR who is a known Diva and also 30?  not happening man...... they might ask that and if they do, and stick to it, he's a Steeler next year, no problem... lol

A 1st and a 3rd. will never happen.  I think a 2nd. will do it.  

On 1/11/2019 at 7:38 PM, Colts1324 said:

Antonio Brown and Juju both had over 100 receptions this past season. So, that’s not really a factor IMO. It would help open things over top for Hilton. Imagine trying to stop TWO players like TY. You can’t double both players. We’d easily have the top WR duo in the league. 6 years of Antonio Brown at an All-Pro level is more than any 1st & 4th round pick is going to give us. 

Antonio Brown is 30. He's gonna be 31 when next season starts. You really think he would give you six years of all pro production?

1, sure. 2 Why not? But 6? No way.

And if you hit on that first round pick, you'd have a cost controlled youngster for 4 years.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:40 PM, BProland85 said:

Chris values draft picks too much. He won't be willing to part with high picks for an older player. 

Honestly if Brown was 27, I could c him doing it.  I think it is Browns age that would negate a trade and not the so called cancer in the locker room behaviors.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 12:19 AM, NorthernBlue said:

Antonio Brown is 30. He's gonna be 31 when next season starts. You really think he would give you six years of all pro production?

1, sure. 2 Why not? But 6? No way.

And if you hit on that first round pick, you'd have a cost controlled youngster for 4 years.

All I’m saying is that Antonio Brown is VERY LIKELY better the next 4 years than any player we pick at No. 26. I don’t know if he would even give up a 1st, but I would be for it. 

The dead cap hit the Steelers have to pay him would lessen the cap hit we take on as well I believe. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

All I’m saying is that Antonio Brown is VERY LIKELY better the next 4 years than any player we pick at No. 26. I don’t know if he would even give up a 1st, but I would be for it. 

The dead cap hit the Steelers have to pay him would lessen the cap hit we take on as well I believe. 

This up coming draft has some very good receivers coming out. With Cain and Inman we do not need to spend money and a draft pick for Brown.

Brown does not fit what Ballard is looking for in players. He wants leaders, not diva's or cancers.

Him knowing TY will not enter the picture.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This up coming draft has some very good receivers coming out. With Cain and Inman we do not need to spend money and a draft pick for Brown.

Brown does not fit what Ballard is looking for in players. He wants leaders, not diva's or cancers.

Him knowing TY will not enter the picture.

There are good WR's in every draft..... but this year doesn't appear to be much depth after the 2-4 guys in the top tier are gone....there will be sleepers and solid guys for sure, but only a few with "star" potential like Brown has for the next 3 seasons

I'm hoping the Colts entertain the Brown option.   Luck could really use him. 

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I'm hoping the Colts entertain the Brown option.   Luck could really use him. 

Broncos are going hard after him, I read. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Broncos are going hard after him, I read. 

I read that too but we are still being mentioned as a landing spot.  

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

There are good WR's in every draft..... but this year doesn't appear to be much depth after the 2-4 guys in the top tier are gone....there will be sleepers and solid guys for sure, but only a few with "star" potential like Brown has for the next 3 seasons

So him being a diva and a locker room cancer over rides what Ballard wants in a player?

IMO Ballard will not be looking to give up draft picks and a huge contract gambling he can change his spots.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I read that too but we are still being mentioned as a landing spot.  

Same principal applies here to both Bell and AB.

Those suggesting Indy is a potential landing spot for either are doing so base on one of two things.

1) Perceived need

2) Available cap space

What I am 100% sure of is that they are not taking into account what Ballard stated values are such as draft picks, locker room chemistry, a desire to develop players in house and paying those guys.  Understanding that makes it damn near impossible for me to see either of those two players in Indy next season.