BProland85

Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

In my opinion, this player fits what Ballard wants in a cornerstone player for this franchise. Not only can Wilkins play the penetrating DT position for the Colts, he can also occasionally play goal line RB/FB. Watch highlights of him in this video to see examples. Oh, and he's also a very good leader. I'd love having him on this team! Walterfootball compares him to Fletcher Cox, which is very generous, but Wilkins definitely has talent. 

• Like 4

He'd be great. Not sure he lasts to the Colts in Round 1 but he fits the profile they are looking for. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hoose said:

He'd be great. Not sure he lasts to the Colts in Round 1 but he fits the profile they are looking for. 

Positive PED test may push him our way

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, ColtV said:

Positive PED test may push him our way

You’re confusing him with Dexter Lawrence. Wilkins was not busted for PEDs.

• Like 3

He is one of 4-5 UTs that MAY be available, that I agree, would improve our current defense

Recent Mock Drafts - PROVEN to be 100% WRONG

Wilkins

Draftwire - Drafted 13th

CBS - Drafted 14th

Bleacher Report - Not drafted in round 1

NBC Sports Mock - Drafted 21st

Todd McShay Mock 1.0 - Drafted 19th

I think there is a 70-80% chance he is taken before our pick

A pure guess on my part

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

You’re confusing him with Dexter Lawrence. Wilkins was not busted for PEDs.

Ugh! You're right, thank you

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 1:34 PM, BProland85 said:

In my opinion, this player fits what Ballard wants in a cornerstone player for this franchise. Not only can Wilkins play the penetrating DT position for the Colts, he can also occasionally play goal line RB/FB. Watch highlights of him in this video to see examples. Oh, and he's also a very good leader. I'd love having him on this team! Walterfootball compares him to Fletcher Cox, which is very generous, but Wilkins definitely has talent. 

Hate to say it again but won’t be there at 26

38 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Hate to say it again but won’t be there at 26

I wouldn’t guarantee that yet. Their DL was loaded with talent around him and other guys could get taken before him. 

I'm just gonna hope and keep my fingers crossed that Jeffery Simmions will be available when we pick. I dont think it will happen but I can hope haha

On 1/12/2019 at 12:34 PM, MikeCurtis said:

He is one of 4-5 UTs that MAY be available, that I agree, would improve our current defense

Here are the guys I thought might fit that bill, at least until the Colts started moving down the draft order.

Ed Oliver (probably long gone by 25-26)

Jeffery Simmons

Raekwon Davis (returning to Alabama)

Christian Wilkins

Dre'Mont Jones

Gerald Willis may be another guy to consider at some point?

EVERY

2 hours ago, DarkHorseColts said:

Here are the guys I thought might fit that bill, at least until the Colts started moving down the draft order.

Jeffery Simmons

Christian Wilkins

Dre'Mont Jones

Willis and Jones may be available with pick #2

The others are LOOOONNNNGGGG gone, or unless compromising pictures or videos show up :(

I could see

Pick 1  Round 1 DE

Pick 2  Round 2 DT

Pick 3  Round 2 WR

Pick 4 Round 3 LB or development OT

Pick 5 Round 4 CB or LB

Pick 6 Round 4 LB or CB

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DarkHorseColts said:

Jeffery Simmons

Christian Wilkins

Dre'Mont Jones

I follow hs recruiting pretty closely and am a huge Canes fan. Simmons and Willis both had terrific years but have had off field issues in the past that might cause them to drop in the draft. 

Simmons was a HS AA & had a Joe Mixon type incident HS (check out 28 sec mark of video below) . Mullen & Miss st allowed him to enroll. He is a stud on the field but might drop in draft once his story hits the mainstream media

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:39 PM, DarkHorseColts said:

Jeffery Simmons

Christian Wilkins

Dre'Mont Jones

The knock on Jones is that he’s not good against the run and size.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/13/the-dichotomy-of-dremont-jones/

The knock on Willis is off the field issues and pad level.

The guy who might be in our range and fits what Ballard wants is Wilkins. He’s got size, high character, and is good against the run and the pass. I’m hoping he falls to 26. He answered any questions I had against him in the Championship game. He was dominant without Dexter Lawrence.

Another guy the Colts should consider is Derrick Brown. He’s 6’4” and 315 pounds. He can play the nose but he’s got pass rushing upside that makes him a movable piece after some development. He should be available in the 2nd round. You get him and Wilkins on the same line, and that’s hard to stop.

• Like 1

Wilkins is a great prospect and seems to fit the profile of what the Colts want.

It's hard to say where a lot of these guys will go including Wilkins but that should become a little more clear as time goes on.

Another guy to keep your eye on, who is rarely mention, is Charles Omenihu. I think we will hear his name more and more once the draft process gets going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Another guy the Colts should consider is Derrick Brown. He’s 6’4” and 315 pounds. He can play the nose but he’s got pass rushing upside that makes him a movable piece after some development. He should be available in the 2nd round. You get him and Wilkins on the same line, and that’s hard to stop.

I liked Brown as a potential Colt too, but he's going back to Auburn for his senior year.

3 hours ago, DarkHorseColts said:

I liked Brown as a potential Colt too, but he's going back to Auburn for his senior year.

Dang, that’s a bummer. He’ll likely be a 1st rounder next year though. The once deep defensive line class has lost Brown, Raekwon Davis, and Rashard Lawrence. There’s still talent but I see 4  1st round DTs and after that there’s guys Tillery, Jones, and Omenihu in the next tier but the talent really drops after that.

47 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Dang, that’s a bummer. He’ll likely be a 1st rounder next year though. The once deep defensive line class has lost Brown, Raekwon Davis, and Rashard Lawrence. There’s still talent but I see 4  1st round DTs and after that there’s guys Tillery, Jones, and Omenihu in the next tier but the talent really drops after that.

Assuming what you say here is true,  to me,  that's all the more reason to go DL and DL with 26 and 34.    It's still a top DL class...   get a tackle and an end and you've upgraded the most important area on defense...

And I think that makes our first offensive pick at 58 all the more likely....

Just some food for thought....