Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Media using their hearts or their heads

Restinpeacesweetchloe

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With a lot of media taking the colts against KC do they really think the colts can win or are they rooting for them because of the story. Are they thinking with their hearts or their heads. Just a bad feeling this is going to come crashing to a end tomorrow.

This is more of your own feelings and opinion.  There's are not made invalid or silly just because you're full of unjustified skepticism.

The narrative seems to be the Colts are playing great football right now while the Chiefs are not the same team without Hunt and struggled down the stretch.  I think that’s why people are taking the Colts.  I also think that will do more to provide buliten board material for the Chiefs than Irsay’s tweet will.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for this game to kick off. Talk is cheap, lets PLAY!

Agreed. This has probably been the slowest week ever. I'm tired of the blowout talk, I'm tired of the easy schedule arguments, and I'm definitely tired of the delusion I keep seeing over at Chiefs forums. Let's get this game underway and see who's truly better.

• Like 7

Just now, ManningGM said:

Agreed. This has probably been the slowest week ever. I'm tired of the Mahomes talk, I'm tired of the easy schedule arguments, and I'm definitely tired of the delusion I keep seeing over at Chiefs forums. Let's get this game underway and see who's truly better.

exactly!!

I just think we have a Colts D that's been better than expected, but relatively untested lately, against a prolific quarterback who hasn't played in a playoff game. 

We have a #1 seed at home, playing for one of the loudest crowds in the NFL, but that's lost its last 6 home playoff games.  I don't think anybody has a freaking clue how the game is going to go.  

• Like 2

Whatever is said.....by anyone touting either side of hope, will have zero effect on what happens. Only you can control your own joy/disappointment. 

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, nothing will come crashing down in my world. I'll just grab a beer and watch some posters jump off the emotional edge. Or.....we'll win and another thread will be started about how many SB's Luck could win. 

Some fans just have to live on the far edge of emotion. For some, tomorrow's result will decide whether the Colts are the best thing since sliced bread, or trash that Ballard built. 

I am a fan to watch football games. Each one is a great contest. Winning is just a bonus. Tomorrow I get to watch the Colts one more game. What a treasure....

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Whatever is said.....by anyone touting either side of hope, will have zero effect on what happens. Only you can control your own joy/disappointment. 

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, nothing will come crashing down in my world. I'll just grab a beer and watch some posters jump off the emotional edge. Or.....we'll win and another thread will be started about how many SB's Luck could win. 

Some fans just have to live on the far edge of emotion. For some, tomorrow's result will decide whether the Colts are the best thing since sliced bread, or trash that Ballard built. 

I am a fan to watch football games. Each one is a great contest. Winning is just a bonus. Tomorrow I get to watch the Colts one more game. What a treasure....

Amen,

ive always said if your football team is the worst thing in your life you are a very lucky person.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far it's more like 50/50 on picks. I was watching ESPN earlier and Golic did take the Colts but Wingo took the Chiefs. Bruschi actually took the Colts but Woodson took the Chiefs. I just think Bruschi wants to see Pats/Colts in my honest opinion because of course he picked the Pats too.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/viewersguide-div/nfl-divisional-round-playoff-game-guide-score-predictions-key-matchups-stats-know-betting-nuggets-more-2018

wells picked against the Colts, shocker!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

With a lot of media taking the colts against KC do they really think the colts can win or are they rooting for them because of the story. Are they thinking with their hearts or their heads. Just a bad feeling this is going to come crashing to a end tomorrow.

I think some actually think the Colts can win, but most are going with the "sexy" pick in the Colts. 

I'm at about 55/45 the Chiefs will win it.   Mostly because they are at home and coming off a bye.   Otherwise it's pretty even. 

This doesn't belong in this thread, but if you feel nostalgic:

image.thumb.png.a84509aff7acc7dab1d55913416f0893.png

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah so did Adam Teicher. There are alot of people taking KC actually. Suzy Kolber picked KC as well. That is 5 people I named already. There are people picking the Colts but many are rolling with the Chiefs like Wells as you mentioned.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The media is using whatever angle gets them the most attention, whether it's ratings/clicks/retweets, whatever.

For some it's touting how great this Chiefs team is because that's been the vogue thing to do with the season the Chiefs had and the stats Mahomes put up this year.

For others it's taking the underdog to seem like they're an "insider" that knows more than the rest of us.

It is what it is.  It could be a blowout in either direction, but more likely it will be a close game that comes down to the final possession.  The Colts won by 14 last week, and that was the largest margin of victory in the playoffs so far.  Don't believe the hype either way and just enjoy the game!  :thmup:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah so did Adam Teicher. There are alot of people taking KC actually. Suzy Kolber picked KC as well. That is 5 people I named already. There are people picking the Colts but many are rolling with the Chiefs like Wells as you mentioned.

Wells also picked the Texans, last week!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah at least we have are our “Homers” in Dungy and Reggie to pick the Colts lol

33 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Wells also picked the Texans, last week!

Wells never picks the Colts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah at least we have are our “Homers” in Dungy and Reggie to pick the Colts lol

Wells never picks the Colts.

Oh yeah, glad we have Reggie on the NFL Network for some Colts love. Of course Elliot Harrison is taking the Chiefs one of the biggest talking heads on that network. He did rank us 32nd before the season so what does he know lmao 

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Burn some candles, have some comfort food, trust thy running game, believe in your coaches, your players.
Of course any given Sunday, but Trust Cap'n Luck. Are you with them?  :applause:
 Rally to the :fb:, and to the sound of the :violin:(could we add a trumpet here please)

1-0      :strong:  :rawr:  :td:

• Like 1

You have to play the game. what the pundits think does not really matter. Colts are playing great  and most definitely can win this game. Colts are playing with house money. chiefs have the pressure on them. Luck has playoff experience - Mahomes does not although he has the makings of being a great QB. Colt offensive line can open up holes for Mack and company and Luck can shred  Chief's secondary, particularly with an offensive line that provided Luck with great protection all season. Colt defense is aggressive and  can force mistakes. Colts need to avoid turnovers, big plays and no dumb penalties. 

Look, this time of year being hot is very important. We are red hot and peaking at the exact right moment, KC peaked early and is a glass cannon style roster. Those usually don't do so well in the playoffs. I'm not saying we are gonna blow them out or that it's a sure thing but it's not crazy to think we can pull this off, plus KC in the playoffs lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

National media roots for the story....You are right.

Its going to come crashing down for one team.

It'll be an especially  tough loss for either side:Cry: