Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stitches

Bryce Love tore his ACL

WOW! A disastrous ending to a disastrous season for Bryce Love. This is why he should have left last year:

Outside of adding some type of R Kelly scandal, you couldnt plan a worse year for him. 

Ouch..... Was once seen as first round talent and now may fall too late day 2 or day. Someone is going to get him at a good value. Wouldn't mind him but I'm not sure who would be the odd man out at that point.

Why a RB would return to school when they have a chance to be taken fairly high in the draft is beyond me.

19 hours ago, BOTT said:

Why a RB would return to school when they have a chance to be taken fairly high in the draft is beyond me.

I'm sure its because this past year he would have gone in the 2nd when he thought he could have gone in the first this year. Im not sure what the price difference is between a mid first round and a 2nd round but I guarantee its more than I make in a year.

1 hour ago, twfish said:

I'm sure its because this past year he would have gone in the 2nd when he thought he could have gone in the first this year. Im not sure what the price difference is between a mid first round and a 2nd round but I guarantee its more than I make in a year.

There are two different arguments that go against eachother - the "if i go higher I will get more money" argument and the "if I go earlier I will have less wear on the tires and will hit free agency earlier(more money on the back end)" argument. The first one also completely disregards the chance that you might not improve your draft stock and you are risking a ton for a position that gets banged up A TON and FREQUENTLY. 

IMO if you are day 2 prospect or higher you should always go the earliest you can but it is especially true for the RB position because all of the downsides of staying in school for an extra year are magnified because of the nature of the position. 

What do you guys think of David Montgomery of Iowa State and Josh Jacobs of Alabama? Those are Day 2 backs that I love. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What do you guys think of David Montgomery of Iowa State and Josh Jacobs of Alabama? Those are Day 2 backs that I love. 

I haven't studied Jacobs but the little I've casually seen of him I love him. I think he was the best Alabama RB by a huge margin. I would take him over both Harris'es pretty easily. He seems like he's great in the pass game too and he seems to have great contact balance and short area quickness. 

Montgomery is a bit different in that he doesn't seem to be elite athlete, but I do like him a ton. He too has great contact balance, good vision and strength. He's one of the best backs breaking tackles if I remember correctly. He was running behind a bad O-Line so don't look too much at his raw numbers.  

I like them both. I don't want to spend a pick on a RB in the first two rounds, but I can get talked into it if one of them drops to the 3d round(I doubt it for Jacobs, but it could happen for Montgomery). 

44 minutes ago, stitches said:

There are two different arguments that go against eachother - the "if i go higher I will get more money" argument and the "if I go earlier I will have less wear on the tires and will hit free agency earlier(more money on the back end)" argument. The first one also completely disregards the chance that you might not improve your draft stock and you are risking a ton for a position that gets banged up A TON and FREQUENTLY. 

IMO if you are day 2 prospect or higher you should always go the earliest you can but it is especially true for the RB position because all of the downsides of staying in school for an extra year are magnified because of the nature of the position. 

I would say it's true for the RB position.

I think if you are a QB and you have a good chance of improving to a first round pick you should do that.  

Love might drop to the 4th or 5th at this point.  He was a day 2 prospect before, now you are looking at basically having to redshirt him a year when he gets to the NFL.  

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:39 PM, twfish said:

Ouch..... Was once seen as first round talent and now may fall too late day 2 or day. Someone is going to get him at a good value. Wouldn't mind him but I'm not sure who would be the odd man out at that point.

He's not much different than Mack faster maybe more power than Mack..

On 1/13/2019 at 3:23 PM, BOTT said:

Yeah Idk maybe because he want to finish his degree and get an education first

2 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Yeah Idk maybe because he want to finish his degree and get an education first

Dumb decision.  Plenty of time to finish his degree.  I have heard that NFL players get a substantial break after the season.