Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's tweet for tomorrow's game

Devildog

4 hours ago, deadman said:

I'm not saying he isn't correct. I'm just not sure why he needed to tweet it.

I agree. Hate it when the owner keeps it simple for the folks that don't know football. Thanks Jim, let's get FIRED UP! No matter the weather, our :coltslogo: are gonna be Ornery in the trenches.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, onebad150 said:

He needs to be sharing that bankroll with scouts and people who evaluate/pick talent who help Ballard Todd make great decisions. It would not hurt to reward coaching staff too. Then maybe we can keep everyone intact for awhile

Jim is not known to be stingy with anyone of his people around him. He is one of the top owners in the league when it comes to the percentage made off the team going right back to the team. That includes the front office right down the line to the ball boys. (well some of them are not boys anymore)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have a feeling the Chiefs are more nervous about this game than the Colts are.

(at least their fans anyway)

Heard a radio guy from KC today say the Colts are to the chiefs what the Pats are to the Colts, the road block that breaks their heart in the playoffs.  He also pointed out how due to all the heart break KC has had in the playoffs that as soon as something goes wrong the fans get nervous and get taken out of the game.  Hopefully the Colts can force a big mistake early.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ya think? 

Jim's just excited for his team. He should be, they been playing very good. He does have a point with our running game and the Chiefs poor run defense. Why someone would have an issue with Jim is beyond me. :dunno:

It is true that this team is playing well im cautiously optimistic myself about tomorrow but I don't have any issues with what Irsay said every owner is confident in his team in some capacity but win or lose good season.

6 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Oh man... if I was the owner of the Colts...

I already spend too much time spouting off on these forums...

A super-biased homer with too much money and too much free time?  I would be intolerable as the owner!  haha

This. I'd be talking trash weekly and calling out other owners Twitter's and making stupid bets for charity lol.

Side comment this is already done in other sports lol.  I'm a big follower of esports and their owners talk trash all the time. Of course their owners are much younger and more tech savvy but it's hilarious.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

"I want Robert Kraft!  Come step into this ring Bobby Boy!  Oh YEAH!!!"

52b32df60011a14c519daa09330c390d.gif

I wanna see a Tag-Team Title bout between the Colts and Pats.

On one side:  Irsay, Ballard, Reich, and Luck

On the other:  Kraft, Belichick, Brady, and to make it fair, they can have Gronk on their team.  :D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Vexed said:

I wish people would quit bashing Jimmy. All he’s done since taking over this team is win. All billionaires are eccentric, but Jim is an interesting eccentric at least. Gotta love a guy with a guitar collection like his.

Yeah I rewatched the from Elway to Marino 30 for 30 last night.  Anyone want his dad back instead?  Didn’t think so.

53 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I wanna see a Tag-Team Title bout between the Colts and Pats.

On one side:  Irsay, Ballard, Reich, and Luck

On the other:  Kraft, Belichick, Brady, and to make it fair, they can have Gronk on their team.  :D

How can you have this match and not have Josh McDaniels involved? Grok can take a seat.  Gotta give Ballard his 5 minutes with that weasel.  No disqualification.   Lol. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

How can you have this match and not have Josh McDaniels involved? Grok can take a seat.  Gotta give Ballard his 5 minutes with that weasel.  No disqualification.   Lol. 

Thank you.  How could I forget McD.  That was a brainfart on my part.

Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to delete him from my brain...  haha

They can keep Gronk, but we get to add BigQ!  :thmup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

No, Mr. Irsay.

Our team played like a Dome team in the elements. And our QB looked and played like frozen Bambi in headlights, which was most disappointing of all.

Haha you could see it.  My wife was watching when they were down I think 14-0 early and they showed Luck sitting on the bench.

Her comment to me was....."he looks stunned".

Really didn't see a lot of emotion, or really anything from him yesterday.

Very odd.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Haha you could see it.  My wife was watching when they were down I think 14-0 early and they showed Luck sitting on the bench.

Very odd.

I said the same thing to my wife. I was wondering if he had the flu or something.

18 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Very odd.

I didn't like his expression even before game started. And Simms, Florio's partner,  said Mahomes was throwing and handling the weather much better than Luck in pregame warmups.

And props to Mahomes. A QB with just a fraction of experience compared to Luck, completely out threw him and showed much more command and composure in this big game than Luck did.

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I didn't like his expression even before game started. And Simms, Florio's partner,  said Mahomes was throwing and handling the weather much better than Luck in pregame warmups.

And props to Mahomes. A QB with just a fraction of experience compared to Luck, completely out threw him and showed much more command and composure in this big game than Luck did.

I heard that from a guy on twitter too.

Luck looked.....stoned for lack of a better word.  Maybe he was sick.

8 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I heard that from a guy on twitter too.

Luck looked.....stoned for lack of a better word.  Maybe he was sick.

It was something, have no idea what tho.... I don't know if it was physical or mental or what. Maybe his shoulder is weak in cold weather? I don't recall him zipping in any passes. If he did it was very few. Or maybe the moment of a Big Game was too big for him? It shouldn't have, he's had playoff wins before, in fact just 7 days prior.

It's just Disappointing our leader who you want to carry his team on his back like Unitas, Jones, Peyton puts in a klunker at a time like this.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It was something, have no idea what tho.... I don't know if it was physical or mental or what. Maybe his shoulder is weak in cold weather? I don't recall him zipping in any passes. If he did it was very few. Or maybe the moment of a Big Game was too big for him? It shouldn't have, he's had playoff wins before, in fact just 7 days prior.

It's just Disappointing our leader who you want to carry his team on his back like Unitas, Jones, Peyton puts in a klunker at a time like this.

IMO he simply just had a bad game, it happens to a lot of QB's in Divisional Round games on the road. Luck has only had 2 bad games over the last 2 months, the other being at Jacks.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I started to notice the passive attitude and fall off in his play the last few weeks of he season, and much more so the second half of last weeks game and then this game.  For example there were 4 passes he could have made last week that if he does, the game is a blowout.

Yesterday he was short on everything.  No zip at all.  And how many were batted down.  Obviously that is something teams are noticing and starting to do more and more.  He literally shrinks (crouches) in the pocket as of late and the result is a batted ball.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I started to notice the passive attitude and fall off in his play the last few weeks of he season

Huh, that's weird.

I noticed the opposite in the final game of the season.

He had one ill-advised pass in Tennessee, but otherwise looked unstoppable, and gave a fiery halftime speech to motivate his team for the 2nd half.  :thinking:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

No, Mr. Irsay.

Our team played like a Dome team in the elements. And our QB looked and played like frozen Bambi in headlights, which was most disappointing of all.

I think the tweets are harmless, but a bit silly. Feed the Monster, The Shoe, Roof is open, 1-0. The kitsch of Twitter. 

47 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I think the tweets are harmless, but a bit silly. Feed the Monster, The Shoe, Roof is open, 1-0. The kitsch of Twitter. 

Of course his tweets are harmless. And his veiw about us playing well in bad weather were a popular belief to many. What was Disappointing were the strategy and gameplanning of our coaches and the horrible play of our offense, especially our qb.

43 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Of course his tweets are harmless. And his veiw about us playing well in bad weather were a popular belief to many. What was Disappointing were the strategy and gameplanning of our coaches and the horrible play of our offense, especially our qb.

After watching the Chargers get pummeled by the Patriots , I think Ravens fans can join you guys in being outcoached. Our team looked foolish on offense. No adjustments. I feel your pain. 

• Like 1