Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's tweet for tomorrow's game

Devildog

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s just saying the Colts will be ready tomorrow regardless of the weather, how many here have said the samething this week?

Well..not really.  He's saying that they feel poor weather is better for the Colts than it is for the Chiefs.

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ya think? 

Jim's just excited for his team. He should be, they been playing very good. He does have a point with our running game and the Chiefs poor run defense. Why someone would have an issue with Jim is beyond me. :dunno:

The tweet puts unnecessary pressure on the team to win and it's a brutally tough game already. I get being excited, but this game is far from a given. I was confident in the Texans game, I'm about 55/45 Chiefs here. We have to play perfect.

40 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

What position does he play?

39 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Cheerleader haha 

The thought of him wearing a cheerleader outfit and holding those pompoms while throwing one leg up in the air made me throw up in my mouth, lol.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The tweet puts unnecessary pressure on the team to win and it's a brutally tough game already. I get being excited, but this game is far from a given. I was confident in the Texans game, I'm about 55/45 Chiefs here. We have to play perfect.

I don't think Jim tweet effects the team at all. 

They are playing with house money now and having fun.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The tweet puts zero pressure on the Colts to win.  The only thing it might do is cause some amount of embarrassment for Irsay if the conditions are poor and the Colts lose, and even that is questionable. 

• Like 1

With us being an indoor team, it's counterintuitive, but yes, it should favor us.  This isn't the 2004 Colts.  In fact, you could argue we're playing the 2018 version of the 2004 Colts.

Frank played in Buffalo.  He knows what to do.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, J@son said:

Well..not really.  He's saying that they feel poor weather is better for the Colts than it is for the Chiefs.

No people are taking it to mean that.  He doesn’t say one word about the Chiefs, he just says the Colts will fired up and happy with the weather if it’s sloppy.  It just means he feels his team is ready for the conditions, again how many here have said the exact samething this week?  The being fired and up and ready for the wether has nothing to do with the Chiefs.  They could also be ready for it and tomorrow could be a great game.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You really think a tweet and will create more pressure than knowing if they lose their season is over and if they win they are one game away from going to the Super Bowl?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You really think a tweet and will create more pressure than knowing if they lose their season is over and if they win they are one game away from going to the Super Bowl?

I think it's a form of trash talking that will fire up the Chiefs some. I trash-talk myself, but if I lose, I'm the only one that looks bad. If we lose, then not only does Irsay look bad, but it paints the team in a poor light because Irsay was talking trash for them and they didn't back it up. Not in favor of it really. Irsay is starting to get cocky, and that's when you lose.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ya... I'm sure players will be dropping passes and missing blocks because they just can't stop thinking about this tweet...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deadman said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this tweet, Jim. I'm confident too but... 

It means they, kc, will have to run more and we can stop that better than we can their pass. Plus we have a great run game  matchup, which is perfect for cold, snowy, windy weather.

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No people are taking it to mean that.  He doesn’t say one word about the Chiefs, he just says the Colts will fired up and happy with the weather if it’s sloppy.  It just means he feels his team is ready for the conditions, again how many here have said the exact samething this week?  The being fired and up and ready for the wether has nothing to do with the Chiefs.  They could also be ready for it and tomorrow could be a great game.  

I disagree.  He specifically says the team will be "happier" with poorer conditions. Why would the team actually be "happier" about poor conditions unless they feel that poor weather conditions give them an edge in the game?  And when you compare the Chiefs offense vs the Colts it's very clear that poor weather conditions favor the Colts.  The Chiefs are a pass-happy offense driven on big plays in the passing game.  The Colts are one of the most balanced teams in the playfoffs and they've shown a far superior ability to run the ball compared to KC.  That means that poor weather conditions favors the Colts.  

• Like 2