Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Narcosys

Ryan Grant ruled out for KC

Recommended Posts

That would seem the most sensible plan to me.

 

Dare I say it’s not exactly a big miss, in fact I’d like to see Fountain get on the field so we can at least evaluate. We’ve seen enough Grant and he’s for whatever reason not fired in this offense. 

 

FA next year, I don’t expect him back.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

That would seem the most sensible plan to me.

 

Dare I say it’s not exactly a big miss, in fact I’d like to see Fountain get on the field so we can at least evaluate. We’ve seen enough Grant and he’s for whatever reason not fired in this offense. 

 

FA next year, I don’t expect him back.

 

 

Fair, but if he has been starting over Fountain, then what does that say about Fountain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Fair, but if he has been starting over Fountain, then what does that say about Fountain?

 

A very fair point too, but you have to feel somewhat confident the dropoff couldn’t be too big. I mean the difference between 0.1 and 0 isn’t huge haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

A very fair point too, but you have to feel somewhat confident the dropoff couldn’t be too big. I mean the difference between 0.1 and 0 isn’t huge haha

So in this game, would you rather see more Fountain or more two TE sets?  Since the weather has turned, I expect more TE sets to aid in blocking because you know were running it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Narcosys said:

So in this game, would you rather see more Fountain or more two TE sets?  Since the weather has turned, I expect more TE sets to aid in blocking because you know were running it.

 

Ahh a different proposition, you’d figure on more 2TE sets with Hewitt in with Enron, Hilton and Pascal at WR I’d guess. Pascal is for me our best blocking WR and obviously you’re not taking TY out. Besides it also leaves the threat of P/A shots.

 

As great as we’ve been on O, I do wonder if we’d have been even better with Doyle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

Ahh a different proposition, you’d figure on more 2TE sets with Hewitt in with Enron, Hilton and Pascal at WR I’d guess. Pascal is for me our best blocking WR and obviously you’re not taking TY out. Besides it also leaves the threat of P/A shots.

 

As great as we’ve been on O, I do wonder if we’d have been even better with Doyle. 

Hewitt over Cox, who has the size advantage?  Although, to be honest I haven't seen Cox much in pass blocking, either by lack of use or my lack of observation I couldn't tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Narcosys said:

Hewitt over Cox who has the size advantage?  Although, to be honest I haven't seen Cox much in pass blocking, either by lack of use or my lack of observation I couldn't tell you.

 

To be fair I wouldn’t say that I can judge his blocking either, was more thinking Hewitt in almost declares we’re running the ball, but with Ebron/TY/Mack/Pascal I think we still have the ability to hit them with the pass, especially off P/A. 

 

Ive not looked this season, but historically Luck has been very good off P/A, to the point I couldn’t understand why we didn’t use it more during previous schemes. I guess because teams didn’t respect our running game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Neither one of you it seems actually watch the games based on your observations. Go Colts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Interesting. Neither one of you it seems actually watch the games based on your observations. Go Colts!

 

Would you care to expand? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

To be fair I wouldn’t say that I can judge his blocking either, was more thinking Hewitt in almost declares we’re running the ball, but with Ebron/TY/Mack/Pascal I think we still have the ability to hit them with the pass, especially off P/A. 

 

Ive not looked this season, but historically Luck has been very good off P/A, to the point I couldn’t understand why we didn’t use it more during previous schemes. I guess because teams didn’t respect our running game.

Ya, so if Cox can run block then we can still disguise it. I know, cause I just watched highlights, that Cox was in on Mack's TD run on the left side. He could have used a little better vision as far as extra defenders coming up, but he got the push with Castanzo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dontrelle Inman has been what we hoped Ryan Grant would be.

 

I feel a "good luck with your future endeavours" coming for Grant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaveA1102 said:

Dontrelle Inman has been what we hoped Ryan Grant would be.

 

I feel a "good luck with your future endeavours" coming for Grant.

 

Pretty much, you’d hope the market next season for Inman isn’t too competitive, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

So far he is the only one, unfortunately he is a starting WR. So who will we have replace him? I know we have TY, Pascal, Inman, and Rogers, but we still want to roster five for this game. So do we bring up Fountain and see what he can do or run more two TE sets?

 

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2019/01/10/colts-injury-update-ryan-grant-ruled-kc/

 

Fountain has been on the 53 for a few weeks and was active in the Wild Card game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

 

Fountain has been on the 53 for a few weeks and was active in the Wild Card game.

Ah, I didn't read that. I know he was up and down the past few weeks, but didn't see him elevated for the WC game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

That would seem the most sensible plan to me.

 

Dare I say it’s not exactly a big miss, in fact I’d like to see Fountain get on the field so we can at least evaluate. We’ve seen enough Grant and he’s for whatever reason not fired in this offense. 

 

FA next year, I don’t expect him back.

 

 

Grant was not available last week either, Glad to see someone besides me thinking that is no big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

That would seem the most sensible plan to me.

 

Dare I say it’s not exactly a big miss, in fact I’d like to see Fountain get on the field so we can at least evaluate. We’ve seen enough Grant and he’s for whatever reason not fired in this offense. 

 

FA next year, I don’t expect him back.

 

 

 

Using the word miss with Fountain right now is just a touch premature.  As in way premature.

 

I think the coaches have done enough evaluation to at least have him on the 53 and be active last week.

 

Grant will clearly not be on the roster in 2019.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

 

Using the word miss with Fountain right now is just a touch premature.  As in way premature.

 

I think the coaches have done enough evaluation to at least have him on the 53 and be active last week.

 

Grant will clearly not be on the roster in 2019.

He meant Grant won't be missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

 

Using the word miss with Fountain right now is just a touch premature.  As in way premature.

 

I think the coaches have done enough evaluation to at least have him on the 53 and be active last week.

 

Grant will clearly not be on the roster in 2019.

 

Sorry to be clearer I meant give us as fans a chance to see what he can do. I’m sure the coaches have as you say been evaluating him all the way through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • that guy is too short, has no wheels, and has to take a time out after every 6 attempts. will never make it.. nice jugs though
    • The facts.. a hung jury (twice) mistrial with most voters having sided for the alleged accuser/victim... both times.     She (prosecution) didn't drop the charges, the school (judge/jury) did.  She wanted round 3.  She wanted a full yes or no vote (4-1 or 5-0) either way, not we're split 3-2 so we'll just call it against the majority vote and designate as "Not Responsible" because it isn't 4 or more votes either way. - 'Case closed'.     There were questions (and other items) from the accuser that were never allowed in or asked in follow up questioning.  I think one of the changes to the Stanford Title IX hearing rules is to also allow an attorney to be not only in attendance but to also perform all duties of representation.  And an outside group determines what is admissible as questions/evidence, follow questions, etc...     At some level, it did, and many things at Stanford were changed after. At the  minimum, it was a mistrial x2, with no conclusive verdict either way. Then school (not prosecution) drops the case.   So she really needed to report this to both the school, and also the Police.  But with what evidence does she have to convince the LEO?  Guess the gals need some hidden body cam w/audio these days, like many folks do with dash cams (like me and my wife's cars...) and be their own TMZ...   Video, apparently the only way things get rectified anymore...     No worries, at least we know each others positions.  All is good.     Except to have (at some level) differing story from a another high achieving Stanford student about another high achieving Stanford student-   https://www.collegesimply.com/colleges/california/stanford-university/admission/     We don't even know for certain they ever got the FULL story, but articles I've read suggest that the Stanford Panel repressed/disallowed many/most of her interrogating questions and supplemental follow up inquiries to be asked of the accused.  Unless someone directly asks her directly, how could you answer as to whether her whole story was even heard or not?   If you are not truly interested to fully know those answers, then you don't ask.  At least, that's my perspective.  
    • you and me both. the period between basketball and football sucks (base) balls. the only thing i'm enjoying now is the women's WC.   i'm still leaning towards thinking we'll keep 6 WRs this season given all the puts and takes. DF it TE-lite, Cain coming back from injury, PC a rook, TY coming off being banged up, Fountain improving, Roger's reliability and cross training..... and sheet might happen like Cain being pup'd and I think Fountain can spend another year on the PS.
    • and very hard to watch the D for all those games without him.... truly epic player with truly epic injury issues...   i know all teams go through injuries, but seems like we've been especially cursed with Sanders, Manning, and Luck. That's 3 of my five favorite Colts lol.
    • Ugh Hendricks sent to the IL, prospect Adbert Alzolay might be called up. Currently down 1-0 in the 7th. 
  • Members

    • Irish YJ

      Irish YJ 693

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsBlueFL

      ColtsBlueFL 5,374

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jcrane

      Jcrane 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • twfish

      twfish 1,513

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 8,421

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BleedBlu8792

      BleedBlu8792 1,257

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 100

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Buck Showalter

      Buck Showalter 3,795

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HOZER

      HOZER 3,093

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MFT5

      MFT5 375

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...