Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grant ruled out for KC

Narcosys

That would seem the most sensible plan to me.

Dare I say it’s not exactly a big miss, in fact I’d like to see Fountain get on the field so we can at least evaluate. We’ve seen enough Grant and he’s for whatever reason not fired in this offense. 

FA next year, I don’t expect him back.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Dare I say it’s not exactly a big miss, in fact I’d like to see Fountain get on the field so we can at least evaluate. We’ve seen enough Grant and he’s for whatever reason not fired in this offense. 

Fair, but if he has been starting over Fountain, then what does that say about Fountain?

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

A very fair point too, but you have to feel somewhat confident the dropoff couldn’t be too big. I mean the difference between 0.1 and 0 isn’t huge haha

So in this game, would you rather see more Fountain or more two TE sets?  Since the weather has turned, I expect more TE sets to aid in blocking because you know were running it.

Just now, Narcosys said:

So in this game, would you rather see more Fountain or more two TE sets?  Since the weather has turned, I expect more TE sets to aid in blocking because you know were running it.

Ahh a different proposition, you’d figure on more 2TE sets with Hewitt in with Enron, Hilton and Pascal at WR I’d guess. Pascal is for me our best blocking WR and obviously you’re not taking TY out. Besides it also leaves the threat of P/A shots.

As great as we’ve been on O, I do wonder if we’d have been even better with Doyle. 

6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Ahh a different proposition, you’d figure on more 2TE sets with Hewitt in with Enron, Hilton and Pascal at WR I’d guess. Pascal is for me our best blocking WR and obviously you’re not taking TY out. Besides it also leaves the threat of P/A shots.

As great as we’ve been on O, I do wonder if we’d have been even better with Doyle. 

Hewitt over Cox, who has the size advantage?  Although, to be honest I haven't seen Cox much in pass blocking, either by lack of use or my lack of observation I couldn't tell you.

Just now, Narcosys said:

Hewitt over Cox who has the size advantage?  Although, to be honest I haven't seen Cox much in pass blocking, either by lack of use or my lack of observation I couldn't tell you.

To be fair I wouldn’t say that I can judge his blocking either, was more thinking Hewitt in almost declares we’re running the ball, but with Ebron/TY/Mack/Pascal I think we still have the ability to hit them with the pass, especially off P/A. 

Ive not looked this season, but historically Luck has been very good off P/A, to the point I couldn’t understand why we didn’t use it more during previous schemes. I guess because teams didn’t respect our running game.

10 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

To be fair I wouldn’t say that I can judge his blocking either, was more thinking Hewitt in almost declares we’re running the ball, but with Ebron/TY/Mack/Pascal I think we still have the ability to hit them with the pass, especially off P/A. 

Ive not looked this season, but historically Luck has been very good off P/A, to the point I couldn’t understand why we didn’t use it more during previous schemes. I guess because teams didn’t respect our running game.

Ya, so if Cox can run block then we can still disguise it. I know, cause I just watched highlights, that Cox was in on Mack's TD run on the left side. He could have used a little better vision as far as extra defenders coming up, but he got the push with Castanzo.

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

So far he is the only one, unfortunately he is a starting WR. So who will we have replace him? I know we have TY, Pascal, Inman, and Rogers, but we still want to roster five for this game. So do we bring up Fountain and see what he can do or run more two TE sets?

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2019/01/10/colts-injury-update-ryan-grant-ruled-kc/

Fountain has been on the 53 for a few weeks and was active in the Wild Card game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Grant was not available last week either, Glad to see someone besides me thinking that is no big deal.

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Using the word miss with Fountain right now is just a touch premature.  As in way premature.

I think the coaches have done enough evaluation to at least have him on the 53 and be active last week.

Grant will clearly not be on the roster in 2019.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Using the word miss with Fountain right now is just a touch premature.  As in way premature.

I think the coaches have done enough evaluation to at least have him on the 53 and be active last week.

He meant Grant won't be missed.

13 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Sorry to be clearer I meant give us as fans a chance to see what he can do. I’m sure the coaches have as you say been evaluating him all the way through.