Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Chiefs 2019 Divisional Round Playoff Score Predictions

chad72

What is a week without score predictions? Let us do one anyways. 

I am thinking we force the Chiefs to kick more FGs than they want to. The weather also helps us to slow down their passing offense.

Colts 30 Chiefs 27 if Malik Hooker plays

Colts 38 Chiefs 34 if Malik Hooker does not play

• Like 1

Matt Eberflus' D has allowed just 1.4 red zone scores per game (tied-second fewest league wide) and have allowed just 4 receptions of 40+ yards all season. That plus the weather might put the damper on the over/under of 57.

Plus, since 2002, quarterbacks getting their first playoff start of their careers are 7-13 straight up, and 4-16 against the spread. This means that Indy is going to beat the spread of 6.5 points most likely, just hope it is on the right side of it. :) 

• Like 1

Pure defensive showdown.

Colts 7-2.  Chiefs get a safety when Colts open the game on a trick play.  Colts then follow it up by getting their first defensive TD of the year when Hunt tips a pass to himself.  Brissett suffers a neck stinger during the celebration.  The next 56 minutes are filled with 3 and outs.  :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devildog said:

Some of the predictions on the Arrowhead website...

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/1/10/18176277/chiefs-vs-colts-game-and-score-predictions

Some of those are funny. I don’t know why they are so sure they will be able to sack luck. If we stay balanced between the run and pass they will have a hard time sacking him. Has anyone seen how we have been using six oline men on offense.

• Like 1

They haven't had a game where they haven't scored at least 26 points. They have a Great Offense and a QB that will win MVP. Our Defense is Good but not Great so we have to score to keep with them. I would say Luck and Mahomes are pretty even. I predict we run the ball well and Mahomes will be a bit nervous in this one but still put up points. This will be Luck's 8th Playoff game and he is 4-3 so far which is Good, I don't see him being nervous at all. My final prediction says 27-26 Colts win. They will score at least 26 so we need 27 to win this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

The "Arrowhead Pride staff" had guns to their heads as they were typing their comments.

Are you surprised? It is there for everyone to see, they have to be homerish. They know they have to get that home playoff losing streak monkey off their backs and as the game gets tighter, everyone will be cr@***** in their pants, you can bet. :) 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Are you surprised? It is there for everyone to see, they have to be homerish. They know they have to get that home playoff losing streak monkey off their backs and as the game gets tighter, everyone will be cr@***** in their pants, you can bet. :) 

They could very well beat us as I have us winning by a narrow margin 27-26. If we fall behind though like 10-0 or so, that will be bad.