Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We might be out Malik Hooker

CR91

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm hoping Tyquan Lewis can make it out there.  We need him and Turay to add some young speed to the mix.  Personally I think we are going to get pressure against their O line.  I don't care what you tell me.

I agree I think we get to Mahomes too. Autry has been quiet time for him to make some noise.  You gotta think Eberflus we have a thing or two up his sleeve. As far a Hooker the only thing I've heard from is him is that he will play. How many guys listed as questionable really don't go? This thread feels like someone needed the drama 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

He came back in, AFTER he injured it, at what seemed to be a normal level.........

I am sure that he isnt missing this game

Pain killers are your friend

In high school, Mary Jane Rottenbreath broke my heart before a game........ 

I played 60 mins......    I always told my coach...... I may be short.... But I'm slow!

Rub some dirt in it

Yes, and so is cortisone 

44 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I agree I think we get to Mahomes too. Autry has been quiet time for him to make some noise.  You gotta think Eberflus we have a thing or two up his sleeve. As far a Hooker the only thing I've heard from is him is that he will play. How many guys listed as questionable really don't go? This thread feels like someone needed the drama 

I have a slight concern with Turay taking an inside spin or route to get to Mahomes.  He's young and I hope he keeps the discipline.  We can't afford to lose contain.  Hope plays out of his mind, though.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Hes listed as questionable, but he hasn't practiced all week. Autry is also questionable, but was able to practice at a limited basis.

Should be able to replace his 2 tackles and 1 assist per game average. Don't see him as a difference maker in this game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/news/_/id/3121415/malik-hooker

5 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

What has he done that a replacement can't do?

Are you joking?

If you're seriously asking that, then you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

5 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

It's a check down league.

People are having to check-down BECAUSE of Hooker.  Put a less-talented safety in his place, and all of a sudden that zone is going to start getting more targets.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nobody is throwing to the guy he is covering because he is doing his job so well.

We will see how he does this week. If he gets lit up then it's because he's not healthy. If he does well, then it's what you believe and I will give you credit. Weather may play a big issue on long plays downfield.

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Are you joking?

If you're seriously asking that, then you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

People are having to check-down BECAUSE of Hooker.  Put a less-talented safety in his place, and all of a sudden that zone is going to start getting more targets.

Come on the whole league isn't checking it down because of Hooker.

1 minute ago, Blueblood23 said:

Come on the whole league isn't checking it down because of Hooker.

The chiefs dont check it down. The saints dont check it out down. the rams dont check it down. They attack vertically. I can keep going if you want. Bucs attack deep. Chargers attack deep. Heck even the colts attack deep when they want to.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

When they're playing the Colts, they are.

Did you think I meant every offense is checking it down in every game against every defense because of a safety on the Colts?h

The whole league has become a check down league. All teams are doing it not just Colts opponents.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The chiefs dont check it down. The saints dont check it out down. the rams dont check it down. They attack vertically. I can keep going if you want. Bucs attack deep. Chargers attack deep. Heck even the colts attack deep when they want to.

Then Hooker is going to be a difference maker this week. I certainly hope so.

2 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

The whole league has become a check down league. All teams are doing it not just Colts opponents.

Where are you getting that from?  Are you watching all the games?

Have you see what Mahomes-to-Hill has been doing this year?  It's deep-ball-city.

That was probably the whole preface for a thread about Hooker in the first place.  This is probably going to be the biggest test our safeties have seen all year...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

We will see how he does this week. If he gets lit up then it's because he's not healthy. If he does well, then it's what you believe and I will give you credit. Weather may play a big issue on long plays downfield.

If he gets lit up it may not be because of injury. It might be because he is young and the KC offense is that good.

16 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Are you joking?

Let me get in on this.  I agree that tackle and assist stats are the wrong way to measure Hooker.  His value is taking away the deep ball, which is clearly stated. AFAIK, Hooker puts himself in position to help the Corner on a deep ball.

But @Blueblood23 question has not been answered.  What does he do that Fairley couldn't do.  Would Fairly be in the wrong position?

Can't any replacement FS put himself in the same position?  What makes Hooker special in that way?

And to say he puts fear into QBs because its specifically Hooker back there and not someone else like say, Mike Adams (ok a little younger faster MA) is wishful thinking IMO.  Hooker hasn't been on the field long enough or made enough plays to warrant that kind of fear 

And I've said that I want Hooker to play, and hope (expect) him to pick off Mahomes.

• Like 1

These "Malik Hooker sucks" posts aren't very well thought out.

That D really needs him to be able to play well tomorrow. He's the guy who will clean up busted plays from Kelcey and Hill, ideally. If he can't move, he's not catching Hill at top speed (who is?).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

These "Malik Hooker sucks" posts aren't very well thought out.

That D really needs him to be able to play well tomorrow. He's the guy who will clean up busted plays from Kelcey and Hill, ideally. If he can't move, he's not catching Hill at top speed (who is?).

Nah they are just by people who only look at stats.  

They are the same people who will tell you Bob Sanders was the best safety in the history of the NFL while thinking Bethea was no good.  

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Can't any replacement FS put himself in the same position?  What makes Hooker special in that way?

I feel like you should use google to answer your questions instead of asking loaded questions to fellow forum members... but I'll indulge you.

Hooker has better measurables than most safeties.  He has good size, excellent speed, good (big) hands/ball skills, excellent jumping ability, etc.  He is considered elite in just about any physical attribute or ability we use to talk about safeties.

He is physically special.  His stats don't support that right now, but he's also not physically 100% right now, either.  But Malik Hooker at less than 100% is still scary enough to keep opposing offenses from testing the Colts defense deep very often.

12 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I feel like you should use the internet to answer your questions instead of answering loaded questions to fellow forum members... but I'll indulge you.

Hooker has better measurables than most safeties.  He has good size, excellent speed, good (big) hands/ball skills, excellent jumping ability, etc.  He is considered elite in just about any physical attribute or ability we use to talk about safeties.

He is physically special.  His stats don't support that right now, but he's also not physically 100% right now, either.  But Malik Hooker at less than 100% is still scary enough to keep opposing offenses from testing the Colts defense deep very often.

I expect bigger things from him next year opposed to this year. I think he will truly be healthy in August and the first time he will be 100% come a training camp