Sign in to follow this  
Archer

Luck guaranteed to be in either the SB or Pro Bowl

So the three guys ahead of him in PB selection are the other three QBs still in the AFC playoffs.  So one of those four goes to the SB, and the other three are in the PB.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Archer said:

So the three guys ahead of him in PB selection are the other three QBs still in the AFC playoffs.  So one of those four goes to the SB, and the other three are in the PB.  

yea i rather him play in the superbowl

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I am sure making the pro bowl is nice but being snubbed by Brady being picked ahead of him is a joke.

• Like 1

Meh. While it's something of an honor to be selected, and it gives some players a bonus thanks to incentives in their contracts, the Pro Bowl is pretty lame now. Heck, they don't even get a trip to Hawaii now, but are stuck in Orlando for the better part of a week. I'm sure that a lot of those guys would rather be doing something else -- anything else -- like even a week of insurance seminars or binge-watching every episode of The Golden Girls.  

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah I am sure making the pro bowl is nice but being snubbed by Brady being picked ahead of him is a joke.

The whole Pro Bowl has become a joke....  Merely a popularity contest, most of the top players have "injuries" or just opt out.  Deserving players such as Luck, get passed on and the game is more of a fashion show.  they need to name the teams and skip the game.  The skills competition before is more interesting.

I'd rather they just did away with the pro-bowl.  It's a meaningless game and injuries happen to the star players.  No one even watches the thing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'd rather they just did away with the pro-bowl.  It's a meaningless game and injuries happen to the star players.  No one even watches the thing

I CONCUR. The Pro-Bowl sucks. 

4 hours ago, Old Colt said:

The whole Pro Bowl has become a joke....  Merely a popularity contest, most of the top players have "injuries" or just opt out.  Deserving players such as Luck, get passed on and the game is more of a fashion show.  they need to name the teams and skip the game.  The skills competition before is more interesting.

Agreed, I'd rather they just give the designation and forgo the game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Old Colt said:

The skills competition before is more interesting.

If done right, the skills competitions are good. 

They should add a skills competition for kickers.   How many times can you hit the crossbar or post out of 10 kicks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Archer said:

Pro bowl is trash.

Yeah the pro-bowl should be restructured. Take out the fan voting first and foremost. Then get rid of the game that no one watches. Every player named should get a sizeable bonus. Give each player a small trophy/plaque to commemorate it. If they want profit, sell pro-Bowl jerseys for each player that makes it. Maybe alter the color scheme of the Jerseys each year to encourage fans to collect them all. And each Madden should have an alternate cover with all the pro-Bowl players on it.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

If done right, the skills competitions are good. 

They should add a skills competition for kickers.   How many times can you hit the crossbar or post out of 10 kicks.

I'm pretty sure they had a tic tac toe game last year for the kickers. They had a grid inside the uprights for the board.