Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Concerns

coltsfeva

I tried to submit this as a poll but there’s a glitch somewhere that is keeping me from doing so.

Maybe it’s better as a discussion. What is your biggest concern ?

Frank Reich being out-coached

The secondary 

Luck’s decision making 

Oline protection

Not getting pressure  on Mahommes 

A “lull” in the offense 

Secondary.  Its thin to begin with and not that great, and now it seems they're gimpy. 

Luck's decision making is the least concern.  I think Luck has is mojo aligned with the offense and the short pass thinking has made him inherently more careful with the ball than in the past.

Yes to being worried about the secondary...and the LBs...with so many weapons in the passing game for KC. Yes to getting pressure on Mahomes (see worry about DBs and LBs)...and yes to a lull in the offense (won't have that luxury in this game).

But KC is the #1 seed in the AFC...so of course there are things to be concerned with. HOU and TEN were cupcakes compared to them.

IMO, this is truly where the path starts. I think there is a clear gap between KC, NE, LAC, LAR, NO and the rest of the teams. The Colts have surpassed that tier...and now some combo of those five teams is what the Colts are staring down. Can't wait to see where they stand.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Finball said:

Secondary, by far. They haven't been really tested since week 5. And that's the only time this season they faced an elite QB.

Eli carved them up...and that was without one of the best WRs in the NFL.

Considering the Colts are playing with house money...I wouldn't mind seeing them taking more risks and being opportunistic...as opposed to playing the bend don't break defense. Forcing TOs is going to be paramount.

If whatever our gameplans are, if they will work out.

Like if we try to pound it on ground to shorten their offensive possesions. Running gets you in plenty of 3rd downs which you need to convert vs a high scoring offense. Also penalties are terrible for that strategy.

On Defense, if we play conservative like we did in 2nd half vs Texans. If Chiefs are patient they will exploit our soft cover 2 easily. I think we need to mix it up defensively AND score early to get lead. Their pass rushers are at their best in passing situation's.

I don't know what game plans are best, just hope whatever Reich & Eberfus choose to do will be the right choice.

My biggest concern is this is the best team we have played all year on offense. This might be the end of the ride with all these young players on defense. This might be the game they have to get blownout on to set up the next few years.

For now I am not worried about the offense. We will see what happens.

I would laugh with all the predictions of this being a high scoring game if it ended up low scoring.

Points per game go down in Dec and Jan.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

My biggest concern is this is the best team we have played all year on offense. This might be the end of the ride with all these young players on defense. This might be the game they have to get blownout on to set up the next few years.

For now I am not worried about the offense. We will see what happens.

I would laugh with all the predictions of this being a high scoring game if it ended up low scoring.

Points per game go down in Dec and Jan.

Would not be surprised to see both teams in the low 20's.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, deadman said:

Would not be surprised to see both teams in the low 20's.

I see this game coming down to 27-24, either Adam Vinatieri does his usual magic or the Chiefs end up getting a winning FG. Definitely not the high scoring game people in the media are making it out to be.

My main concerns are seeing how the rookies will deal with the crowd noise at Arrowhead and blown coverages being capitalized by the league MVP.

The secondary because they were craved up by Eli Manning and couldn’t get pressure on the poor Giants Oline. This game can get ugly if we play a vanilla zone against Andy Reid playcalling because let’s be honest he’s a huge upgrade from OBrien and Leflur calling plays.

This may sound silly and or strange but our past success against the chiefs in the playoffs has me worried. You are only going to beat a good team in the playoffs so many times before they end up beating you. Statistically we should of lost to them by now so we are due. It’s like if you flip a coin, it is very unlikely that you will get heads 15x in a row. 

• Like 1

I think if we focus on stopping Hill and Kelce in coverage, his primary reads, then our pressure will get to Mahommes.  Even if Watkins plays he might not be that effective after such a long layoff.  I am not overly concerned with their run game.  Play pass first with an extra DB.   I don't think their defense can stop Luck.  He knows how to get into the best plays for his offense.  Only drops and bad throws can stop us in the air.  Our run game should be effective.  I'm feeling pretty good actually. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

This may sound silly and or strange but our past success against the chiefs in the playoffs has me worried. You are only going to beat a good team in the playoffs so many times before they end up beating you. Statistically we should of lost to them by now so we are due. It’s like if you flip a coin, it is very unlikely that you will get heads 15x in a row. 

Silly and strange is correct. You aren't flipping a coin here. Past success or failures have zero to do with this game.

There's no such thing as being "due".

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I tried to submit this as a poll but there’s a glitch somewhere that is keeping me from doing so.

Maybe it’s better as a discussion. What is your biggest concern ?

Frank Reich being out-coached

The secondary 

Luck’s decision making 

Oline protection

Not getting pressure  on Mahommes 

A “lull” in the offense 

Secondary/ lack of pass rush tied. Go hand in hand, if we dont get pressure that secondary is not holding up.

I think the big concern is for the defense to make the tackle.  The style of defense will give up the short passes and the yards to go with them, but they just need to make sure they don't allow an extra 5-10 yards after the catch.  We all know KC will move the ball and score but the D needs to make them earn every inch, which will "shorten the game".

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would say our Secondary but you left out one huge concern, that is how the REFS call the game. Will they let us play physical against their Pass happy Offense? or are they going to call the game tight? The game is at KC and Kelce and Hill will be tough to cover, we will see.

It would be nice to have the same crew as last week. Also can’t forget we are pretty good to and they have a bad secondary so that could help us also.

• Like 1

To keep it simple, i'd go with:

We don't wanna get down more than 7 points.  Coupled with that, imo, is a fast start like the last 2 weeks.  

My concern would be if we get down early and that crowd noise and pass rush gets gong and excited early.  If we can get up, even by 3, it will significantly take the pressure off our O and D.

A fast start for us like the past 2 weeks would go a Long way to securing a victory.

• Like 1