Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Mebane's Daughter Makenna, Passed Away

Girlzarefanstoo

The Chargers Nose Tackle, Brandon Mebane, has missed several games since December 5th as his daughter had been fighting for her life.  Charger's ownership has been completely supportive of his stepping away to serve his family in their time of crisis and have provided him their own private jet to take him back and forth from Omaha Nebraska where she was being treated for trisomy 13 issues.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/12/05/chargers-brandon-mebane-by-daughters-side-during-absence/

I was heartbroken to read a few minutes ago that Brandon Mebane's daughter Makenna passed away last Thursday.

A tweet by a local reporter this afternoon announced on Twitter:

Mike DiGiovanna 12:12 PM January 9th, 2019
Brandon Mebane’s daughter passed away Thursday. He said he will play Sunday.

Second tweet:
Mebane’s daughter was born with a rare chromosome disorder and the outlook was never good for her.

For those of you who believe in the power of prayer to comfort the hearts of those that grieve, please pray for his family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

The Chargers Nose Tackle, Brandon Mebane, has missed several games since December 5th as his daughter had been fighting for her life.  Charger's ownership has been completely supportive of his stepping away to serve his family in their time of crisis and have provided him their own private jet to take him back and forth from Omaha Nebraska where she was being treated for trisomy 13 issues.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/12/05/chargers-brandon-mebane-by-daughters-side-during-absence/

I was heartbroken to read a few minutes ago that Brandon Mebane's daughter Makenna passed away last Thursday.

A tweet by a local reporter this afternoon announced on Twitter:

Mike DiGiovanna 12:12 PM January 9th, 2019
Brandon Mebane’s daughter passed away Thursday. He said he will play Sunday.

Second tweet:
Mebane’s daughter was born with a rare chromosome disorder and the outlook was never good for her.

For those of you who believe in the power of prayer to comfort the hearts of those that grieve, please pray for his family.

That sucks.

• Like 2

Have not heard about this but obviously terrible news.  With 3 kids of my own all I can say is that losing a child is your worst nightmare.  

My cousin lost her 8 year old daughter to a unknown at the time brain tumor.  There is nothing more depressing then a child's funeral.  I hope I never have to go to one again.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Have not heard about this but obviously terrible news.  With 3 kids of my own all I can say is that losing a child is your worst nightmare.  

My cousin lost her 8 year old daughter to a unknown at the time brain tumor.  There is nothing more depressing then a child's funeral.  I hope I never have to go to one again.  

It's particularly close to my heart as well.  We lost a great-nephew in September at 6 months old.  He had been born with an extremely rare genetic liver issue that was mis-diagnosed as there are only 2 other cases in the world.  He had a transplant and all was looking well but he suddenly crashed.  They discovered he had a nicked intestine from the surgery which is the most common complication due to the minuscule space they have to work in.  I was/am heartbroken for his mom, who is a single mother.  

I'm very proud of the Chargers organization and how they have supported his family.  Hopefully he will be able to escape a bit and pound some of his grief and frustration out on the Patriots this Sunday 

• Like 2