Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 games to go!

indyagent17

3 hours ago, IinD said:

Let's hope so.

I don't want Colts football to end yet.

I know. I just don’t want this special season to end. I really do feel like we would go 13-3 if season were to start over today. We’ve developed faster than any Colts team I can recall other than maybe Luck’s rookie season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Sean Peyton wheeled $225,000 in cash into the Saints locker room with the Lombardi trophy sitting on top and said; "You want this? Win 3 f***ing games."

Pretty awesome if you ask me.

$225,000 is the purse each winning player gets if their team wins the SB.

Sean Peyton having to pay players to do what they are already paid to do?  I would rather have our players that are ready to run through a brick wall for FR!  :coltslogo::coltshelmet:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Sean Peyton wheeled $225,000 in cash into the Saints locker room with the Lombardi trophy sitting on top and said; "You want this? Win 3 f***ing games."

6 hours ago, JustAColtsFan said:

Sean Peyton having to pay players to do what they are already paid to do?  I would rather have our players that are ready to run through a brick wall for FR!  :coltslogo::coltshelmet:

Well to be fair, it’s better than the other thing the saints were paying their players to do haha 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

$225,000. purse for each winning player?

You expect me to believe Peyton would fork out $11,925,000. ?? Almost 12 million?

Sorry, I find that hard to believe.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

You expect me to believe Peyton would fork out $11,925,000. ?? Almost 12 million?

If I’m not mistaken, that is the pay they get from the league.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Thats from the league. Each player gets a per game payout (these numbers are from 3 years ago);

These are the (cumulative) per-player payouts this year.

Wild-Card Round—Division Winner: $25,000
Wild-Card Team: $23,000
Divisional Round: $25,000
Conference Championship: $46,000
Super Bowl Winner: $102,000
Super Bowl Loser: $51,000

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/sean-payton-225k-cash-lombardi-trophy-motivational-speech-locker-room-playoffs-saints-reaction-nfl

Theres the story link.

3 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Thats from the league. Each player gets a per game payout (these numbers are from 3 years ago);

These are the (cumulative) per-player payouts this year.

Wild-Card Round—Division Winner: $25,000
Wild-Card Team: $23,000
Divisional Round: $25,000
Conference Championship: $46,000
Super Bowl Winner: $102,000
Super Bowl Loser: $51,000

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/sean-payton-225k-cash-lombardi-trophy-motivational-speech-locker-room-playoffs-saints-reaction-nfl

Theres the story link.

You said Peyton wheeled in $225,000. like it was his money. The players are well aware of what the NFL pays.

Sean Payton was just showing his players what the goal was. He has done this before in the past. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25723985/sean-payton-shows-lombardi-trophy-top-200000-cash-new-orleans-saints

I said it before in another post that part of the fun of being a fan is looking ahead to what might possibly happen. I would love to see us whip KC amd then go to NE and beat the Pats and then 2 weeks later win the Super Bowl. It is fun to think about. It is ok to think about. I won't be on the field Saturday afternoon so it is fine for me to look ahead and think about the "what-ifs". Now what I don't want is Coach Reich and the team doing that. I want them focused on going 1-0 this week.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You said Peyton wheeled in $225,000. like it was his money. The players are well aware of what the NFL pays.

Such an odd thing to argue on a forum. The point is he LITERALLY WHEELED in cash to prove a point and motivate his team. If you and everyone else knows how playoff games are paid then youd know the payout and understand his message without the need for me to clarify his meaning.

27 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Such an odd thing to argue on a forum. The point is he LITERALLY WHEELED in cash to prove a point and motivate his team. If you and everyone else knows how playoff games are paid then youd know the payout and understand his message without the need for me to clarify his meaning.

I am not arguing. I was just using your words, that's all. My point is all the players in the NFL know what is on the line and how much money is paid to the winners.

Now if Peyton was putting up his own money it would have been more impressive. :default_20smile:

3 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Sean Payton was just showing his players what the goal was. He has done this before in the past. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25723985/sean-payton-shows-lombardi-trophy-top-200000-cash-new-orleans-saints

I said it before in another post that part of the fun of being a fan is looking ahead to what might possibly happen. I would love to see us whip KC amd then go to NE and beat the Pats and then 2 weeks later win the Super Bowl. It is fun to think about. It is ok to think about. I won't be on the field Saturday afternoon so it is fine for me to look ahead and think about the "what-ifs". Now what I don't want is Coach Reich and the team doing that. I want them focused on going 1-0 this week.

Exactly.  I also don't want the team to look forward past this next game. The 1-0 concept has worked for us so keep it going.

No matter what happens it's been a great ride.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not arguing. I was just using your words, that's all. My point is all the players in the NFL know what is on the line and how much money is paid to the winners.

Now if Peyton was putting up his own money it would have been more impressive. :default_20smile:

Fair enough, I misread that post - my bad. 

Haha, Id love to see Goodells reaction when he found out a member of the Saints coaching staff was paying players in cash. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly.  I also don't want the team to look forward past this next game. The 1-0 concept has worked for us so keep it going.

No matter what happens it's been a great ride.

It is like asking the archer who is supposed to take a fruit down, what he sees, and if he says anything but the fruit like the tree or branches or leaves around it, chances are he will not take down the fruit. 

That is an ancient story from the East, btw. :) 

• Like 1