Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

injury update

coming on strong

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

our injury report for today looks very bad a lot of injuries going into a very tough game . i really hope we can get ryan grant back he isnt great but like jack doyel he has amazing hands and is money on third down our wide outs have been dropping a lot of passes lately

No offense, but Grant is the most expendable one on the DNP list IMO.  I don’t think we’ll get a real feel for injuries until Thursday.  

I expect everyone except Lewis and Mitchell to play. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

No offense, but Grant is the most expendable one on the DNP list IMO.  I don’t think we’ll get a real feel for injuries until Thursday.  

I expect everyone except Lewis and Mitchell to play. 

no he really is not he was the number 2 before he got hurt .  what has hurt this offense all year? dropped passes .  third down drops kill the colts and take away them scoring over 30 points a game .     losing jack doyal killed us grant is also a security blanket on third down passes .    only hilton and imnam have sure hands

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

no he really is not he was the number 2 before he got hurt .  what has hurt this offense all year? dropped passes .  third down drops kill the colts and take away them scoring over 30 points a game .     losing jack doyal killed us grant is also a security blanket on third down passes .    only hilton and imnam have sure hands

Grant is a bum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

I don’t think he’s bad, but I don’t think he brings that much to the table.  Nothing special.  

Hopefully Fountain has been building confidence in practice.  I’d love to see another big body WR to join Inman and Pascal.  If he’s a good as a blocker as Pascal it helps in the run game too.  

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Grant was the #2 until Inman got up to speed. 

24 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Grant is a bum.

he doesnt drop passes with our offense we get a lot of 3rd downs on a drive , usually 3rd down and short .why do you think  our offense the past couple weeks looks like we can move the ball on any one all day , but struggle to score all 4 quarters its dropped passes look at the texan game that is the reason we only scored 21 points how many drives stalled because of a dropped pass we have to lead the league in dropped passes. that is what worries me if we had wide outs with better hands i would be confident we could score 45 on the chiefs

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It was just a walk through. Mitchell is the only one that left the game last week. Reich has said you can’t gain anything from today’s report. Hooker had a boot but he said it’s just for precaution.

ebron was not on the injury report last week at all now his hip is injured  same with a couple of other players

14 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he doesnt drop passes with our offense we get a lot of 3rd downs on a drive , usually 3rd down and short .why do you think  our offense the past couple weeks looks like we can move the ball on any one all day , but struggle to score all 4 quarters its dropped passes look at the texan game that is the reason we only scored 21 points how many drives stalled because of a dropped pass we have to lead the league in dropped passes. that is what worries me if we had wide outs with better hands i would be confident we could score 45 on the chiefs

ebron was not on the injury report last week at all now his hip is injured  same with a couple of other players

Not worried about it at all. Did you see him dancing after the game Saturday. It’s just the way they have to report injuries.

36 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Grant does drop passes that’s part of why he got demoted.  

55 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I think Grant is a big reason why Inman was signed.

Player | Games | Rec | Yards | TDs

—————————————————

Grant         14          35       334         1

Inman         9           28      304         3

That’s 23.9 yds/gm vs. 33.7 yds/gm. That doesn’t account for big 3rd down plays but suffice to say Inman has been more productive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

The first injury report is not important. Its mostly precaution/rest 

Exactly. This is probably just being treated as an extra day of rest for some of the guys who are a little nicked up. This late in the season almost every player has some nagging injury that will need the offseason to heal up, but most of them will still play on Saturday. Heck, TY hasn't practiced in weeks, yet he's still out there on game day,  going at full speed. 

13 hours ago, coming on strong said:

He has dropped passes this season he isn't very good I bet we get somebody else next year.

13 hours ago, Dasteez said:

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I think Grant is a big reason why Inman was signed.

Player | Games | Rec | Yards | TDs

—————————————————

Grant         14          35       334         1

Inman         9           28      304         3

That’s 23.9 yds/gm vs. 33.7 yds/gm. That doesn’t account for big 3rd down plays but suffice to say Inman has been more productive. 

As of late Inman has been more productive most of grants production from this year was already they by the time Inman played his first game with the colts.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Autry and booker missed practice for the second day. I do expect them to play. TY says his ankle is getting better.

In the KC side Eric berry safety missed practice today after being limited yesterday. Is he a good player for them? Looks like he is pretty good looking at his wiki page.

He has been injured alot in recent years and was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma in 2014 but he was elite before that. Must be new to football if you dont know eric berry was an amazing player.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Autry and booker missed practice for the second day. I do expect them to play. TY says his ankle is getting better.

In the KC side Eric berry safety missed practice today after being limited yesterday. Is he a good player for them? Looks like he is pretty good looking at his wiki page.

Berry is their defensive anchor on the field and off the field. Would be a blow if he wasn't to play, their pass defense is already %.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Berry is their defensive anchor on the field and off the field. Would be a blow if he wasn't to play, their pass defense is already %.

he has been horrible this year he was on the field when the patriots dropped 42 on them he was on the field on a lot of blow outs his play dropped big time after he got cancer and is getting older now

37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

autry i am not worried about a shoulder will not limit him in a game like a ankle injury would  and i heard hooker would be fine to play if the game was today and be close to 100 percent frank is giving guys who are a little banged up time off because its been a long season and its good for their bodies like ty has been injured for a month and its been his best month he even said this week his ankle is feeling the best since it got injured he is almost 100 percent its more like rest for guys who are slightly injured

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

who has the most drops on offense this year per attempt ? not saying he is marvin harrison , but ebron chester rogers have been horrible with drops

Haha

Ebron is "horrible" with what?... 14 TDs?

And i dont understand the hate for Rogers.  Hes not a #1 , but week in and week out, for a few years, other similar receivers have come and went or been injured, and Rogers has been there.  You also have to look at the QBs hes had last yr and before.

Look, i'm just saying ALL our receivers suffered the dropsies this year.  EvennTY went thru a lil funk.  But i feel they have all stepped up in recent weeks.

Too many drops this year  yes,  but its improved lately.  Im sure the coaches have been on them.

On a side note, Inman intrigues me.  He may just be the chess piece needed if we plan to continue winning. The dude has some hands. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

who has the most drops on offense this year per attempt ? not saying he is marvin harrison , but ebron chester rogers have been horrible with drops

You have to take those first 6 games out. They havent dropped a lot of passes on this 10-1 streak.

For all the talk of the KC tight end Ebron has more TD.

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

autry i am not worried about a shoulder will not limit him in a game like a ankle injury would  and i heard hooker would be fine to play if the game was today and be close to 100 percent frank is giving guys who are a little banged up time off because its been a long season and its good for their bodies like ty has been injured for a month and its been his best month he even said this week his ankle is feeling the best since it got injured he is almost 100 percent its more like rest for guys who are slightly injured

Please...please.  Punctuation.  :^)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Haha

Ebron is "horrible" with what?... 14 TDs?

And i dont understand the hate for Rogers.  Hes not a #1 , but week in and week out, for a few years, other similar receivers have come and went or been injured, and Rogers has been there.  You also have to look at the QBs hes had last yr and before.

Look, i'm just saying ALL our receivers suffered the dropsies this year.  EvennTY went thru a lil funk.  But i feel they have all stepped up in recent weeks.

Too many drops this year  yes,  but its improved lately.  Im sure the coaches have been on them.

On a side note, Inman intrigues me.  He may just be the chess piece needed if we plan to continue winning. The dude has some hands. 

horrible with drops not a horrible player .......  they are both very good , but both have a ton of drops ebron is good for dropping 3 passes a game.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

You have to take those first 6 games out. They havent dropped a lot of passes on this 10-1 streak.

For all the talk of the KC tight end Ebron has more TD.

This is true. Other than 2-3 drops from Ebron , Colt receivers have done very well catching the ball. I think some you can attribute the early season drops to Luck's recovery limiting his work with receivers. 

6 hours ago, coming on strong said:

ROFL

Again you are severely misinformed.

So you are comparing a guy who has been benched with 30 receptions and almost no production in TDs or yards to 2 receivers who both have higher production (especially) Ebron but have similar drop numbers and you believe you have a point? Lol please you have nothing to stand on. Ebron has 2 more dropped passes than your boy Grant but also 200 plus more yards and 10 more TDs.  But hey you cling onto that supposedly groundbreaking statistic while you ignore all others.  There's a reason Rogers and Inman have had more snaps per game the last 8 weeks of the season and it's because Grant is terrible and being out played. 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

whats really scary is depth at Defensive tackle . autry has not practiced all week , and we have 4 players active for the two interior line .  Autry goes down ridgeway is playing every single snap on defense the whole game.

Oh boy you must be new. 

FYI Ridgeway is one of our best penetrating tackles. If we have to rely on him a whole game I think we will be seeing that we have a pretty good rotation.  

I suggest you calm down and learn a little bit.  We have an extremely knowledgeable community here.