Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Outlook of our 2019 Offseason

Scott Pennock

54 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

I don't understand.  If we pick a OL in the 4th this draft who is better than Haeg, then we've improved our depth.

Sure.  If that happens.  Do you seriously think that a rookie olineman with 4th round talent this year could knock Haeg out of his spot?  Maybe we can find a back up OT who would be better than Zach Banner.

I'd rather use that 4th to trade up higher in the 2nd to get that better Corner who would push Moore to #3.

Grigson wasted three first round picks, players who would/should now be marquis type players in their prime.  Ballard picked Hooker 15 and I'm not sure he will get to marquis status.  The other recent first rounders went for a C and a G. 

The Colts have a lot of ground to make up and they can't really do that by simply having a bunch of later picks.  Meanwhile, we win because of a healthy Luck in his prime.  JMO.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I have the feeling we are still not ready to compete against the best of the best

Agreed. I'll be shocked if we go into KC and put up a good defensive showing.

And even if we do, that will need context. If their offense struggles because it's wet and cold, or if Mahomes looks like a rookie (not counting on that, btw), or they get hit with injuries, etc., it will have a bearing on the way the game goes. 

In all, I think the defense still needs a lot of work. Eberflus has done a great job, but I don't want to win with smoke and mirrors. And guys like Desir and Hunt and others are probably having the best two months of their careers, but that shouldn't be counted on either. A brutal evaluation of the roster still reveals a lot of weak spots.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

Agreed. I'll be shocked if we go into KC and put up a good defensive showing.

And even if we do, that will need context. If their offense struggles because it's wet and cold, or if Mahomes looks like a rookie (not counting on that, btw), or they get hit with injuries, etc., it will have a bearing on the way the game goes. 

In all, I think the defense still needs a lot of work. Eberflus has done a great job, but I don't want to win with smoke and mirrors. And guys like Desir and Hunt and others are probably having the best two months of their careers, but that shouldn't be counted on either. A brutal evaluation of the roster still reveals a lot of weak spots.

We will be tested for sure. And this Saturday is it, guys. Whether we have what it takes or not, here's where it begins.

im not sure that cornerback is a big need.  ours have been good enough to win with in a cover 2 and they are young.  i think safety is a bigger need. everyone playing opposite hooker is a free agent and they all have some type of age or injury concern 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

im not sure that cornerback is a big need.  ours have been good enough to win with in a cover 2 and they are young.  i think safety is a bigger need. everyone playing opposite hooker is a free agent and they all have some type of age or injury concern 

CB is still a need, but you are right....safety is even bigger. This D is playing great, but pass rush and a better secondary are still weaknesses. As far as the upcoming game, I absolutely believe the Colts can knock off the Chiefs, but it will require a ball control offense to do it. Gotta keep the D fresh by keeping Mahomes Hill and Kelce off the field.  And no stupid mistakes. Do that and the Colts will be headed to Foxboro.