Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard Draft Selections w/ Chiefs

Dark Superman

Prior to the 2013 season, Ballard joined the Kansas City Chiefs as Director of Player Personnel, the position he remained in until the conclusion of the 2014 season in which he received a promotion to become the Director of Football Operations.[10]

He remained with the Chiefs until the conclusion of the 2016 regular season. While with the Kansas City Chiefs, Ballard was involved in drafting players: Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, and Marcus Peters, Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, Chris Conley, Dee Ford, Zach Fulton.

Chris Ballard is a football guru and his track record shows how much this guy knows how to find talent. He literally helped build KC into a Super Bowl caliber team in just three years. The only missing piece was a franchise QB but now he does in Luck.

If seeing Ballard's track record with the Colts/Chiefs doesn't get you pumped up for the offseason I guess you are nothing more than a troll. :D

Loving what Ballard is doing right now. But it’s important to note that Ballard was not the GM in KC. He might have had a say in certain things but a lot of the moves KC made were unlikely to be his ideas. Director of PP tends to be more contract and cap stuff isn’t it?

Not dragging him down just important to recognise the context. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Prior to the 2013 season, Ballard joined the Kansas City Chiefs as Director of Player Personnel, the position he remained in until the conclusion of the 2014 season in which he received a promotion to become the Director of Football Operations.[10]

He remained with the Chiefs until the conclusion of the 2016 regular season. While with the Kansas City Chiefs, Ballard was involved in drafting players: Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, and Marcus Peters, Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, Chris Conley, Dee Ford, Zach Fulton.

Chris Ballard is a football guru and his track record shows how much this guy knows how to find talent. He literally helped build KC into a Super Bowl caliber team in just three years. The only missing piece was a franchise QB but now he does in Luck.

If seeing Ballard's track record with the Colts/Chiefs doesn't get you pumped up for the offseason I guess you are nothing more than a troll. :D

Must not have been that good since he drafted Hill twice :D.  Did you mean to do that or insert a different player?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarkSuperman said:

Centered instead of left aligned again.  :lecture:

And which person am I talking to?  I see a Quenton Nelson picture and the name Dark Superman.

Just messin with you!  :D

2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Why would I be pumped for the offseason? We are in the midst of the postseason right now dammit. I'm pumped for that, not the damn offseason.

Because many fans have not weathered the many seasons of pain. I'll bet half started with the ascendance of Peyton. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

KC had Dorsey, Ballard, Nagy and Reid. Browns, Bears, Colts and Chiefs.  3 playoff teams and a vastly improving Browns.  That’s an all star lineup. 

Add Brad Childress, Bob Sutton, Brett Veach and Dave Toub to that braintrust. If you have that entire staff aligned and working together, imagine the type of player evaluations that are being made during draft season... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

No offense, but where were u when we were having these conversations before the 2017 draft and to a lesser extent, the 2018 draft?