Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck outdoors...

GusFring

This is just lazy.

If Luck's home field was outdoors, he would have a winning "outdoor" record. Most good QB's have a winning home record, regardless if it's indoor or outdoor.

Luck played outdoor all of high school and college, albeit in not the worst weather.

• Like 3

Mahomes at Arrowhead (8 games): 19 TD 6 INT 106 QBR 8.47 Y/A
Mahomes away from Arrowhead (9 games): 31 TD 7 INT 116 QBR 9.0 Y/A

Also, Indy has not faced a Top 10 QB in passer rating during our 10-1 streak. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Ultimately, none of that matters when we line up and try to play our A game but make no mistake, it will take an A or A+ game to beat the Chiefs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Ultimately, none of that matters when we line up and try to play our A game but make no mistake, it will take an A or A+ game to beat the Chiefs. 

But... but Mahomes is palying in his 1st playoff game ever, so that means he will not play well so the Colts will win easily.  All the Colts have to do is run the ball and not let KC get big plays in the passing game.

At least that is what a lot fans on this forum think.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It’s going to take a A game for the chiefs to beat us also. We aren’t chopped liver.

• Like 1

Good things "stats" isn't playing in this game. "Stats" is a guy who uses a singular view, to give credit to his opinion. But you can't blame him....he is always either singular, or includes so many things it makes it hard to compare fairly. 

There is only one stat that trumps all.....scoreboard. 

I don't think including pre-surgery tells us much. From watchig him, he is obviously a better QB than he was. And the sample size for this season is too small.

Also, to add some context to that, one of those road games included PHI, which was awful weather. Another one was that JAC outlier. 

Besides, pretty sure last time we saw pre-surgery Luck in the playoffs, he was beating DEN in DEN (even though he didn't play great). Not sure what happened after that...cause I blocked it out.

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s going to take a A game for the chiefs to beat us also. We aren’t chopped liver.

I just said this game will be much closer than being predicted. In other words, don't be surprised if the Colts beat the 6 point spread, just hope it is on the right end of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't know what a Charlie joke from Always Sunny is... so to answer your question... no.

Charlie, a character in the show It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, is a self-proclaimed Bird Law Expert, but Charlie is also illiterate in the show and has no idea what he's talking about, hence the joke as a twitter handle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

So that QBR stuff doesn't mean much everybody can be beat on any given day. But I believe our defense will have trouble in this game so our offense better have a huge day.

If that was the only variable and we played the same team with the same roster for all these games, still wouldn't buy it. Let's see who the teams were we played for each group, see where in the season these games fell, and see the health of the Oline for each. Because those are more important than indoor outdoor lol.

The Colts can score with them if they need to do that at some parts of the game.  Like I said the Raiders went up and down the field on us for most of that entire game scoring at will.  When we needed points Luck just pulled out the strong hand and matched them step for step and the D made enough plays to bring it home.  I'm sure we don't intend to make it a shoot out but I don't think we should wet our pants if we have to do a little back and forth at some points of the game. All things point to that defense being worse than the Raiders or on the same plain.  We haven't had to be in the same mode as KC in a lot of cases because we just win without having to be excessive.  But we all know if Luck has to be a gun slinger he certainly can do it.  

• Like 1