Myles

Alliance of American Football

12 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The shaky QB thing is definitely an issue but it is nice to watch defenses be allowed to play defense. I think that alone will draw me in.

I think the O-line and QB play will get better.  These teams have only existed for 5 weeks. 

I liked:

How the play was very much like the NFL as far as play calling and schemes.  

How 81% of the players have had NFL contracts.

The Sky Judge.  It's nice to have a person to take care of obvious missed calls.

The leagues effort to have NFL experience in key positions. 

No kickoffs

• Like 1

I really enjoyed what I saw in the two games I was able to watch portions of.  The offenses will catch up with more practice time and reps, too.

Does anyone know the details on the Illegal Formations the defenses were getting flagged for?  None of the announcers explained the calls, but I guess they didn't know, so they didn't try to explain.

I really believe this is a legitimate league...not the quirky stuff like other leagues in the past tried.  This league is obviously NOT competing with the NFL and seems to be trying to work with the NFL to make this a developmental league, much like the NBA is doing with the G League.

Looking forward to seeing Memphis this weekend...I picked them as my team and, of course, they get pummeled!!  I don't have CBSSN, so couldn't watch them yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

I really enjoyed what I saw in the two games I was able to watch portions of.  The offenses will catch up with more practice time and reps, too.

Does anyone know the details on the Illegal Formations the defenses were getting flagged for?  None of the announcers explained the calls, but I guess they didn't know, so they didn't try to explain.

I really believe this is a legitimate league...not the quirky stuff like other leagues in the past tried.  This league is obviously NOT competing with the NFL and seems to be trying to work with the NFL to make this a developmental league, much like the NBA is doing with the G League.

Looking forward to seeing Memphis this weekend...I picked them as my team and, of course, they get pummeled!!  I don't have CBSSN, so couldn't watch them yesterday.

Not sure on the illegal formations.   Hopefully it comes out soon.   They also need to release the box scores. 

From what I say, I think there will be 12-15 AAF players on NFL teams next season.  Mostly practice squad though. 

Teams cannot have more than five players rushing at a time.  On defense, no more than five players may rush on passing plays. No defensive player may rush from a position of more than two yards outside the widest offensive lineman and more than five yards from the line of scrimmage. The exceptions would be play-action or run-pass option plays and if the ball leaves the tackle box.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 8:25 AM, Barry Sears said:

I agree, they are not trying to compete with NFL but make a better product for the NFL to use than AFL, CFL, NCAA. Hopefully it continues to do that. The hope with ex-NFL players and personnel you would have to hope they would understand what they need to do.

7 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I agree, they are not trying to compete with NFL but make a better product for the NFL to use than AFL, CFL, NCAA. Hopefully it continues to do that. The hope with ex-NFL players and personnel you would have to hope they would understand what they need to do.

They said that they tried to have the head coaches be ex NFL head coaches so that the players are even more trained for NFL play.  

• Like 1