Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy according to Colt's fans!

horseshoecrabs

Hey , Enough  of what KC Fans expect. We as Colts fans expect to be disrespected.  We are considered to be a Hugh underdog, But is that going to define us? I think not.  If we keep playing the way we have had, Run the ball, Control the game clock, and don't try to get into an offensive shoot out with KC, then I think we have a great chance on advancing in the playoffs.  Let's take a page from the past, in the Jim Haubaugh era. and see that we have he team, that can prevail. 

Quite frankly, what Colts fans are saying is a bit of head scratcher.

Many fans say the Colts will run the ball all day on KC and that the Colts will man handle the Chiefs, etc.

But the last time the Colts played a good QB, the Giants took the Colts to the wire and the Colts had to have a TD with 55 seconds left to win the game. 

The Giants also have a good TE who had 6 catches for 87 yards  (Kelce is much better than Engram)

The last time the Colts faced a speed receiver was just a couple of days ago in Coutee and he had 11 catches for 110 yards and a TD.  And Hill is a much better receiver than Coutee and faster.

As far as rushing the passer Houston had Watt and Clowney.  KC has Houston, Ford and Jones.  I still the Colts oline will do very well but all 5 are going to battling all game long.

I think the Colts will have their hands full and it is going to be a tough game from start to finish.  I also won't be shocked if KC gets a 10-14 point lead on the Colts by midway through the 2nd quarter.  But I also fully expect the Colts to battle back and make it a game.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Many fans say the Colts will run the ball all day on KC and that the Colts will man handle the Chiefs, etc.

But the last time the Colts played a good QB, the Giants took the Colts to the wire and the Colts had to have a TD with 55 seconds left to win the game. 

The Giants also have a good TE who had 6 catches for 87 yards  (Kelce is much better than Engram)

The last time the Colts faced a speed receiver was just a couple of days ago in Coutee and he had 11 catches for 110 yards and a TD.  And Hill is a much better receiver than Coutee and faster.

As far as rushing the passer Houston had Watt and Clowney.  KC has Houston, Ford and Jones.  I still the Colts oline will do very well but all 5 are going to battling all game long.

I think the Colts will have their hands full and it is going to be a tough game from start to finish.  I also won't be shocked if KC gets a 10-14 point lead on the Colts by midway through the 2nd quarter.  But I also fully expect the Colts to battle back and make it a game.

Outside in possible rain or snow versus inside our comfy stadium changes the dynamic of this game. 

I don't think their offense is going to be as dynamic as it was a month ago. As I said in another thread, the Colts should go in with the gameplan that New England had against us in those 03' and 04' years where they played ball control offense and limited our high power offense. We HAVE to go in with that mindset and not let this game get into a shootout. I think our defense is opportunistic enough to force Mahomes into a turnover or 2.

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think the Colts will have their hands full and it is going to be a tough game from start to finish.  I also won't be shocked if KC gets a 10-14 point lead

The last time the Colts played against a speed receiver and good pass rushers... they jumped out to a 14-0 lead and won 21-7.  :thmup:

• Like 1

Last I seen we are 6 point underdogs. We were 8 point underdogs when we played Denver in 2014/15 in the Divisional Round. A 6 point dog isn't real huge but it is close to being that. I would guess most people at ESPN and NFLnetwork will pick KC but I am ok with it and understand it. They are the #1 Seed and at home. They have a QB like we have = Great. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last I seen we are 6 point underdogs. We were 8 point underdogs when we played Denver in 2014/15 in the Divisional Round. A 6 point dog isn't real huge but it is close to being that. I would guess most people at ESPN and NFLnetwork will pick KC but I am ok with it and understand it. They are the #1 Seed and at home. They have a QB like we have = Great. 

Listening to a lot of sport shows today a lot of the media were actually picking the Colts to beat KC. Not all of them but I would say maybe a good 2/3??

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am seeing that now. When Skip Bayless thinks we will win, the world is coming to an end :lol:

Right I made a post about that last night and everyone laughed at me saying I should be banned from the site. I dont like Skip but I was like WTH did he just say.... I had to post it

4 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

There are a bunch of silly over confident Colts fans running around.  

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Apparently you haven't been over at the Chiefs Forum. There are a bunch of silly over confident Chiefs fans running around. lmao 

Man, on twitter, i have at least 10 Chiefs fans saying the score will be 50-0..or 50-10....talk about overzealous, and homers who don't even look at the team, whom their team will be facing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Man, on twitter, i have at least 10 Chiefs fans saying the score will be 50-0..or 50-10....talk about overzealous, and homers who don't even look at the team, whom their team will be facing.

We may lose but the game will be close. They aren't blowing us out. They should win in reality, they are the #1 Seed and have HFA. They are favored by 6. We are playing with house money and have had a hell of a season no matter what happens. We have gained back respect from the media and fans, went 10-6, won a Playoff game at Houston to regain King of the South status. Hey to me I am really having fun at this point, Elite 8 is Great stuff. 24 other teams are sitting at home.

• Like 1

You do know that saying 'run the ball and control the clock' is not a given. Like, KC can actually stop us doing that. Balance wins games in the Play-offs, and we have that now. Good game planning and execution will give us a good chance to win on the road against the #1 seed. I am hopeful, not confident. Mahomes in his first Play-off game could rattle him if we unsettle him early. But clearly if we win the toss and defer, the game is ours.......

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

You do know that saying 'run the ball and control the clock' is not a given. Like, KC can actually stop us doing that. Balance wins games in the Play-offs, and we have that now. Good game planning and execution will give us a good chance to win on the road against the #1 seed. I am hopeful, not confident. Mahomes in his first Play-off game could rattle him if we unsettle him early. But clearly if we win the toss and defer, the game is ours.......

Being balanced as an offense is great to be able to be.   But if you start running, and they don't show signs of being able to stop it,..you run that until they do show it.  We have Luck, T.Y. Inman, Ebron Rogers, and Allie-Cox just in case that doesn't happen.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The last time the Colts played against a speed receiver and good pass rushers... they jumped out to a 14-0 lead and won 21-7.  :thmup:

True, the difference though is KC has a good QB.  Watson will be signed by some team as a backup QB in a couple of years.

7 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I just finished my Colts-Chiefs game breakdown, (won't be posted on my sites page for a day or so though) And my research has pulled out some very interesting facts a lot of people don't realize. Not saying their pass rush is not good, (getting 52 in a season is tremendous) but there is underlying factors in it.  I was much more scared of Houston's pass rush than I am of K.C.'s now.

Their sack numbers very good but remember most teams get behind fast ,so their lineman are not worried about run just rushing the passer.

"Their raw numbers (The Chiefs Pass Defense) look bad because Kansas City has been way ahead of its opponents for a huge chunk of 2018. Opposing quarterbacks facing the Chiefs have thrown 230 passes on drives that began with their teams possessing no more than a 5 percent chance of winning. No other team in the league faced 200 such attempts this season. This is essentially garbage time, and in meaningless situations, the Chiefs really shouldn't care about what their pass defense is doing."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25701582/destroying-myths-eight-2018-nfl-playoff-teams-divisional-round

^^^ Thats from an ESPN article the other day. The Chiefs pass rush success is inflated because they face more passing downs than any other team. On the other hand their terrible pass defense is overstated because they face more passing situations than any other team. BUT their run defense being as bad as it is presents a real opportunity - they're run against less than any team and they're still that terrible (#27 overall). Mack will decide this game IMO.

15 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

This is going to be a 1 score game, no doubt in my mind. Which side of the 1 score game we come out on, will come down to the last few minutes. 

I'd rather down by 2 scores in the first half than the second half so that the running game can still be a factor. Sticking with it, again, like Reich intends to, is the key to winning this game. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I agree with your main point.

But the Colts D was without Geathers and Walker. And the Colt's offense was pathetic for the first 20 minutes of that game. Their first three possessions were: 3 and out, 3 and out, INT.  So, the Giants jumped out to a 14 - 0 lead.

Kelly also went out in the 2nd quarter. And Glowinki was out the whole game. Colts could not run the ball. 

If the Colts were going to play Saturday without Geathers, Walker, Kelly, and Glowinski, I would say they would have zero chance of beating the Chiefs.

Outdoor playoff game against a team with an explosive offense and a bad run defense. I think the Patriots blueprint from the 2004 playoffs is the one to follow. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200501160nwe.htm#all_vis_drives

If we can play well on defense, which includes tackling well and taking away the big play -- I'm more concerned about catch and run plays, especially screens, than passes over the top -- maybe we can limit their offense. Combine that with efficiency on offense -- moving the ball, scoring, and not turning it over -- maybe we can shorten the game, limiting exposure for the defense.

And since they have a bad run defense in particular, if we can get a lead and then put together a couple consecutive long scoring drives, we might be halfway into the 4th quarter with a two score lead, which plays into the strengths of our defense.

If we let it become a shootout, we play right into the strengths of their defense, namely, pass rush. And I think we can put up points, but they're much better equipped to win that kind of game, IMO.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

If we let it become a shootout, we play right into the strengths of their defense, namely, pass rush. And I think we can put up points, but they're much better equipped to win that kind of game, IMO.

Yep. We should be watching tape on the Seahawks game. They ran and ran and ran. Wilson danced in the pocket to avoid the pass rush and they nearly scored 40 points. 

Another healthy dose of Mack putting them on their heels is the winning formula here. 

KC is going to score points. It's nearly for certain with that kind of offense. 

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I just want to point out the NY Giants had a poor rush defense as well and Mack ended the day with 12 carries for 34 yards and the Colts as a team had 16 for 49 yards.

What does that have to do with this game?

We are not the same team right now as the one who played the Giants.