Jump to content
dw49

Weather Forecast for Saturday's Game Does a 360

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is going to be a really crappy game and boring.

If we win then it will be the game of the week as far as I’m concerned. I just care about advancing.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If we win then it will be the game of the week as far as I’m concerned. I just care about advancing.

Heck yeah!! Bore me away with a big fat W!!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is going to be a really crappy game and boring.

 

Some of you never played football in the snow as a kid, and it shows.  :(

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many times have we witnessed our Manning era Colts crumble under similar conditions in the playoffs?  Now we have a team that is better equipped to deal with these conditions and some fans are worried about it affecting both offenses and the quality of the game.  You guys can miss me with all that.  I’m looking for the Colts to take this stage and show the world that this is a new era of Colts football...one where we can play and win in any style necessary.  In these Chiefs...we are playing a virtual replica of our past playoff selves. Colts...Let’s show the world just how far you have come. Pumped for this. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda new on here. But i'm not too nervous at all. I think the weather and conditions favor us. I'm not concerned about our running game at all. I think Mack may reach 200 rushing yards today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely snow accumulation over night.  Currently a gentle whiteout!  Perfect conditions for the Colts in their all-white uniforms.  Go Colts!

 

2C007B6C-E7F7-4B78-A1A7-54CCD0F31203.jpeg

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

How many times have we witnessed our Manning era Colts crumble under similar conditions in the playoffs?  Now we have a team that is better equipped to deal with these conditions and some fans are worried about it affecting both offenses and the quality of the game.  You guys can miss me with all that.  I’m looking for the Colts to take this stage and show the world that this is a new era of Colts football...one where we can play and win in any style necessarily.  In these Chiefs...we are playing a virtual replica of our past playoff selves. Colts...Let’s show the world just how far you have come. Pumped for this. 

We haven’t proved we will play well in the snow or cold. It’s just guessing and until they show they can I will be skeptical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Definitely snow accumulation over night.  Currently a gentle whiteout!  Perfect conditions for the Colts in their all-white uniforms.  Go Colts!

 

2C007B6C-E7F7-4B78-A1A7-54CCD0F31203.jpeg

 

Is it actually snowing right now?.....a little?   a lot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We haven’t proved we will play well in the snow or cold. It’s just guessing and until they show they can I will be skeptical.

Fair enough.  Our players wanted this judging from some of their enthusiastic responses on social media.  I think they are looking forward to the opportunity to convince their doubters. They believe they are prepared for this.  I think this Colts team is cut different from what we are used to.  We will find out soon. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, egg said:

 

Is it actually snowing right now?.....a little?   a lot?

Yup. Coming down pretty good. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

looks like the field is clear.  https://www.kansascity.com/news/article224346960.html  image attached of the field.

KCM_ChiefsColts00841-12-19J.jpg

for now.....  hell, it's even heated, so doubt it gets much actual coverage..... but the 2-3 hours it's uncovered for warmups, it COULD get pretty wet.....  any wind could also be a factor added to wet surface, mud, wet balls, etc.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Wish we had a big fullback...I dont think KC does either

How about the A-Train Mike Alstott (purdue / tampa bay) !!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Wish we had a big fullback...I dont think KC does either

 

We have Hewitt, but he would probably be considered more of a receiving-FB than a running-FB.  Decent blocker though.

 

I can see Wilkins using his vision to have a decent day running the ball.

 

Just no fumbles!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

How about the A-Train Mike Alstott (purdue / tampa bay) !!!!

One of my favs!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, egg said:

 

Is it actually snowing right now?.....a little?   a lot?

Yes.....this is after clearing it off 5 mins ago 

 

 

3E522ABF-B9FB-4367-9472-7A57B8A4B40C.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

We have Hewitt, but he would probably be considered more of a receiving-FB than a running-FB.  Decent blocker though.

 

I can see Wilkins using his vision to have a decent day running the ball.

 

Just no fumbles!

 

It's not like they are going to be playing in a foot of snow.

 

Bob Sacamano told me there probably won't be much, if any accumulated snow on the field when they are playing. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes arm is so strong i don’t think this weather will hurt them at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deadman said:

Tarps are coming off.

 

 

They’re taking it off kind of early. That field is going to be white by game time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

They’re taking it off kind of early. That field is going to be white by game time.

I was thinking the same thing. Still 3 hours until kickoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is going to be a really crappy game and boring.

:spit:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They’re taking it off kind of early. That field is going to be white by game time.

I'd think some player's pregame routines start before too long. Need to get things setup before that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Mahomes arm is so strong i don’t think this weather will hurt them at all.

 

You mean versatile?

 

Lucks' arm is just as strong, he just doesn't throw all those crazy side-arm, left-handed, and no-look passes.

 

Either way, the weather affects the passing game for both teams.  There won't be as much snow, but remember the snow-game in Buffalo last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys calm down. According to the chiefs fans the field is heated and weather won't be an issue.  I guess matter changing states is an anomaly at arrowhead stadium and melting snow acts differently there.  Where normally it goes snow -> water -> water vapor, at arrowhead it must go snow -> butterfly kisses -> chiefs easy victory.  I appeatly should just watch reruns of murder she wrote on the hallmark channel instead.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Some of you never played football in the snow as a kid, and it shows.  :(

Football was never meant to be played in a snowstorm

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Guys calm down. According to the chiefs fans the field is heated and weather won't be an issue.  I guess matter changing states is an anomaly at arrowhead stadium and melting snow acts differently there.  Where normally it goes snow -> water -> water vapor, at arrowhead it must go snow -> butterfly kisses -> chiefs easy victory.  I appeatly should just watch reruns of murder she wrote on the hallmark channel instead.

Doesn't matter if the field is heated

Its going to snow throughout the game, according to the forecast.

 

That's going to limit what both offenses can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Football was never meant to be played in a snowstorm

 

Says who?

 

There was no forward pass when the game was invented.

 

It was basically rugby-scrums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Mahomes arm is so strong i don’t think this weather will hurt them at all.

But then what?

I know the throwers can throw..

..but its the receivers catching the ball and holding it in the snow that's the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, deadman said:

 

If it is that slick I think that does slow Hill down. Probably slows TY down also. This very well may come down to a pound it out short passing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Doesn't matter if the field is heated

Its going to snow throughout the game, according to the forecast.

 

That's going to limit what both offenses can do.

Limits the Chiefs passing game? That'd give the Colts a pretty obvious path to victory- in my opinion. This doesn't bother me so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Says who?

 

There was no forward pass when the game was invented.

 

It was basically rugby-scrums.

Says history.

Football was orginally played in the fall.....Nobody played after the first week of November

I know you know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Limits the Chiefs passing game? That'd give the Colts a pretty obvious path to victory- in my opinion. This doesn't bother me so much.

It worries me. It limits our passing game, too..

Both sides can bring 7 or 8 men into the box because nobody's throwing long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it is that slick I think that does slow Hill down. Probably slows TY down also. This very well may come down to a pound it out short passing game.

 

I start liking our chances if that’s the case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it is that slick I think that does slow Hill down. Probably slows TY down also. This very well may come down to a pound it out short passing game.

I think you may see a few designed runs by Andrew.  

safest play is a QB run…..and they wont expect it because we haven't don't it all year

 

Could be a lot of running and sliding:banana:

 I also like our placekicker kicker in bad conditions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Says history.

Football was orginally played in the fall.....Nobody played after the first week of November

I know you know that.

 

Ok, so the people that invented football in the 1800s told you the game was "never meant to be played in a snowstorm"...

 

Because it never snowed in November in New Jersey?

 

Got it.  haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • As I said, it's never about "can you fit under the cap?", or "do you spend all your cap space?" Because you can fit under the cap certainly. Actually, you have to, that's the rule. And most teams do spend their cap space. That's the point. Use it all if possible. The Patriots use it all usually, the Steelers use it all usually, etc. Most teams do. Actually, the Colts do use almost all of their 2019 cap space too. (The 2019 total sum of contracts is a bit over 184 million, just a few mills under the cap. That "40ish cap space" is already nothing else but the rollovers from previous years.)   But, even with spending all the cap space, there is good cap management, and there is bad cap management. The Patriots spend all of their cap space, and they manage it very effectively. The Colts (now) spend all of their (excluding rollover), and I belive Ballard manages the cap very effectively. But the Jags didn't. They went over the line, and sacrifized their future effectiveness by getting into bidding wars and signing pricey free agents one after another. The problem wasn't Norwell. If it was only him, that would be ok. The problem was, that they also signed Moncrief for 10M, Jenkins for 6M, Church for 7M, traded for Hyde and payed him 4M and he barely saw the field, etc, etc. The list is very long.      I never said that having elite talents heading into their second contract is a burden. You are right, that is a blessing. Actually, that is the best that can happen to a team. That's what Ballard want's to do! The problem is, that the Jaguars got into a situation, when there is a very good chance that they cannot sign their own guys. And their roster got thin, because they could not refill it this offseason enough. They got worse. And they will become even worse in 2020, because they won't be able to retain their talent level. Yes, they can cut Campbell, they can cut Bouye, and they can trade Ngakogue, and fit under the cap. And then? Who will play at CB, who will play at DE? A mediocre somebody. So, instead of improving their team, they actually made it worse. That's the bad management. Cap wise and talent wise as well. (However, I do agree, that they kinda draft OK recently - one year exceptionally well, but still OK since then, so their talent infusion is somewhat OK. What they screwed up big time is cap management.)   Btw, this is an old story repeating itself. Coughlin has been with the Jags before. And he drove them into cap hell before. It was bad, it cost them years to recover. He's just doing it all over again. He is (was) a very good coach, but terrible at managing the cap.
    • https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-say-no-trade-offers-sticking-jacoby-brissett-backup?fbclid=IwAR0IGDgC2r_pBbt7tUzbQjxiBv0zfXiUyxQtxziGhcsvuaRHI3Or6xVIT74   I like Reich's quotes here:  “It’s impossible for me to have a higher opinion of Jacoby than I do,” Reich says. “I said it last year, I think he’s a top 20 quarterback. I still say that. After watching him for a year, this guy’s really good.   “I tell Chris all the time, ‘Please don’t let him go. I don’t care what anybody offers him. Don’t let him go.’ I love Jacoby. The problem is now I’ve gotten to know Jacoby and, at some point, I hope that it works out for Jacoby. But not now.”
    • How is the number of UDFAs significant to anything?     For the record, the Colts actually signed 11 UDFAs...JAC signed 21.    BTW, here are some of the "better teams" and the number of UDFAs this year:   HOU - 20 KC - 23 CHI - 22 NO -17 LAR - 19 LAC - 19   I see no clear correlation between "better teams", thin rosters and UDFAs. There is more of a correlation between the number of draft picks and UDFAs, if anything. Those teams typically had less draft picks...and therefore...more roster spots to give to UDFAs. And UDFAs understand this as well...and see a better path to making a roster if a draft pick is not in their way.   In 2018, the Colts...in the first year of a new offensive and defensive scheme...coming off a 4-win season...signed only 10 UDFAs...because they had 11 draft picks...which makes sense. But that roster was by no means deep.  
  • Members

    • Shepman

      Shepman 220

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • That Guy

      That Guy 806

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 2,807

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 261

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Boiler_Colt

      Boiler_Colt 3,716

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 7,226

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsGermany

      ColtsGermany 139

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CurBeatElite

      CurBeatElite 214

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jmac_48

      jmac_48 400

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsLegacy

      ColtsLegacy 3,881

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...