dw49

Weather Forecast for Saturday's Game Does a 360

i've never seen so many different forecasts for one place in my life....where is this place, mars?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Light accumulation starting in eastern  Missouri as we drive along US36 YAY!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deadman said:

giphy.gif

Radio says they’ve dropped the KC estimates to just an inch or less

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Radio says they’ve dropped the KC estimates to just an inch or less

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, deadman said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haha now they corrected themselves haha

• Haha 1

Just heard a KC guy on WNDE say the city is pretty much shutdown right but the worst should be over by early afternoon.  He said that the heated field has kept the field in great shape and he thinks at most it will just be wet.  He doesn’t think weather will be a big factor.

he did point out mahomes in bad weather is unknown as he didn’t play in poor weather in college either.

I think it’s crazy to think the chiefs won’t be able to pass in the snow. Like that article says there is lots of evidence it helps the pass because offensive players know where they are going.

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

Just arrived.  A light snow, pleasant temperature, granted I am from Canada. lol

So, are we talking single digits or sub zero? :)

• Haha 1

I have heard that there is a ton of tickets left for this game because of the weather.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Cold weather slows down cheetahs...

Sorry Tyreek...

89f6aefc3f95852e1265e7b470965cb4.jpg

Are we discussing the weather for the New England game also. :)

Now estimating 6-10 inches.  It will take an army just to get it cleared and get the game on.  

The heated field.  If it snows a good amount during pregame and during the game, then melts, it's gonna be wet and muddy - a snow/mud game.

10 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

So, are we talking single digits or sub zero? :)

Just a few degrees above freezing. :)

3 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

i've never seen so many different forecasts for one place in my life....where is this place, mars?

In 5 days, it went from 50 and calm(throw a football in the back yard on Thanksgiving) to nearly a foot of snow - get on a dog sled to get another beer from the Arrowhead concession stand.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kinda funny how snow and bad weather actually BENEFITS us now after years of being called a soft team

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

That’s Arrowhead lit up begins the Royals’ stadium.   The snow is light. The city is definitely NOT shut down. It would have to get a lot worse than it currently is to cause a problem. 

About to to head out to Q39 for some BBQ. I’ll update how the weather is when I return in a few hours. 

B1EAF982-0E51-4E12-9643-2042C87333D9.jpeg

Thanks for representing!!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

That’s Arrowhead lit up behind the Royals’ stadium.   The snow is light. The city is definitely NOT shut down. It would have to get a lot worse than it currently is to cause a problem. 

About to to head out to Q39 for some BBQ. I’ll update how the weather is when I return in a few hours. 

So my question is......

What the # are these people on the KC radio talking about? 

Can we actually get a definitive weather forecast?

3 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

So my question is......

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/kansas-city-schools-organizations-canceling-events-due-to-snow

that.  

With that said I think he was stretching the truth a little bit when he said the city is shutdown.  I think his bigger point was yeah there is going to be a lot of snow but most of it will be done before the game and that between the tarp and heated field the field should be in good shape.  Maybe some of that is wishful thinking on his part.  

Even if its a wet field given mahomes fumble issues and lack of bad weather experience plus playing in his first playoff game that could still work to the Colts advantage.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

So my question is......

It just started.  It's not even 6:00 PM in KC.  I believe the winter storm warning starts at 6:00 PM.  It goes from 6:00 PM to 6:00 PM.  

Edit: 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM.

• Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that they're going to put a tarp on the field for the snow? 

16 minutes ago, Calmack said:

I thought I read somewhere that they're going to put a tarp on the field for the snow? 

Yeah, but it comes off for warmups.

If you've ever seen the footage, it takes a lot of work, an army of people, to get what they're predicting out of a stadium in just a few hours and get a game on.  

53 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

That’s Arrowhead lit up behind the Royals’ stadium.   The snow is light. The city is definitely NOT shut down. It would have to get a lot worse than it currently is to cause a problem. 

Kansas City, HOZER has arrived!!!!I think we are across the stadium from each other, My view from my  window is opposite side, can’t get it too post, too many pixels .....

• Like 2

From NFL.com:

Indianapolis Colts @ Kansas City Chiefs

4:35 p.m. ET Saturday, NBC

I’ve had my eye on this game for the past couple of days. The forecast hasn’t changed much, but now that we’re a day away, we know with good certainty that THERE COULD BE SOME SNOW SHOWERS.

Beginning on Friday afternoon, snow will hit the Kansas City, Mo. area. The storm has been coined Winter Storm Gia, which will hit through the night and into Saturday morning, at which point her wrath will begin tapering off.

They should get about five inches of snow in total, but less than an inch during the game and potentially none at all. Once the trail end of Gia is on the way out, it’ll begin to disband and leave some scattered flurries and squalls in the vicinity.

Do not expect steady, heavy snowfall during the game.

The field will definitely be sloppy and winds could be a factor, which is probably something to consider more than the snow. Average winds of 11 mph and gusts to 20 mph are expected throughout the game. Since it’s snowing, you can imagine it’ll be cold — right around freezing at 32 degrees, in fact.

• Like 1

The wind could  be a factor more then the cold or snow.

Just because we can run  better doesn’t mean we will. If all you can do is run it’s easy to stop. We still have to be able to pass.

If the field is sloppy if could slow KC down.

Big Q going to make him some snowmen out of K.C. dline tomorrow boys. Let’s go colts.

• Like 3

Back from Q39. Was YUM!

Still just light wet snow with no speakable accumulation.  If it drops below freezing, it might accumulate, but as long as it’s above freezing, it’s pretty much just melting when it hits the ground.  We’ll see what over night brings. 

Bevies for pregaming acquired!

D3D39CE5-680A-4D88-A3BF-A5566C4BF83A.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

Kansas City, HOZER has arrived!!!!I think we are across the stadium from each other, My view from my  window is opposite side, can’t get it too post, too many pixels .....

I have the same size issue when trying to post.  To solve, I email the photo to myself and when I press send, it asks me what size to send the photo in (large, medium, or small).  I choose medium.  Then I go to my received email, save the image, and then use that new resized saved image to post. It now fits the forum size parameters. :)

What hotel are are you at?  We’re at the Drury Inn. Colts look to be well represented here. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Back from Q39. Was YUM!

Still just light wet snow with no speakable accumulation.  If it drops below freezing, it might accumulate, but as long as it’s above freezing, it’s pretty much just melting when it hits the ground.  We’ll see what over night brings. 

Bevies for pregaming acquired!

D3D39CE5-680A-4D88-A3BF-A5566C4BF83A.jpeg

Oh man love the drink selection. Wish I was there to throw down with fellow colts fans. Represent the shoe brother. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ManningGM said:

So my question is......

Well, the Uber drivers were talking about how bad the weather is.  Understand, I’m from Canada and the weather I am currently seeing here in KC makes me go pffft, no big thang.  It’s warm and the snow is comparatively light. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Well, the Uber drivers were talking about how bad the weather is.  Understand, I’m from Canada and the weather I am currently seeing here in KC makes me go pffft, no big thang.  It’s warm and the snow is comparatively light. 

Oh man Uber going to make some money. After titans game everyone was trying to Uber during a down pour of rain. My dad doesn’t get around very well at his age. Ended up paying a 5.6 surge rate to go 4miles which cost me $56. But all worth it with that colts win. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I have the same size issue when trying to post.  To solve, I email the photo to myself and when I press send, it asks me what size to send the photo in (large, medium, or small).  I choose medium.  Then I go to my received email, save the image, and then use that new resized saved image to post. It now fits the forum size parameters. :)

What hotel are are you at?  We’re at the Drury Inn. Colts look to be well represented here. 

Woodspring Suites is where we’re at, or were, just got done eating at jack stax bbq, heading to Westport for a bit. 

Yeah so so far this snow isn’t bad, a little hairy on the way here, got near wideout for a bit, but nothing we’re not used to in Indiana!!!

Thanks for for the picture advice, worked like a charm!!!

9050C08B-C9F8-4EBB-A9EB-FA069CBEFE84.jpeg

Well not a great picture but you get the idea lol

• Like 2

Wet conditions are going to make it tough for TY Hilton..who's not 100% anyway.

Of course, the same is true for Eric Berry...

Looks more wet than snowy

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The wind could  be a factor more then the cold or snow.

Just because we can run  better doesn’t mean we will. If all you can do is run it’s easy to stop. We still have to be able to pass.

If the field is sloppy if could slow KC down.

Could slow our defense down, too

But I dont know if Pat Mahomes has played in conditions like this.

Ebron has played in cold weather and I'm guessing our CFL wide receiver has also caught some in the rain