Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On this day 23 years ago we beat #1 seed KC 10 - 7

SC-Coltsfan

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Didn't we beat the Chargers in the wild card round followed by the Chiefs in the divisional round in 1995-96? We were a #5 seed then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_NFL_playoffs

I would like to reverse it with Chiefs first followed by Chargers.

Yes we were a 5 seed. If we do win this week I sure hope we don't have the same type of excruciating loss like we did against Pittsburgh in the AFC championship game. That might be the worst I ever felt after a football game. We were 1 play away from winning that game at least 3 times.

All sorts of anniversaries with the Chiefs.  Friday was the 5 year class reunion of the 28 point comeback.  

Frank has the greatest comeback ever.  Luck has #2.  I'm guessing you'll hear that a few times this week.  

20 minutes ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

Yes we were a 5 seed. If we do win this week I sure hope we don't have the same type of excruciating loss like we did against Pittsburgh in the AFC championship game. That might be the worst I ever felt after a football game. We were 1 play away from winning that game at least 3 times.

#2 VS #6 has resulted in #6 winning the last 2 times in championship games (2005 Steelers vs Broncos on the road, 2010 Packers vs Bears on the road). 

Has there ever been a #5 vs #6 championship game? 

The last I can remember is the #4 Cardinals hosting the #6 Eagles in 2008. Cardinals won. For those reasons, I want the Chargers to beat the Patriots because the Patriots are 8-0 at home while Chargers are 5-3.