Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich coach of the year

indyagent17

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Fan votes are 1/3 of the vote.    So the players and coaches also voted Brady in over Luck

I know that, but obviously the small market and lack of publicity effected lucks chances. The coachs and players atleast got him in as an alternate

4 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I realize he won't win the award I'm just declaring he should be coach of the year

This reminded me of The Office when Michael declares bankruptcy. Not sure why, just a big screaming declaration that meant nothing I guess lol. I think Frank will get votes, but Nagy won more games and the division that plays against Aaron. Also, pretty sure it is a regular season award. If it was actually 'the year' then maybe he could win it with a deep playoff run.

• Like 2

I don't think Frank Reich really cares about any year-end awards that he does or doesn't get. Jim Irsay knows who the real Coach of the Year is. Chris Ballard it knows too.  Every one of the Colts players knows it. And WE know it.

If we'd been stuck with McDoofuss we'd probably be on here today arguing over who we should take with our Top Five draft pick.

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

I know that, but obviously the small market and lack of publicity effected lucks chances. The coachs and players atleast got him in as an alternate

Who wants to be in the pro bowl or an alternate when your on track to play in the SUPER BOWL. This has been the greatest season of COLTS football and I dont think this team is done proving all the people who counted them out before the year even started

3 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Because Wentz missed the last 2 or 3 weeks of the regular season. If the voting would have been through the first 13 or 14 games then Wentz would have won.

so what? we discredit his great season because he got hurt? Show me where in the rules of voting a player is disqualified for getting hurt. 

14 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I realize he won't win the award I'm just declaring he should be coach of the year

The point is...   the votes were cast based only on the regular season.    The post season doesn't count.    The ballots are already in.    So, the fact that Reich wins and Nagy lost their respective games isn't considered....    

Just wanted to clarify....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

so what? we discredit his great season because he got hurt? Show me where in the rules of voting a player is disqualified for getting hurt. 

Nobody is disqualified for getting hurt....

But the case is weakened because Wentz wasn't playing and in thiss case, the Eagles did well without him...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

This reminded me of The Office when Michael declares bankruptcy. Not sure why, just a big screaming declaration that meant nothing I guess lol. I think Frank will get votes, but Nagy won more games and the division that plays against Aaron. Also, pretty sure it is a regular season award. If it was actually 'the year' then maybe he could win it with a deep playoff run.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You understand these are people voting here.     No one is disqualified,   but finishing the season holds more weight apparently

That's nice to win awards, but there is really only one award that transcends them all, lets stay focused and just go 1-0! and we will be one step closer to that award.

Truth is Nagy and Reich both did a great job, one was in a big market with national exposure, if Reich wins, its because people know their stuff if he doesn't then you know its all about national exposure, we will get more next year on the schedule based on this year where we were the 1 o clock Sunday kings lol

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nobody is disqualified for getting hurt....

But the case is weakened because Wentz wasn't playing and in thiss case, the Eagles did well without him...

Agree. Foles coming and leading PHI like he did...sort of negated the "V" in MVP for Wentz.

Pretty sure Nagy or Lynn will win this award...especially if it's based on regular season. What the Colts have overcome has been amazing...but those two teams were better.

Reich's and Ballard's time will come...maybe this year. But most likely in the future. 

• Like 1