Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2000s pats vs 2000s colts

CR91

Or should I say the 2018 Colts vs the 2018 Chiefs which honestly is the same thing. Sorry to bring up bad memories colts fan. The 2000s colts were the star wars offense going up against a bunch of underdogs in the 2000s pats and they shut us down. I hate having to compare us to them, but its pretty accurate. You have the one team that systemically attacks your defense with short plays and running the football along with a physical defense that just smothers you and forces you to make mistakes if you try to go for big plays. The colts were a high powered offense with all pro skill position players, however a defense that was a huge liability. What the pats did was take a physical approach to the colts offense by forcing them to make contested catches and play power offense which was not how the colts operated. The colts relied heavily on getting on top of opponents and letting their speed defense take over which allow them to not worry about the run game. Will it have the same outcome? Who knows, but you can make the argument, we're in the better position to win this game if we take the same approach and take them off their game.  

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Or should I say the 2018 Colts vs the 2018 Chiefs which honestly is the same thing. Sorry to bring up bad memories colts fan. The 2000s colts were the star wars offense going up against a bunch of underdogs in the 2000s pats and they shut us down. I hate having to compare us to them, but its pretty accurate. You have the one team that systemically attacks your defense with short plays and running the football along with a physical defense that just smothers you and forces you to make mistakes if you try to go for big plays. The colts were a high powered offense with all pro skill position players, however a defense that was a huge liability. What the pats did was take a physical approach to the colts offense by forcing them to make contested catches and play power offense which was not how the colts operated. The colts relied heavily on getting on top of opponents and letting their speed defense take over which allow them to not worry about the run game. Will it have the same outcome? Who knows, but you can make the argument, we're in the better position to win this game if we take the same approach and take them off their game.  

Why ?    Just why?

32 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I didnt say our tactics are the same

How else do they replicate it if the tactics are different?   Containing hill and Kelce will be tough,   but I don't think they will be able to run.    I'm sure Frank will come up with a good game plan.    But I really don't see the comparison. 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How else do they replicate it if the tactics are different?   Containing hill and Kelce will be tough,   but I don't think they will be able to run.    I'm sure Frank will come up with a good game plan.    But I really don't see the comparison. 

Im just saying the way the teams are built are the same.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

The colts were a high powered offense with all pro skill position players, however a defense that was a huge liability. What the pats did was take a physical approach to the colts offense by forcing them to make contested catches and play power offense which was not how the colts operated.

The Colts were a high-precision offense that could not be stopped within the rules of the game.  What the Pats did was decide to blatantly break the rules and just hope they got away with it.  And it worked. 

Just now, TonyBungee said:

The Colts were a high-precision offense that could not be stopped within the rules of the game.  What the Pats did was decide to blatantly break the rules and just hope they got away with it.  And it worked. 

Their were other factors. We weren't a tough team.

• Thanks 1