Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy according to chiefs fans

boo2202

Man as a life long chiefs fan I couldn’t disagree more that the city is looking at this like a cake walk. In fact I think it’s the exact opposite and most fans think we are losing this game. 

What are our pissitives? Very good “rookie” QB and a great TE and receiver. Defense is absolute flaming garbage besides our ability to sack the QB (which you are the best at preventing)  that’s our team in a nutshell. 

Now correct me if I’m wrong but you have a top 3 QB in the same league as Mahomes , better OLine by far, better running game , very good receivers and a solid defense . On paper the colts are by far our worst matchup. 

Id live to see the chiefs win but I think it’s a 45-42 colts win. I mean I just can’t think how we win against you. I think the colts are rounding into one of the , if not the, most well rounded team in football. 

My guess is that 60% plus if fans are beyond nervous about this game. If you do win (which is likely) I hope you guys go all the way. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

This is a 50/50 game. We haven’t seen a passing game this good all season. Our defense is pretty untested for this one. 

But we also haven’t seen a defense this bad since Oakland. 

Gonna be a potentially wild shootout. 

I don’t think we can get in a shootout. We need to dominate by running the football. Which we should be able to do with their bad run defense.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think we can get in a shootout. We need to dominate by running the football. Which we should be able to do with their bad run defense.

To keep it from being a shootout I don’t think running the ball has anything to do with it. Our defense is going to have to make stops. Our offense can beat their defense. To keep it from turning into a shootout we need to beat their offense with our defense. 

3 hours ago, CamMo said:

Malik Hooker could be a huge injury to watch this week. We need him to help with Hill.

I actually agree.  Also, KCs offense tends to thrive on big plays, holding the ball a long time, and throwing it down field quite a bit.  That's a nice recipe for Hooker to make some plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think Colts fans are being just as bad.  

I think it could go either way.  The Colts are hotter, but home team have an advantage.  Teams coming off a bye week also have an advantage.  

In my initial prediction before the Playoffs started, I had us losing this round and we could. I have changed my mind now though and think we will win a close one. We still could lose but Mahomes has never played in a Playoff game, Andy tends to choke, and we are hot so I will roll with us.

This game may be like the game we played against the Raiders. And we may have to do them like the Raiders. Break out Mack and Hines/Wilkins and stuff it down their damn throat. Defensively speaking I don't think we could defend worse than we did against the Raiders. Especially with all our starters healthy. I think we can make enough plays on D to beat these boyz. Their D looks like it could be worse than the Raiders and the Raiders were pretty Bad.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

This is a 50/50 game. We haven’t seen a passing game this good all season. Our defense is pretty untested for this one. 

But we also haven’t seen a defense this bad since Oakland. 

Gonna be a potentially wild shootout. 

I don't think they will carve us up worse than Oakland. They went up and down the field on us all game. I think with all our starters healthy we will make enough plays to win.

11 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

If they do, so be it.

100% of Colts fans would've taken a 10-6 record with a playoff victory, alongside millions of dollars of capspace and one of the best draft classes in team history, had you offered it in the offseason.

True, but there is now a better offer on the table.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerekDiggler said:

deleting post.   

I understand you have an opinion but Mahomes has had a better season than Luck

He has better stats than Luck but that doesn't mean he's better. Obviously you haven't seen him play too much, probably mostly highlights. KC throws alot, even at GL, which pads offensive stats.He's 0-4 in big primetime games and turns ball over. 5 or 6 vs Rams.

He's 3-3 in last 6 games while Luck is 10-1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think Colts fans are being just as bad.  

I think it could go either way.  The Colts are hotter, but home team have an advantage.  Teams coming off a bye week also have an advantage.  

I think you are starting to turn troll-like. Literally no one here is saying KC has no shot in Hell to win this game... so elaborate for all of us if you would please on how Colts fans are being "just as bad" as Chiefs fans on their forum. Have you been on there in a minute?.. or are you just trolling?

42 minutes ago, krunk said:

This game may be like the game we played against the Raiders. And we may have to do them like the Raiders. Break out Mack and Hines/Wilkins and stuff it down their damn throat. Defensively speaking I don't think we could defend worse than we did against the Raiders. Especially with all our starters healthy. I think we can make enough plays on D to beat these boyz. Their D looks like it could be worse than the Raiders and the Raiders were pretty Bad.

If it can end on Darius Leonard punching the ball out for a recovery then that would be Greeeeaaattt.... 

And if Mo Alie-Cox can snag a ball or two like he did in that game, that would also be greeeattt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The game can go either way.

But we have the edge at QB and btw I like my QB's looking where they throw.

Our WR & TE vs theirs is probably a push.

Our OL is better.

Our Defense is better.

We're a Balanced team. We're capable of running, passing, play good defense.

They can only pass.

We're 4-0 vs Chiefs in playoffs.

there is no way our wrs and TE and in the same league as theirs only hilton is elite they have 2 elite big time wrs and best te in football ebron drops to many passes to be elite luck has to hit him right in chest and he still drops it .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Chief fans need to look at all the games this weekend. The colts are the only team to blow out and dominate the game. All the others have been close and either team could of won. I hope that is a sign for us.

Not true. The Chargers (particularly the defense) dominated the Ravens for most of the game until the last 9 minutes, leading 23-3 until 6 1/2 minutes left. If the Charger defense and Gus Bradley don't inexplicably let their guard down until the 2nd last play of the game, they win by at least 20.

26 minutes ago, jachba said:

Not true. The Chargers (particularly the defense) dominated the Ravens for most of the game until the last 9 minutes, leading 23-3 until 6 1/2 minutes left. If the Charger defense and Gus Bradley don't inexplicably let their guard down until the 2nd last play of the game, they win by at least 20.

you guys better beat the pats if the colts lose next week i rather vote for the chargers to win the super bowl this year or the saints the rest of the teams i dislike

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you guys better beat the pats if the colts lose next week i rather vote for the chargers to win the super bowl this year or the saints the rest of the teams i dislike

Just not the Pats I can live with the others even if I don’t care for them.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't think they will carve us up worse than Oakland. They went up and down the field on us all game. I think with all our starters healthy we will make enough plays to win.

We’ve struggled with TE’s as of late. If Watson was an accurate passer he could have had more success yesterday because he had them open a few times. I think the key for us defensively is making sure we don’t lose track of Kelce, because he can be a gameplan wrecker. He will make us pay for that. 

Its kind of a scary proposition for the C2 because we also have Hill to worry about. If we sell out to cover one or the other Mahomes is smart, and accurate enough to find and hit the other. That’s something we haven’t faced yet this season, to be honest. 

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I saw a comment asking if luck had ever played arrowhead.  I don’t know if it was supposed to sarcastic.

Lidtening to the bears game it is loud. Arrowhead is going to be just as loud or louder.

Luck has played in Arrowhead. It was the same year as the 38-10 comeback win a few weeks (2 I think) before the playoffs that year. I also think the Colts won that game.

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I think QB's are a push.  WR's to KC.  RB's to Indy.   Defense to Indy.  

Andrew has playoff experience and playoff wins Mahomes has none of that. One season does not put him in Luck's league I'm tired of people overhyping players after one good season it's getting old. Luck barely has worse stats and his offensive weapons were no where near as talented as KC. I actually think Mahomes is talented but people need to back off his jock until he gets more seasons like this under his belt he's not a god amongst men. Luck has been phenomenal since entering the league and 90% of his career has been on garbage teams. 

I really enjoyed watching Mahomes and the chiefs play this year. Big part of this was bc Mahomes was my fantasy QB. In all the primetime games they lost Mahomes and Co. had them in the game and took some late 4th quarter leads. However one thing I noticed in those BIG primetime games that the Chiefs lost and something I hope Mahomes hasn't learned a lesson from is scoring to early to give them that late 4th quarter lead, leaving enough time on the clock for the other team to drive down the field and score. This here I could see being the difference in the game if its close come late in the 4th quarter. If he scores to quick or if he takes time off the game clock not allowing Luck and Co. enough time to put together a potential game winning drive.

5 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

I think this game hinges on Darius Leonard. If he can spy Mahomes and provide some good coverage in the middle of the field we win. 

I actually think on D this game hinges on Hooker. If he can take away the deep passes and come away with at least one interception that would be a huge advantage for the Colts. Games like this is why we drafted him 15th overall in the draft 2 years ago. This could very well be Hookers coming out game 2 seasons in.

9 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Why even show up. They’ve got the next Tom Brady and are unbeatable. We don’t have the talent to compete with them. Colts are a bunch of no names while they’ve got all pros at every position. These guys are expecting a 50-0 game. Man have they forgotten that history repeats itself often and our no names play as a unit. Mahomes gets his first taste of playoff football Saturday and I hope it’s sour.

They make some valid points. One of their main arguments is the colts d has faced bad QBs during win streak. Mahomes  is def on different  level than blaine gabbert, Derrick  Carr, Bortles, Watson, Prescott etc. Infact we haven't  faced a QBs playing at his level since manning  in 13.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

Luck has played in Arrowhead. It was the same year as the 38-10 comeback win a few weeks (2 I think) before the playoffs that year. I also think the Colts won that game.

Didn't  we shut out the chiefs in arrow head the same year they were beating us 38 to 10 in the third

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Didn't  we shut out the chiefs in arrow head the same year they were beating us 38 to 10 in the third

Nah it was 23 to 7. In any case if Mahomes throws 5 touchdowns  in the first half then chances are we will get blown out. If the defense can slow him we should have a chance 

• Like 1

We will both move the ball.  We will both score.

Who scores TDs not FGs when in the red zone and success on 3rd downs will shape this game.  Controllong the line of scrimmage and running to control clock could  also affect the outcome.  Field position will also be important.

I suspect the team that plays most mistake-free, and best controls the line, should prevail.  

Remember the year we played KC, and neither team punted?

i dont expect that extreme, but converting 1st downs, and success in the red zone will be more important than possibly any game this year.  (Except maybe the 2nd Jax game, haha )

11 hours ago, MPStack said:

They're playing .500 ball the last six weeks.

The Colts are 10-1 in last eleven games.

We own the Chefs! Enough said!

I never understand why people believe we will win because we have in the past. If that is the case, then if the Patriots and us win, we might as well not play the game since the Patriots always beat us and therefore will beat us. Different team entirely this time and it can't be denied.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

We will both move the ball.  We will both score.

Who scores TDs not FGs when in the red zone and success on 3rd downs will shape this game.  Controllong the line of scrimmage and running to control clock could  also affect the outcome.  Field position will also be important.

I suspect the team that plays most mistake-free, and best controls the line, should prevail.  

Remember the year we played KC, and neither team punted?

i dont expect that extreme, but converting 1st downs, and success in the red zone will be more important than possibly any game this year.  (Except maybe the 2nd Jax game, haha )

Thanks John Madden.

11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I never understand why people believe we will win because we have in the past. If that is the case, then if the Patriots and us win, we might as well not play the game since the Patriots always beat us and therefore will beat us. Different team entirely this time and it can't be denied.

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Thanks John Madden.

Fans (particularly the sports bar * types) love to speak of these games as preordained.  Hearing that the Colts’ offense can’t keep up with that of the Chiefs makes me wonder: 1) wouldn’t chief fans have said that of the Seahawks, the Ravens, or the Broncos (twice), who all finished within one score of KC?  And, 2) if KC’s so unbeatable, why are they playing 50/50 ball over the last six weeks?