Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy according to chiefs fans

boo2202

4 hours ago, Devildog said:

Yeah, I'm not too worried or nervous against the Chiefs team as a whole.  I know we are the more balanced team and Luck will tear that defense apart.  I agree with you having that home field advantage and bye week will definitely favor KC.  That stadium is super loud so hopefully we score early  and quiet that crowd the rest of the game.

i hope the colts do not act like the fans on here.   this chiefs teams offense is so scary they will score on almost every drive their offensive line is very good they have an all pro guard and the rest are very good .  they have so much depth at wr its scary they have 3 pro bowlers plus a lot more weapons they have very good offensive schemes that work .   mahomes i looked at his game tapes i do not see a weakness at all he is gonna frustrate us the whole game even if teams pick the right defense he moves in the pocket and looks to throw not run and makes the throw . 

the colts defense has not been tested like this and their defense has 3 elite pass rushers . our offensive line is amazing yes been look at the jags game they got blown off the field if the line does not come out and dominate the game will be over quick .  

we are about a year to early in the rebuilding phase will still need a pair of elite pass rushers and more wrs .   i expect us next year with all the draft picks and money to really have a top 5 defense and more weapons

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i hope the colts do not act like the fans on here.   this chiefs teams offense is so scary they will score on almost every drive their offensive line is very good they have an all pro guard and the rest are very good .  they have so much depth at wr its scary they have 3 pro bowlers plus a lot more weapons they have very good offensive schemes that work .   mahomes i looked at his game tapes i do not see a weakness at all he is gonna frustrate us the whole game even if teams pick the right defense he moves in the pocket and looks to throw not run and makes the throw . 

the colts defense has not been tested like this and their defense has 3 elite pass rushers . our offensive line is amazing yes been look at the jags game they got blown off the field if the line does not come out and dominate the game will be over quick .  

we are about a year to early in the rebuilding phase will still need a pair of elite pass rushers and more wrs .   i expect us next year with all the draft picks and money to really have a top 5 defense and more weapons

When you have an offense like theirs, I'd do what Belichick did vs the Bills in that Scott Norwood game. He conceded the run, kept everything in front, and jammed the outside wide outs so that they could not release easily. However, times are different and there is only so much physical contact allowed, so forcing Mahomes to long slow drives hoping he will get antsy is one plan on D that might work. 

On O, running the ball and keeping Mahomes on the sideline would be definitely the way to go. They are a quick strike offense that would love to hit on a few big plays but if we limit big plays and force them to go on 12-15 play drives, that will work in our favor eventually, IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Simple, he figured out that the Patriots were more intent on stopping Hunt and Kelce underneath and not pressuring much, were more intent on keeping him inside the pocket. Once he got the hang of it, he started moving inside the pocket better and realized that he could use his arm to gun it into the zones before the DBs could react vs Tyreek Hill, he started winging it. That resulted in Hill going off for 3 TDs in the second half. 

I still think we need to pin him inside the pocket.  I think we'd do a better job at pressuring than New England.  To me he makes big plays when starts moving outside the pocket .  Not that he's bad inside of it, but I just think he's more dangerous outside of it.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I still think we need to pin him inside the pocket.  I think we'd do a better job at pressuring than New England.  To me he makes big plays when starts moving outside the pocket .  Not that he's bad inside of it, but I just think he's more dangerous outside of it.

That is why Andy Reid as a play caller with Mahomes as his QB scares me. He schemes his guys open so well and all of a sudden, a WR or RB is running wide open for 10-20 yards easily. Being active in the zones without over pursuit is important. If we over pursue, Mahomes will kill us. 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That is why Andy Reid as a play caller with Mahomes as his QB scares me. He schemes his guys open so well and all of a sudden, a WR or RB is running wide open for 10-20 yards easily. Being active in the zones without over pursuit is important. If we over pursue, Mahomes will kill us. 

These teams are pretty even:

Mahommes - Luck

Hill - TY

Kelse - Ebron

Reid - Reich 

Two good Olines 

The advantages for the Chiefs are; they are playing at home and they probably have more weapons.

The advantages for the Colts are;  a better run game and defense.

Should be a good matchup 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Lot's of people I've heard in the media so far are saying "the Chiefs didn't want this" and that the Colts can win.

I've seen a lot of people in the media say this Colts team is a team that no one wants to face (and could be the most complete team left), but I fully expect most experts to take the Chiefs.  Those picks will be out by Friday.  I am ok with that though.  The Colts have been playing that role all year.  I hope they keep on rolling!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Channeling your inner Liam Neeson, eh...nicely done!!! :) 

Yes, Patrick Mahomes is the X factor!!! He can do what Peyton Manning, Drew Brees etc. cannot/do not typically do during playoff time i.e. use his legs and make plays.

Hard to get past this take when it so unbelievably wrong in regards to Drew.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

That is why Andy Reid as a play caller with Mahomes as his QB scares me. He schemes his guys open so well and all of a sudden, a WR or RB is running wide open for 10-20 yards easily.

Yeah Andy definitely cooks up some good stuff.   We'll see what happens! 

40 minutes ago, chad72 said:

When you have an offense like theirs, I'd do what Belichick did vs the Bills in that Scott Norwood game. He conceded the run, kept everything in front, and jammed the outside wide outs so that they could not release easily. However, times are different and there is only so much physical contact allowed, so forcing Mahomes to long slow drives hoping he will get antsy is one plan on D that might work. 

On O, running the ball and keeping Mahomes on the sideline would be definitely the way to go. They are a quick strike offense that would love to hit on a few big plays but if we limit big plays and force them to go on 12-15 play drives, that will work in our favor eventually, IMO.

but i looked at mahomes game play he can be patient . i see a lot of throws under neath to the running back even post hunt which cut up the chargers defense bad he throws a lot of short passes and is patient then goes down the field once he breaks down the defense with short passes .  

i was confident early but looking into it this game has me scared .  I remember the afc championship game how fans were so confident saying finally its our year pats look terrible vontae can shut down gronk  . we got stomped i think andy reid does a great job of taking pressure off of mahomes with a lot of screens and quick passes and tricky plays and read option. 

i just think on offense we are gonna have to be able to run the ball very well and score a touch down almost every time we have the ball to win . i believe we have the ability to do that yes, but we all know this offense all year has not played a full game its either start really slow and come back or start fast and hold on tight for a win .

31 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

These teams are pretty even:

Mahommes - Luck

Hill - TY

Kelse - Ebron

Reid - Reich 

Two good Olines 

The advantages for the Chiefs are; they are playing at home and they probably have more weapons.

The advantages for the Colts are;  a better run game and defense.

Should be a good matchup 

yea but they have sammy wakins kelvin benjamin  chris conley all good wrs on top of what you mentioned plus a all pro guard and good offensive line.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

but i looked at mahomes game play he can be patient . i see a lot of throws under neath to the running back even post hunt which cut up the chargers defense bad he throws a lot of short passes and is patient then goes down the field once he breaks down the defense with short passes .  

i was confident early but looking into it this game has me scared .  I remember the afc championship game how fans were so confident saying finally its our year pats look terrible vontae can shut down gronk  . we got stomped i think andy reid does a great job of taking pressure off of mahomes with a lot of screens and quick passes and tricky plays and read option. 

i just think on offense we are gonna have to be able to run the ball very well and score a touch down almost every time we have the ball to win . i believe we have the ability to do that yes, but we all know this offense all year has not played a full game its either start really slow and come back or start fast and hold on tight for a win .

Who was saying that?

People really thought we would march into Foxboro and beat them after defeating an injured Bengals team in the Wild Card and Peyton Manning's corpse in the Divisional?

With Pagano as head coach no less? The reality check must have been real.

48 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

this chiefs teams offense is so scary they will score on almost every drive their offensive line is very good they have an all pro guard and the rest are very good .  they have so much depth at wr its scary they have 3 pro bowlers plus a lot more weapons they have very good offensive schemes that work .   mahomes i looked at his game tapes i do not see a weakness at all he is gonna frustrate us the whole game even if teams pick the right defense he moves in the pocket and looks to throw not run and makes the throw . 

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but just as a frame of reference for what can happen in the playoffs:

2004 Colts finished 12-4 and averaged 32+ points per game.

2018 Chiefs finished 12-4 and averaged 35+ points per game.

The 2004 Colts only scored 3 points against the Pats in the Divisional Round of the playoffs.  I repeat, the high-powered Colts offense with Peyton Manning and All-Pro players all over the place only scored THREE POINTS in the divisional round against the Pats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

As cliché as it sounds, I feel that if we can control the ground game, Control the time. and limit KC's offense on the field, That we have a good chance of beating them. Just don't get  into a shootout with their offense.  That would play into their hands!

Good stuff.  On paper, we have the advantage in the running game.  If we can exploit it, MaHomes may get desperate and force some throws.

So just a few more nuggets about the chiefs. 

People that don’t watch the chiefs much or at all will say Mahomes record against playoff teams is .500 and it’s true but look at the numbers he put up against those teams, the guy can flat ball , and it wasn’t like we were way behind in any games, typically it was always within 1-6 points the entire game. He actually played better against better teams. 

Our D-line and O line backers are very good but probably not as good as your OLine. The reason I intimately think the chiefs lose is that our inside linebackers, corners and safety’s might be in the top 5 NFL all time dumpster fire awful units. I mean seriously if you haven’t watched them play this year you are going to laugh. 

Once mack gets thru our line good night, he’s going to average 7-11 yards per carry is my guess. And luck will have a field day. The only way we win is a 45-42 type of game. But I don’t see it. Colts win 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, strt182 said:

#32 remember!! playing with house money they pocketed what they brought to the table as soon as they made the playoffs.

That was 5 months ago and means nothing now.

The fact is the both teams will feel the pressure to keep their season going.

2 hours ago, ChiefsGuest said:

So just a few more nuggets about the chiefs. 

People that don’t watch the chiefs much or at all will say Mahomes record against playoff teams is .500 and it’s true but look at the numbers he put up against those teams, the guy can flat ball , and it wasn’t like we were way behind in any games, typically it was always within 1-6 points the entire game. He actually played better against better teams. 

Our D-line and O line backers are very good but probably not as good as your OLine. The reason I intimately think the chiefs lose is that our inside linebackers, corners and safety’s might be in the top 5 NFL all time dumpster fire awful units. I mean seriously if you haven’t watched them play this year you are going to laugh. 

Once mack gets thru our line good night, he’s going to average 7-11 yards per carry is my guess. And luck will have a field day. The only way we win is a 45-42 type of game. But I don’t see it. Colts win 

As a Colts fan, this game has me scared. I am not as confident with this game as I normally am in here most weeks. I have picked us to win every week in here since we were 1-5 and was only wrong once. I felt good about the Houston game because I believe Luck is just much better than Watson, Mahomes is a different kind of beast. You guys are at home as well with 2 weeks of rest. I say this game in reality is a 50/50 type game. If we can run the ball effectively and control TOP like some think than yeah we have a good shot to win but we will see. I believe we will have trouble stopping your Offense from scoring, you guys have many weapons. I see a 31-30 type of game as of now going either way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but just as a frame of reference for what can happen in the playoffs:

2004 Colts finished 12-4 and averaged 32+ points per game.

2018 Chiefs finished 12-4 and averaged 35+ points per game.

The 2004 Colts only scored 3 points against the Pats in the Divisional Round of the playoffs.  I repeat, the high-powered Colts offense with Peyton Manning and All-Pro players all over the place only scored THREE POINTS in the divisional round against the Pats.

Rewatching early 2000s Pats-Colts games. Crazy to see the similarities with our team. 

I just watched a Youtube clip of Undisputed from earlier today and Skip Bayless said he was wrong about Andrew Luck and he now loves him. He is wanting to bet Shannon a case of Mt Dew that the Colts will win over KC. I have to mark this day down as something I thought I would never hear or see. He was being sincere too. :rock:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just watched a Youtube clip of Undisputed from earlier today and Skip Bayless said he was wrong about Andrew Luck and he now loves him. He is wanting to bet Shannon a case of Mt Dew that the Colts will win over KC. I have to mark this day down as something I thought I would never hear or see. He was being sincere too. :rock:

Skip is picking us? We're doomed

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He wasn’t being serious. He’s just an Andrew Luck fan this week because he wants the AFC Championship game at New England. Still entertaining to watch though

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

He wasn’t being serious. He’s just an Andrew Luck fan this week because he wants the AFC Championship game at New England. Still entertaining to watch though

You are probably right but I still found it cool and funny that he complimented Luck. That has never happened. He hates Luck.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are probably right but I still found it cool and funny that he complimented Luck. That has never happened. He hates Luck.

That’s going to be one of the best things when Colts win the Super Bowl. Skip having to admit he was wrong about Andrew Luck

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

That’s going to be one of the best things when Colts win the Super Bowl. Skip having to admit he was wrong about Andrew Luck

Heck yeah, Skip is a huge hater of Luck. We have already proved everyone wrong this season and Skip wrong no matter what happens now but of course winning the SB is the goal.

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Heck yeah, Skip is a huge hater of Luck. We have already proved everyone wrong this season and Skip wrong no matter what happens now but of course winning the SB is the goal.

2018 Colts remind me of the 2005 Steelers. So many similarities to that run and this run. Hope this one ends the same way

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Skip is as big of an * as Cowherd is.   

Just says stuff for the shock value.  No substance.