Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy according to chiefs fans

boo2202

Hey all, rivalry between fans is part of the game.  However, when you make blanket statements about other teams forums and moderators it invites them to come here for rebuttal.

Could end up a mess which is why we actively discourage it.

A few posts were removed from this thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, they'd have to buck thet historical trend.  They've never beat the Colts in the playoffs and they've played at home 50% of the time.  The first time it was with a bunch of underappreciated, overachieving players, the next time will be with a bunch of underappreciated, overachieving players.  Do us a favor Chiefs and fans, underestimate us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I agree overall.   What worries me is the home field advantage and having had the bye week.   Those both favor KC.   I think this is 50/50.  

Yeah, I'm not too worried or nervous against the Chiefs team as a whole.  I know we are the more balanced team and Luck will tear that defense apart.  I agree with you having that home field advantage and bye week will definitely favor KC.  That stadium is super loud so hopefully we score early  and quiet that crowd the rest of the game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Why even show up. They’ve got the next Tom Brady and are unbeatable. We don’t have the talent to compete with them. Colts are a bunch of no names while they’ve got all pros at every position. These guys are expecting a 50-0 game. Man have they forgotten that history repeats itself often and our no names play as a unit. Mahomes gets his first taste of playoff football Saturday and I hope it’s sour.

In Luck, we got the next Peyton Manning.  Besides, I wouldn't even put Mahomes in Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, category just yet.  One good year is kind of premature.

8 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Hey all, rivalry between fans is part of the game.  However, when you make blanket statements about other teams forums and moderators it invites them to come here for rebuttal.

Could end up a mess which is why we actively discourage it.

A few posts were removed from this thread

You guys run a first class forum.  I can't believe that other forums allow profanity.  I hope that never happens here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ChiefsGuest said:

Man as a life long chiefs fan I couldn’t disagree more that the city is looking at this like a cake walk. In fact I think it’s the exact opposite and most fans think we are losing this game. 

What are our pissitives? Very good “rookie” QB and a great TE and receiver. Defense is absolute flaming garbage besides our ability to sack the QB (which you are the best at preventing)  that’s our team in a nutshell. 

Now correct me if I’m wrong but you have a top 3 QB in the same league as Mahomes , better OLine by far, better running game , very good receivers and a solid defense . On paper the colts are by far our worst matchup. 

Id live to see the chiefs win but I think it’s a 45-42 colts win. I mean I just can’t think how we win against you. I think the colts are rounding into one of the , if not the, most well rounded team in football. 

My guess is that 60% plus if fans are beyond nervous about this game. If you do win (which is likely) I hope you guys go all the way. 

Anyone but the Pats, right? lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Tell me again how the Colts would have no pressure?

If the Chiefs win do you think anyone will say the Colts should have won this game?

If the Colts win do you think anyone will say the Chiefs should have won this game?

There's a very clear difference in expectations for these teams and that expectation creates pressure.

32 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You don't win in the playoff unless you have a defense. We know that truth all too well. I'm not saying we can't lose, but their acting like their gonna cruise right past us.

Oh Dear God.

It is a fan sight whose posters are acting the exact same way that those on this site would.  A few rational thoughts but mostly just over the top homers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I honestly don't think many people are going to pick the Colts in this game.  Are they the hottest team in the NFL? Yes, are they playing great football on both sides?  Yes.  Are the playoffs about whose the hottest team/playing their best?  Yes.  But I still think most people think the Colts have a lot of no named/young players on defense and a first year coach.  A lot of people think they have overachieved.  I personally think the Colts have a shot and that this game could either way.  I do not think the Colts want to get into a shoot out with this team.  If they can run the ball, slow the game down, not commit any turnovers and force some turnovers, they will have a shot to win this game.  The Chiefs are dead last against the run I believe and not much better against the pass.  Their D is garbage.  They do have a few decent pass rushers, but nothing like Houston had.  If our o-line keeps playing the way their playing, the Colts will put up points no problem.  I am curious to see if our defense can get to Mahomes.  That offense is deadly with a lot of play makers.  Should be a great game!

They dont think they should be ready yet, but so far they have looked the part.

As far as the Chiefs fans, they should be confident. They have Mahomes and are feeling themselves right now. But they have their hands full with this Colts team and he better put up 30+ or they are going down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Oh Dear God.

It is a fan sight whose posters are acting the exact same way that those on this site would.  A few rational thoughts but mostly just over the top homers.

No one is acting like we're unbeatable unless their new to the forum. Guys like you and me who have been here for quite some time understand the prospects of these kind of situations and don't let it go over our heads.

48 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Well, they'd have to buck thet historical trend.  They've never beat the Colts in the playoffs and they've played at home 50% of the time.  The first time it was with a bunch of underappreciated, overachieving players, the next time will be with a bunch of underappreciated, overachieving players.  Do us a favor Chiefs and fans, underestimate us.

I too hope that they underestimate us.   

However, I am not one who thinks the past history has anything to do with the current game.  

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I get why their confident, but its misguided. No first time QB has won in the playoffs without a top defense. Flacco had a top defense. Ben had a top defense. Wilson had a top defense. Brady had a very good defense. Peyton had no defense and that led to 6 years without winning a playoff game.

All true points. 

The only thing is that todays NFL is a bit different.   Favors the offense more than ever before.   I don't think a lack of defense is as important anymore.   That said, it could provide an avenue for the Colts to win if they can establish a solid running game.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

All true points. 

The only thing is that todays NFL is a bit different.   Favors the offense more than ever before.   I don't think a lack of defense is as important anymore.   That said, it could provide an avenue for the Colts to win if they can establish a solid running game.  

To a certain extend yes, but the pressure and the inexperience as a first time QB in the playoffs is still evident. That hasn't changed and if that defense can't carry you then that inexperience will be their downfall most times.

One article I read said that Mahomes looked jittery at the beginning of his nationally televised games.  While that could lead to an early lead for the Colts, it highlights the fact that Mahomes is REALLY inexperienced, and we don’t know how he’ll perform in his first really big game.  Best case scenario for the Chiefs is that he looks like he has all year long.  But there’s a chance we see something very diminished, as he struggles to take on the hope of their starving fan base...

If the Colts can establish a good running game and slow this game down, they could put him in a bad position.   If the game is one where each possession is crucial because the Colts are putting 6-7 minute drives together, then maybe he will get desperate and throw some ill advised balls.

He's really been pretty consistent this season.  He lowest QB rating in recent games was a 91.5 against the Ravens.  

Hopefully he makes some mistakes, but I rather not count on that in order to win.

image.png.02d2a74ef0c788e74c80bc06a93d5852.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

To date the number of points scored in the playoff games:

Dallas 24  Los Angeles 23  Seattle 22  Indy 21  Baltimore 17  Philadelphia 16  Chicago 15

Houston 7

So how many points will the KC offense do?

I think the Chiefs score 28 but the Colts score 31. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I too hope that they underestimate us.   

However, I am not one who thinks the past history has anything to do with the current game.  

I don't either.  Trends aren't causation, but an observation.  The fact is, we can say we've never lost to them in the playoffs and until they do, they'll just be a team that we have put out of the playoffs 100% of the time over the past 20 years (maybe all time?)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChiefsGuest said:

Man as a life long chiefs fan I couldn’t disagree more that the city is looking at this like a cake walk. In fact I think it’s the exact opposite and most fans think we are losing this game. 

What are our pissitives? Very good “rookie” QB and a great TE and receiver. Defense is absolute flaming garbage besides our ability to sack the QB (which you are the best at preventing)  that’s our team in a nutshell. 

Now correct me if I’m wrong but you have a top 3 QB in the same league as Mahomes , better OLine by far, better running game , very good receivers and a solid defense . On paper the colts are by far our worst matchup. 

Id live to see the chiefs win but I think it’s a 45-42 colts win. I mean I just can’t think how we win against you. I think the colts are rounding into one of the , if not the, most well rounded team in football. 

My guess is that 60% plus if fans are beyond nervous about this game. If you do win (which is likely) I hope you guys go all the way. 

people on this board are very sensitive if you talk bad about the colts in any way i love the colts watched every game since 1999 but i tell it like i see it i am not a homer or biased in my opinions and that rubs people on here the wrong way .    no one really knows how the game is gonna go .    the chiefs could come out and blow the colts away the cheifs defense could turn it up at home and stun the colts or the colts could come out and punch the chiefs in the mouth and win big or it could be a very close game no one knows .   

the main thing for the chiefs is can mahomes carry the chiefs in the playoffs i watched manning in his prime throw monster stats up every year lead the league in touchdowns yards and almost every stat and the colts have 4 pro bowl weapons and two pro bowl pass rushers and still get bounced out of the playoffs every year except one and people would call him a choker but its not just him aaron rodgers brett farve dan marino drew breeese all had the same problems . it is the way teams are built in the post season defense wins and offensive line and running game wins while you need a franchise QB also .   

the chiefs need to play well as a team to win not just have mahomes carry them the offensive line needs to play a good game the defense needs to step up a little bit and they have to run the ball somewhat well .   with a good QB you dont have to have a elite defense or run game to win but they must play good in the playoffs and that will be the ex factor we dont know who will step up yet .

1 hour ago, Mitch Connors said:

If the Chiefs win do you think anyone will say the Colts should have won this game?

If the Colts win do you think anyone will say the Chiefs should have won this game?

There's a very clear difference in expectations for these teams and that expectation creates pressure.

Nonsense.  Utter in fact.

1) Who cares what people will say on who should have won?  The only thing that matters is who did.

2) The Colts want to win this game just as badly as the Chiefs do.  There is pressure on both teams to advance to the next round.

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I meant TY & Ebron is close to Hill & Kelce. Obviously our receivers beside TY are lacking. But Luck's top 2 targets are comparable to their top 2. 

they have sammy wakins a pro bowl wr also and a lot more depth at the postion they are stacked but i agree we have a much better defense and offensive line .  that is why we have to run the ball a shoot out would favor them .   our wrs drop so many passes it hurts lucks stats give luck the chiefs weapons and let him throw as much as mahomes he could easily throw for 50 tds

luck throw for 40 touch downs the year all our wrs were hurt and only had hilton and he was getting double teamed

22 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Nonsense.  Utter in fact.

1) Who cares what people will say on who should have won?  The only thing that matters is who did.

2) The Colts want to win this game just as badly as the Chiefs do.  There is pressure on both teams to advance to the next round.

Ok man, Im not going to explain how expectation/pressure works. Are you familiar with the words Overachieving and Underachieving? 

I totally agree with the things you said about Hooker 

12 hours ago, neug3246 said:

Games like this is why we drafted him 15th overall in the draft 2 years ago. This could very well be Hookers coming out game 2 seasons in.

I worry most about middle-of-field coverage not deep balls. Leonard is a rookie, his coverage skills are still a work in progress, and I'm not sure he's totally healthy (thinking esp of the play Lamar Miller broke his ankles).  

• Like 1

Some of my faves from their board: (This is all in fun btw)

This time we have Peyton Manning and they have Trent Green.
I think this offense is going to rape that defense, really.

I wouldn't want our D to meet the Texans offense, but the Colts don't really bother be all that much. 

Colts dream streak of beating bottom-feeders ends....they have two rookies on their o-line.

The Colts have literally beaten nobody all year (no, Houston doesn't count)

Mahomes is better than Luck as is Andy Reid over Reich.

Dirty hits are really the only prayer the colts have of stopping us.

Luck is slow footed and not as effective without a clean pocket.

17 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

He has better stats than Luck but that doesn't mean he's better. Obviously you haven't seen him play too much, probably mostly highlights. KC throws alot, even at GL, which pads offensive stats.He's 0-4 in big primetime games and turns ball over. 5 or 6 vs Rams.

He's 3-3 in last 6 games while Luck is 10-1.

Not sure you can say obviously I haven’t seen him play much.  I’ve seen him play plenty.  He’s mobile, accurate, and can really run that offense.   Don’t dismiss his stats.   Anyone that throws for 5k and 50 is a damn good QB and he has thrown less interceptions than Luck 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I wouldn't want our D to meet the Texans offense, but the Colts don't really bother be all that much. 

Colts dream streak of beating bottom-feeders ends....they have two rookies on their o-line.

LOL. Those are so funny because they are so false. The only true one is is beating bottom feeders. The oline one is pretty funny. Just weight until they meet the big Q.

12 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Those are bad, but I could copy and paste together a similar list just from this thread alone.    

There are homer trolls in every fan base.   I think the KC fans are very similar to the Colts fans in being pretty level headed but optimistic.  

24 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Chiefs are 2-4 vs teams in the playoffs, so uhh... it's not like they've really proved they've beaten any more better teams than we have.  After the win this weekend, we are 3-4 vs playoff teams.  We both have only beaten two different playoff teams Texans and Cowboys (Colts) and Chargers and Ravens (Chiefs).  

But good, glad to have them underestimate us.  It'll just make the hurt that much worse when we win.  I've missed being the underdogs that no one takes seriously.  Makes the Colts all the more dangerous.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

people on this board are very sensitive if you talk bad about the colts in any way i love the colts watched every game since 1999 but i tell it like i see it i am not a homer or biased in my opinions and that rubs people on here the wrong way .    no one really knows how the game is gonna go .    the chiefs could come out and blow the colts away the cheifs defense could turn it up at home and stun the colts or the colts could come out and punch the chiefs in the mouth and win big or it could be a very close game no one knows .   

the main thing for the chiefs is can mahomes carry the chiefs in the playoffs i watched manning in his prime throw monster stats up every year lead the league in touchdowns yards and almost every stat and the colts have 4 pro bowl weapons and two pro bowl pass rushers and still get bounced out of the playoffs every year except one and people would call him a choker but its not just him aaron rodgers brett farve dan marino drew breeese all had the same problems . it is the way teams are built in the post season defense wins and offensive line and running game wins while you need a franchise QB also .   

the chiefs need to play well as a team to win not just have mahomes carry them the offensive line needs to play a good game the defense needs to step up a little bit and they have to run the ball somewhat well .   with a good QB you dont have to have a elite defense or run game to win but they must play good in the playoffs and that will be the ex factor we dont know who will step up yet .

Nonsense. This forum mostly goes bananas when we get the ridiculous/extreme and obvious trolling comments, not the constructive and considered ones. So no more of that sir, or I will look for you, I will find you, and I will..........

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Nonsense. This forum mostly goes bananas when we get the ridiculous/extreme and obvious trolling comments, not the constructive and considered ones. So no more of that sir, or I will look for you, I will find you, and I will..........

Channeling your inner Liam Neeson, eh...nicely done!!! :) 

Yes, Patrick Mahomes is the X factor!!! He can do what Peyton Manning, Drew Brees etc. cannot/do not typically do during playoff time i.e. use his legs and make something happen with that ridiculous arm of his. Peyton never had a bazooka for an arm, so when they let contact go for the DBs, it was harder for him to find open guys or thread the needle in the playoffs, Brady had him beat there with a better arm where jumping a route with Brady led to an incompletion more times than an INT with Peyton. Peyton didn't typically roll out and find guys on the run nearly as much as an ARod or Luck or Mahomes can do. There is nothing Mahomes cannot do that would limit Andy's playbook whatsoever from a physical stand point, a sliver of separation and the ball is there before the defender can react. The mental stand point is where you have to test him. 

The make up of the Chiefs is the same as those Peyton Manning led teams with the "built to win with a lead" style with pass rushers but Mahomes, who has belied all expectations for him as a first year signal caller holds the key. We will find out whether he will step up and make the plays when the pressure is on or if he will bow out like all the first year playoff QBs, who underachieved, IMO, in the wild card round. 

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Channeling your inner Liam Neeson, eh...nicely done!!! :) 

Yes, Patrick Mahomes is the X factor!!! He can do what Peyton Manning, Drew Brees etc. cannot/do not typically do during playoff time i.e. use his legs and make something happen with that ridiculous arm of his. Peyton never had a bazooka for an arm, so when they let contact go for the DBs, it was harder for him to find open guys or thread the needle in the playoffs, Brady had him beat there with a better arm where jumping a route with Brady led to an incompletion more times than an INT with Peyton. Peyton didn't typically roll out and find guys on the run nearly as much as an ARod or Luck or Mahomes can do. There is nothing Mahomes cannot do that would limit Andy's playbook whatsoever from a physical stand point, a sliver of separation and the ball is there before the defender can react. The mental stand point is where you have to test him. 

The make up of the Chiefs is the same as those Peyton Manning led teams with the "built to win with a lead" style with pass rushers but Mahomes, who has belied all expectations for him as a first year signal caller holds the key. We will find out whether he will step up and make the plays when the pressure is on or if he will bow out like all the first year playoff QBs, who underachieved, IMO, in the wild card round. 

Sort of reminds me of a smoother Randall Cunningham when he was running that Minnesota offense that tore up the league up until they got beat by the Falcons.   He does a lot of damage when he gets outside the pocket.  I think we need to pin him inside the pocket as much as we can.  The Pats did that to him for much of the game they played against the Chiefs, along with jamming Kelce.  It worked for most of the first half.  Pats had a sizeable lead going into half time but then the Chiefs exploded in the second half.  I don't know what adjustments they made to stop what New England was doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

they have sammy wakins a pro bowl wr also and a lot more depth at the postion they are stacked but i agree we have a much better defense and offensive line .  that is why we have to run the ball a shoot out would favor them .   our wrs drop so many passes it hurts lucks stats give luck the chiefs weapons and let him throw as much as mahomes he could easily throw for 50 tds

luck throw for 40 touch downs the year all our wrs were hurt and only had hilton and he was getting double teamed

I just don't think that highly of Sammy Watkins.  I don't see him being that big of a factor.

I think we will do fine handling him.  Kelce and Hill are the main two.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Sort of reminds me of a smoother Randall Cunningham when he was running that Minnesota offense that tore up the league up until they got beat by the Falcons.   He does a lot of damage when he gets outside the pocket.  I think we need to pin him inside the pocket as much as we can.  The Pats did that to him for much of the game they played against the Chiefs, along with jamming Kelce.  It worked for most of the first half.  Pats had a sizeable lead going into half time but then the Chiefs exploded in the second half.  I don't know what adjustments they made to stop what New England was doing.

Simple, he figured out that the Patriots were more intent on stopping Hunt and Kelce underneath and not pressuring much, were more intent on keeping him inside the pocket. Once he got the hang of it, he started moving inside the pocket better and realized that he could use his arm to gun it into the zones before the DBs could react vs Tyreek Hill, he started winging it. That resulted in Hill going off for 3 TDs in the second half.