Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy according to chiefs fans

boo2202

8 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think you are starting to turn troll-like. Literally no one here is saying KC has no shot in Hell to win this game... so elaborate for all of us if you would please on how Colts fans are being "just as bad" as Chiefs fans on their forum. Have you been on there in a minute?.. or are you just trolling?

I have spent time on the Chiefs forum.   Sure there are some who are saying the Colts have no chance, but most are pretty level headed like we have here.   Read back in this thread and you see several Colts fans posting stuff like:

We got this, we own KC in the playoffs

We'll be able to control the game easily with our running game

I'm not trolling at all.   Do you typically feel that posters with a different opinion than yourself are trolls?

KC is the #1 seed.   Of course many of them are going to feel confident.     Just like the Colts fans feel pretty good about our team.  

• Like 1

I just think we are the better team overall. As a team I think we execute well enough on both sides of the ball to get this done. Plus we've got a top level coaching staff who can plan this right. I put my confidence in that versus the big time offense that has big time holes on their D and a history of choking in the playoffs. As a collective I think we get it done.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I just think we are the better team overall. As a team I think we execute well enough to get this done. Plus we've got a top level coaching staff who can plan this right.

I agree overall.   What worries me is the home field advantage and having had the bye week.   Those both favor KC.   I think this is 50/50.  

9 hours ago, coming on strong said:

there is no way our wrs and TE and in the same league as theirs only hilton is elite they have 2 elite big time wrs and best te in football ebron drops to many passes to be elite luck has to hit him right in chest and he still drops it .

I meant TY & Ebron is close to Hill & Kelce. Obviously our receivers beside TY are lacking. But Luck's top 2 targets are comparable to their top 2. 

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree overall.   What worries me is the home field advantage and having had the bye week.   Those both favor KC.   I think this is 50/50.  

I think they will have a hard time getting us off the field. Our runners can help quiet the crowd down. It's likely we run a lot. It's going to be loud and we will need the silent count plus a good ground game.

• Like 1

I'm telling y'all we can do this. We've seen this movie before. We saw this playing Denver and Peyton when they were putting up the most points in NFL history. We beat em in the playoffs and at home and our team was full of holes. We are a different team but don't let the point totals fool you. We've got the right parts to see this through.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think they will have a hard time getting us off the field. Our runners can help quiet the crowd down. It's likely we run a lot. It's going to be loud and we will need the silent count plus a good ground game.

I think that is the key.  If the Colts can run the ball effectively and limit the KC possessions, it may force Mahomes into making some desperate ill-advised throws.  

Like Luck, Mahomes hasn't been sacked much.  

image.png.7e363f255d4d94146807431c78eb6efa.png

• Like 3

This is going to be a tough match up only because Mahomes is playing hot right now. Their receiving core is also pretty hot right now too so we've got our hands full. I think if we can somehow throw these receivers off course at the line of scrimmage, we may give them a hard time. Especially with a "rookie" QB throwing to them. Hopefully experience plays a huge role in this game to get the win!

3 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

I feel it’s a year early for us. This season is a win no matter what happens but Chiefs fans might be right. They are going to put up 40+, can we match that?

They haven't scored 40 in their last 4 games, so them tallying

40 against our defense is not a guarantee.

8 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Who cares :dunno:

Just like here, you’ll have your mix of homers, the sky is falling, complete ignorance and somewhere in between all that a small cohort of reasonable. 

If we win our homers look like genusies, if they win theirs do. Don’t waste the mental energy on it? 

exactly, who cares, LETS PLAY BALL!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

Isn't that what they said about the Houston Texans (50/50 except for the bye)? Every team has strengths and weaknesses. Limit the strengths and expose the weaknesses. Then, see what happens.

15 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Isn't that what they said about the Houston Texans (50/50 except for the bye)? Every team has strengths and weaknesses. Limit the strengths and expose the weaknesses. Then, see what happens.

I agree, and I think the Colts can win this game.  

I think that on a neutral field, this would be a 50/50 game.

KC at home plus the bye week rest/preparation time I think gives them a bit of an upper hand.   Not insurmountable though.   

Go Colts!!!

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I have spent time on the Chiefs forum.   Sure there are some who are saying the Colts have no chance, but most are pretty level headed like we have here.   Read back in this thread and you see several Colts fans posting stuff like:

We got this, we own KC in the playoffs

We'll be able to control the game easily with our running game

I'm not trolling at all.   Do you typically feel that posters with a different opinion than yourself are trolls?

KC is the #1 seed.   Of course many of them are going to feel confident.     Just like the Colts fans feel pretty good about our team.  

I'm not sure it's a differing opinion. It's you stating Colts fans (lumping everyone on this forum into one generality) are overconfident and cocky. To me that is trolling this forum and the fans that are posting on this topic. I don't see any overconfident fans here. I see confident fans that are just happy to have a chance to make it to a conference championship. 

Also, this forum is NOTHING like the Chiefs forum. It is a bunch of unfiltered postings that are trashing everyone but their team. I have yet to see a level headed conversation of this game over there. 

• Like 1

Again guys I think your loooking at the very few ignorant chiefs fans . The vast majority of us think it’s going to be close and or a chiefs win. One thing about Mahomes Chiefs vs past is when we have lost they are 1-7 points max . Typically 1-4 points so it’s going to be close but I think the colts win. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

From my experience with him, yes...

Elaborate. There is a big difference with having differing opinions that are supported in argument than from using generalities and zero statistical/factual evidence to support your arguments. That happens on this forum an awful lot, which seems like trolling to me. 

9 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Elaborate. There is a big difference with having differing opinions that are supported in argument than from using generalities and zero statistical/factual evidence to support your arguments. That happens on this forum an awful lot, which seems like trolling to me. 

So, your the forum Police now? 

Got it! 

I was just under the impression, you liked calling Members and Senior Members who disagree with you trolls.. 

I have nothing further to add.

Good day!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

So, your the forum Police now? 

Got it! 

I was just under the impression, you liked calling Members and Senior Members who disagree with you trolls.. 

I have nothing further to add.

Good day!

Ha.. sure pal. Whatever you say. 

Good day to you. Troll. :applause:

26 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I'm not sure it's a differing opinion. It's you stating Colts fans (lumping everyone on this forum into one generality) are overconfident and cocky. To me that is trolling this forum and the fans that are posting on this topic. I don't see any overconfident fans here. I see confident fans that are just happy to have a chance to make it to a conference championship. 

Also, this forum is NOTHING like the Chiefs forum. It is a bunch of unfiltered postings that are trashing everyone but their team. I have yet to see a level headed conversation of this game over there. 

Are you resorting to making stuff up now?   I never said all Colts fans.   Back in this thread, I said a majority because at that time most of the posts had us (the Colts) winning this game.   What I seen on the Chiefs forum was the same.   Most of them had the Chiefs winning the game. 

• Like 1

Both fanbases can agree that these two teams are the new AFC powerhouses that will be dominating the conference for years.

New England looking fragile, Brady's getting older, Gronk considering retirement, and the Chargers, while being the most balanced team in the AFC, has an aging Phillip Rivers as their QB. Kansas City and Indianapolis got the juice now.

• Like 3

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Perhaps it motivates him and this defense plays so well he doesn't want to leave us yet...

I would have never guessed I would be saying this, but I hope he doesn't want to leave either way.....I think he has done a great job with what he has had to work with...

• Like 1

The Chiefs fans have every reason to feel good about their team and chances.  50 TD, >5000 yard, potential MVP QB Mahomes, etc.  They are no different in support of their team than our fans feel about Luck and the Colts.  So I ask, please let's not overreact or bring any of their details into the forum that might invite them in for flame baited rebuttals.  No matter, it should prove to be a good game.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Why even show up. They’ve got the next Tom Brady and are unbeatable. We don’t have the talent to compete with them. Colts are a bunch of no names while they’ve got all pros at every position. These guys are expecting a 50-0 game. Man have they forgotten that history repeats itself often and our no names play as a unit. Mahomes gets his first taste of playoff football Saturday and I hope it’s sour.

Do you think if the roles were reversed and KC was coming into to play the # 1 seeded Colts and their record setting QB, that Indy fans would not be full of the same confidence?  

3 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

I think the Colts win this game. Having no pressure and experience (Luck) is much easier to handle than having all the pressure and 0 experience (Mahomes)

Tell me again how the Colts would have no pressure?

12 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Do you think if the roles were reversed and KC was coming into to play the # 1 seeded Colts and their record setting QB, that Indy fans would not be full of the same confidence?  

I get why their confident, but its misguided. No first time QB has won in the playoffs without a top defense. Flacco had a top defense. Ben had a top defense. Wilson had a top defense. Brady had a very good defense. Peyton had no defense and that led to 6 years without winning a playoff game.

• Thanks 1

I honestly don't think many people are going to pick the Colts in this game.  Are they the hottest team in the NFL? Yes, are they playing great football on both sides?  Yes.  Are the playoffs about whose the hottest team/playing their best?  Yes.  But I still think most people think the Colts have a lot of no named/young players on defense and a first year coach.  A lot of people think they have overachieved.  I personally think the Colts have a shot and that this game could either way.  I do not think the Colts want to get into a shoot out with this team.  If they can run the ball, slow the game down, not commit any turnovers and force some turnovers, they will have a shot to win this game.  The Chiefs are dead last against the run I believe and not much better against the pass.  Their D is garbage.  They do have a few decent pass rushers, but nothing like Houston had.  If our o-line keeps playing the way their playing, the Colts will put up points no problem.  I am curious to see if our defense can get to Mahomes.  That offense is deadly with a lot of play makers.  Should be a great game!

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I get why their confident, but its misguided. No first time QB has won in the playoffs without a top defense. Flacco had a top defense. Ben had a top defense. Wilson had a top defense. Brady had a very good defense. Peyton had no defense and that led to 6 years without winning a playoff game.

Misguided?  Don't know about that.  I think they have plenty of reason for optimism.  

Just now, jskinnz said:

Misguided?  Don't know about that.  I think they have plenty of reason for optimism.  

You don't win in the playoff unless you have a defense. We know that truth all too well. I'm not saying we can't lose, but their acting like their gonna cruise right past us.

• Like 1