Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy according to chiefs fans

boo2202

This should be an competitive game, way more competitive than most of those posters are thinking. They should take note that the Chiefs are 2-4 vs playoff teams (the W came vc Ravens and Chargers, L to Pats, Chargers, Seattle and Rams) and 2-3 since releasing Hunt.

They have a lot of reasons to be confident, but this won't be easy, for neither team.

3 minutes ago, DrColtsFan said:

They were pretty rough over there. Telling human beings (even other chiefs fans) to go kill themselves is grotesque. Im thankful that even when arguments get heated here, that kind of behavior isn’t tolerated. 

Wow, I didn't see hose comments. That is unacceptable. 

5 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

That's regular season. Reid is a master at coming off the regular season bye week.

I knew that already so i thought I’d check his post season bye history, below is the article i found.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/26/chiefs-look-to-resume-trend-of-post-bye-week-success/amp/

once again, my bad.

Luck might put up 35. I like Mahomez and expect him to do damage too. However I want to see what happens if we keep him pinned up in the pocket. Seems to make many plays getting out the pocket. He can throw from the pocket but big damage seems to be made when he gets out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kornstar said:

My bad, when i googled, the article i found said he had never lost in the play offs after the bye.

I heard media people talking baout his wins after the bye, too, even though he just lost last the time lol. 

I really hope we win. This will be the toughest offense we have faced all season. 

With that being said, I just have a gut feeling that we will win. 

12 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

This should be an competitive game, way more competitive than most of those posters are thinking. They should take note that the Chiefs are 2-4 vs playoff teams (the W came vc Ravens and Chargers, L to Pats, Chargers, Seattle and Rams) and 2-3 since releasing Hunt.

They have a lot of reasons to be confident, but this won't be easy, for neither team.

Wow, I didn't see hose comments. That is unacceptable. 

Yea a poster names pugsnotdrugs said it to our cantbestopped but also had said it several pages earlier to a different chiefs fan who voiced some doubts about their team. 

3 minutes ago, DrColtsFan said:

They think their dline is going to whoop on our Oline because we are rookies. Oh ok. Laughing so hard I’m crying. 

Yeah hence they really don’t know anything lol.  It’s most likely going to be a really good game but garbage teams even put up 25+ points on them like clockwork.  

The game can go either way.

But we have the edge at QB and btw I like my QB's looking where they throw.

Our WR & TE vs theirs is probably a push.

Our OL is better.

Our Defense is better.

We're a Balanced team. We're capable of running, passing, play good defense.

They can only pass.

We're 4-0 vs Chiefs in playoffs.

• Like 3

Well, tbh, if I were to bet on this game, I'd probably put money on the Chiefs.  I definitely don't think we'll be blown out, and I do believe we can win, but I think they have too many weapons and some of our defensive personnel may get exposed.

I'm a little worried about the offense too.  We really only seem to be great on offense for 30 minutes at a time lately.  The Giants, we came alive at the end, and against the Titans and Texans, we were impotent after halftime.

An argument could be made for the latter two that it was somewhat by design to chew clock, which is somewhat my hope.  We'll see I suppose.

This will be a great test for us though. Hope we can pull it out!!

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

Chiefs this year are the Colts of old....amazing offense but very poor defense.

We've seen this movie a few times plus this is Mahomes first playoff game.

Not saying Colts will win, but they're the type of team that beat the Colts of old. Balanced, clock killing offense. Plus the Colts qb is playoff battle tested. 

Bet this game will be in the 20s.

This Colts team is what we feared the most back then. An offense that can run the ball and control a game. A defense that can force turnovers. I feel GOOD. This is what playoff football is about. We are playing dang good football right now and have nothing to lose... we aren't supposed to be here. 

Chiefs fans are nervous man. They know their defense is going to struggle. They are afraid to death that Mahomes will come out and not be the same dominant qb they watched all season. They are superstitious and panicking at their history with the Colts in the postseason... but acting like it ain't no thing. 

Go Horse.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You nailed it, they have no clue and after Saturday they will be on the Luck bandwagon :thmup:. I am leaning toward us winning as of now, just a feeling I have. I can see something like 31-30 with Vinny nailing the game winner.

I want to save the Vinny game winner for the Super Bowl... at least conference championship in NE. 

Let's just win by two scores again, and enjoy the rest of the games next weekend, how's that sound?

• Like 3

This game will not reach more than 30 points if we run the ball down their throats. The Colts can have long sustaining drives, and the defense is fine with you taking all game to score 7 points. Colts defense is built to stop the big play. So let's see what happens. People been disrespectful of the Colts all year and we're 10-1

• Like 3

When I read a KC fans says they are not nervous about this game, it tells me they are.  KC has a lot more pressure on them, performing up to a #1 standard while being a new kid on the block.  Plus the Colts are their playoff nemesis, 4-0.  Similar to Luck has never lost to the Titans.

Mahomes is super young QB, had a great year and as an ultra bright future.  However, he is young, in his 2nd year, 1st as a starter and we shall see.

Similar to Houston, KC is a good team, I would not call them a great team, they have weakness which we will try to exploit.  Like our 1975 Colt team that made the playoffs after a 1-4 start.  We lost to defending Super Bowl Champs, Pittsburgh Steelers, enroute to their dynasty, and arguably the best team in NFL history.  The Chiefs are not event close to the Steeler comparison is strength and dominance.

I really like our chances.  The Colts are playing loose with extreme confidence.  I some announces, to include Bill Cowher in specific, said he would be surprised if the Colts beat the Chiefs.  Last week, we beat the the Titans in the flexed late Sunday game. The game was not even started exactly one week ago.  We played yesterday, so not Colts are already resting at home in Indy.  Has a normal 7 day preparation instead on a 6- day preparation.  Plus, anticipate DL Tyquan Lewis should be back from his injury.  

I know the Chiefs are concerned and are hoping to get this monkey off their back.  They are going to have to earn it, Luck and Colts are not going to lay down on them.  We may beat like we beat Houston but score more. 

3 minutes ago, Caffrey said:

When I read a KC fans says they are not nervous about this game, it tells me they are.  KC has a lot more pressure on them, performing up to a #1 standard while being a new kid on the block.  Plus the Colts are their playoff nemesis, 4-0.  Similar to Luck has never lost to the Titans.

Mahomes is super young QB, had a great year and as an ultra bright future.  However, he is young, in his 2nd year, 1st as a starter and we shall see.

Similar to Houston, KC is a good team, I would not call them a great team, they have weakness which we will try to exploit.  Like our 1975 Colt team that made the playoffs after a 1-4 start.  We lost to defending Super Bowl Champs, Pittsburgh Steelers, enroute to their dynasty, and arguably the best team in NFL history.  The Chiefs are not event close to the Steeler comparison is strength and dominance.

I really like our chances.  The Colts are playing loose with extreme confidence.  I some announces, to include Bill Cowher in specific, said he would be surprised if the Colts beat the Chiefs.  Last week, we beat the the Titans in the flexed late Sunday game. The game was not even started exactly one week ago.  We played yesterday, so not Colts are already resting at home in Indy.  Has a normal 7 day preparation instead on a 6- day preparation.  Plus, anticipate DL Tyquan Lewis should be back from his injury.  

I know the Chiefs are concerned and are hoping to get this monkey off their back.  They are going to have to earn it, Luck and Colts are not going to lay down on them.  We may beat like we beat Houston but score more. 

... they are crapping their pants. See my post above. 

27 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Our OL is better.

Our Defense is better.

They can only pass.

I watched some off the Seahawks game and they looked like they could run to me.  The good news is our run defense is STOUT!

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I want to save the Vinny game winner for the Super Bowl... at least conference championship in NE. 

Let's just win by two scores again, and enjoy the rest of the games next weekend, how's that sound?

We are definitely now playing with house money. We went 10-6 and won a huge Playoff game over a Division rival at Houston to regain AFC South dominance. In no way am I content but if the season does end Saturday we have nothing to feel bad about. NFL Network had us ranked 32nd and nobody had us winning 10 games and a Playoff game before the season. Andrew is healthy and we have a ton of Draft picks and tons of money under the Salary Cap. Future is ours :thmup:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I heard media people talking baout his wins after the bye, too, even though he just lost last the time lol. 

I really hope we win. This will be the toughest offense we have faced all season. 

With that being said, I just have a gut feeling that we will win. 

We have a great chance. It has to be a shootout I’d imagine cause both offenses are great.

I believe our defence is better and their offense is better so if we can get a few stops that might just be enough......

Mahomes has handled the pressure well in big games this year but on the biggest stage with 2 weeks to think about it we are certainly going to learn something about him.

I can’t wait!!!!

2 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Why even show up. They’ve got the next Tom Brady and are unbeatable. We don’t have the talent to compete with them. Colts are a bunch of no names while they’ve got all pros at every position. These guys are expecting a 50-0 game. Man have they forgotten that history repeats itself often and our no names play as a unit. Mahomes gets his first taste of playoff football Saturday and I hope it’s sour.

Email the links to Reich, let him show our guys what’s being said. This game gonna be a fight, it’s Rocky vs Apollo, who wins will come down to the final buzzard

I'm not overconfident.  In fact, if I were putting my hard-earned money down I'd probably take the Chiefs.  With that said, ANYBODY who is discounting this Colts team right now is crazy.  Not only are they as hot as anybody in the league, they appear to be well-balanced and can win in a variety of ways.  I expect the Chiefs to win a hard-fought close game, but it would not surprise me either if the Colts found yet another way to end the Chief's season.  I could see something like a 34-31 game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Our OL is better.

Our Defense is better.

They can only pass.

deleting post.   

I understand you have an opinion but Mahomes has had a better season than Luck

2 hours ago, CamMo said:

Malik Hooker could be a huge injury to watch this week. We need him to help with Hill.

Could get ugly. Could be close. I really don’t know. All I know if Patrick Mahomes can be scary good. He just makes plays.

Hooker is hurt? Are you sure about that?

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Our OL is better.

Our Defense is better.

They can only pass.

I think QB's are a push.  WR's to KC.  RB's to Indy.   Defense to Indy.  

38 minutes ago, Myles said:

Funny how this thread is about overconfident KC fans and I see the majority of Colts fans overconfident in the Colts.

I don't think anyone here is confident that we are going to win, let alone overconfident. I think we are confident that we are going to compete and give their defense a hard time all night long. I'm confident that Chiefs fans are pooping their pants right now, and acting like this is going to be a cake walk. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

deleting post.   

I understand you have an opinion but Mahomes has had a better season than Luck

So? Sometimes you have a good season lol. I still take Luck over mahomes personally. 1 year is lot enough for me to believe in him long term, especially with his stacked skill players. Luck has TY and then it drops off pretty steeply. Sure Ebron and Inman do well for us but I think Luck elevates them.

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Don't the chiefs talk like this every time they play us? Don't the cheifs have one if the worse playoff coaches? Haven't the chiefs lost to us every playoff game? Colts are 4-0 vs them in the playoffs.

Yeah I was reading their forums. They don't think the Colts have a run game lmao.

LMAOOOOOO

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

Funny how this thread is about overconfident KC fans and I see the majority of Colts fans overconfident in the Colts.

I don't think anyone is over confident but their fans are disrespecting us on their Forum board. All we are saying is it will be a great game. This game scares me because they have a QB that is equal with ours. 

• Like 2

Not that yards tell an entire story, but they're 31st in that category. They allow 405 yards a game. It breaks down to 275 passing and 135 running.

It shows you can move the ball on them. Just have to do what we've been doing. I also think if they allow an average of 135 on the ground, if our guys play like we know they can they can easily get us a 200 yard day.

That would be huge in chewing the clock.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think anyone is over confident but their fans are disrespecting us on their Forum board. All we are saying is it will be a great game. This game scares me because they have a QB that is equal with ours. 

I think Colts fans are being just as bad.  

I think it could go either way.  The Colts are hotter, but home team have an advantage.  Teams coming off a bye week also have an advantage.