Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh boy according to chiefs fans

boo2202

Why even show up. They’ve got the next Tom Brady and are unbeatable. We don’t have the talent to compete with them. Colts are a bunch of no names while they’ve got all pros at every position. These guys are expecting a 50-0 game. Man have they forgotten that history repeats itself often and our no names play as a unit. Mahomes gets his first taste of playoff football Saturday and I hope it’s sour.

• Like 5

Chiefs this year are the Colts of old....amazing offense but very poor defense.

We've seen this movie a few times plus this is Mahomes first playoff game.

Not saying Colts will win, but they're the type of team that beat the Colts of old. Balanced, clock killing offense. Plus the Colts qb is playoff battle tested. 

Bet this game will be in the 20s.

• Like 7

I’m confident in our guys and I think we’re going to win, but I will say that since our 10-1 run, KC is the first real elite team we’re about play. Houston, Dallas, and Tennessee are all good, but not at KCs level.

KCs secondary is trash and they suck against the run but they do have a pass rush. If we fall behind and are forced to throw it plays right into their hands.

But then again, we did just shut down JJ and Clowney...

I got Colts 34-31

Vinny wins it at the buzzer

• Like 1

I’d be confident too if i were a Chiefs fan, their offense is phenomenal!

Reid’s record after a bye and some of our injuries give them the advantage but we’ve all been waiting for us to lose at some point and we just won’t.

If we can keep up with them and be close in the 4th quarter then we have a great chance......

Just now, DraftMaster said:

We're going to be cooking in the Chefs kitchen next week!

The Colts can beat them.  I fully expect the trend will continue with playoffs jitters with Mahomes as well.

The Colts will have to get better pressure on Mahomes, than they did Watson though.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I’m confident in our guys and I think we’re going to win, but I will say that since our 10-1 run, KC is the first real elite team we’re about play. Houston, Dallas, and Tennessee are all good, but not at KCs level.

KCs secondary is trash and they suck against the run but they do have a pass rush. If we fall behind and are forced to throw it plays right into their hands.

I got Colts 34-31

I think it would be more accurate to say the Chiefs are the first elite OFFENSE we'll play. All 3 of the teams you cite have much better defenses than the Chiefs. You could call the Texans' D elite.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

they need to go and watch the 2000s colts. High flying offense means squat if you can't run the ball and can't stop the run and right now they can't do either. Good luck with your one trick pony offense. 

That's the spirit! Also these 1st time playoff qb's have been pretty bad so we could see that trend continue with Mahomes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

We will control the ball against that defense and Keep them  from getting

in a good rhythm. Also, our defense negates big plays and that is the Chief's bread and butter.

Make Mahomes sustain long drives and mistakes will happen.

Totally agree!

• Like 1

Don't the chiefs talk like this every time they play us? Don't the cheifs have one if the worse playoff coaches? Haven't the chiefs lost to us every playoff game? Colts are 4-0 vs them in the playoffs.

Yeah I was reading their forums. They don't think the Colts have a run game lmao.

• Like 1

I think its hilarious that when a fellow Colts fan on their forum mentioned their god-awful defense, they reply saying Berry will make all the difference. As if a safety, talented as he is, will make a historically bad defense good all of a sudden. Sorry but that distinction is only for Bob. And Berry aint no prime Bob. I expect us to run Mack down their throats. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Calmack said:

I think its hilarious that when a fellow Colts fan on their forum mentioned their god-awful defense, they reply saying Berry will make all the difference. As if a safety, talented as he is, will make a historically bad defense good all of a sudden. Sorry but that distinction is only for Bob. And Berry aint no prime Bob. I expect us to run Mack down their throats. 

Bob Sanders did in 2006! Yikes! I don't see Berry doing that.

16 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I got Colts 34-31

Will be a good test for our rematch in the SB vs the saints.

4 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

That's the spirit! Also these 1st time playoff qb's have been pretty bad so we could see that trend continue with Mahomes.

I respect the chiefs, but right now I want to beat the bricks off them. Their fans will change their tone when we hit them in the mouth. They have another thing coming if they think we're gonna be push overs

• Like 4

There's a blue print to beating high power offenses in the postseason. Being Colts fans, we've seen it first hand. Run the ball, stop the run, control the clock, pressure the QB ect. 

The Colts can win, but Mahomes is a handful. Should be interesting. Luck being awesome for four quarters would help.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Why even show up. They’ve got the next Tom Brady and are unbeatable. We don’t have the talent to compete with them. Colts are a bunch of no names while they’ve got all pros at every position. These guys are expecting a 50-0 game. Man have they forgotten that history repeats itself often and our no names play as a unit. Mahomes gets his first taste of playoff football Saturday and I hope it’s sour.

They have a right to be butt hurt since they’re completely defeated by the Colts in the playoffs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I think it would be more accurate to say the Chiefs are the first elite OFFENSE we'll play. All 3 of the teams you cite have much better defenses than the Chiefs. You could call the Texans' D elite.

the pats offense beat the chiefs id say they were more elite 

24 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Malik Hooker could be a huge injury to watch this week. We need him to help with Hill.

Could get ugly. Could be close. I really don’t know. All I know if Patrick Mahomes can be scary good. He just makes plays.

Eh, Hooker returned right after the injury and played the rest of the game, he should  be fine, especially  considering it's the playoffs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Calmack said:

I'm pretty sure I was that colts fan:rock:

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, kornstar said:

I’d be confident too if i were a Chiefs fan, their offense is phenomenal!

Reid’s record after a bye and some of our injuries give them the advantage but we’ve all been waiting for us to lose at some point and we just won’t.

If we can keep up with them and be close in the 4th quarter then we have a great chance......

Last time Andy Reid had a bye, his team lost. Lol

They lost in the 2016 season post season to the Steelers. 

• Thanks 1

Right now the Colts are the more complete, more physical, team.  We have been in playoff mode for over a month and are downright loose about it.  We have Andrew Luck who has been here before.  On the other side, the Chiefs have an elite, high powered offense and a MVP first year QB in Mahomes.  We have seen already that many of these inexperienced QBs have struggled in the playoffs. This one will be coming off a bye.  The Chiefs defense is also very suspect.  If the Colts come out and play the smash mouth style they are capable of then I like our chances of punching the Chiefs out the playoffs.  But if we need to out score them I trust Andrew Luck to go to work on them. The Colts have shown they can win in multiple ways.  That’s the sign of a versatile, well balanced team.  The Chiefs are one dimensional.  I think Indy will find a way to advance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Last time Andy Reid had a bye, his team lost. Lol

They lost in the 2016 season post season to the Steelers. 

My bad, when i googled, the article i found said he had never lost in the play offs after the bye.