Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL is ok with a conf. championship game in a 30,000 seat stadium ?

HOF19

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

That is crazy. Are they getting a new stadium.  I think the chargers can beat the pats.

I have read many NFL media articles lately laced with points of view hinting real doubts about the Pats .

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Where are the rams playing now? Anyway they could play that game there?

In the Coliseum, where USC plays there home games. Certainly is large enough but I'm sure the Chargers are contractually obligated to play at Stubhub Field.

• Like 1

I don't want to play the Patriots because I can't stand watching them, and losing to them would be another sickening feeling I don't want to go through again.  But they are weak right now and we seem strong, so... anything could happen.

Just need to beat KC first, and that is NOT going to be easy.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

KC's D is not elite caliber.  Their QB can kill you if he gets loose or makes those insane throws he is capable of.  Colts D will be tested.  Good luck, (but then you have LUCK!)

U2...we are both trying to exercise demons with NE. Good luck!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

They're going to share the new Rams stadium.....

Why didnt they stay in San Diego until that new stadium was built?

Uh. I dont know.:thinking:

Because then you give the Rams 3 years head start in winning over the LA fan base. Best to get there and start competing for those LA marketing dollars and fans. That said they should never left San Diego. When they have more opposing fans then their own that is sad. Same thing will happen when the Raiders move to Vegas. How many away fans are going to take a cheap flight and weekend in Vegas and take in a game? I know I will...wife is actually more excited than me.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Because then you give the Rams 3 years head start in winning over the LA fan base. Best to get there and start competing for those LA marketing dollars and fans. That said they should never left San Diego. When they have more opposing fans then their own that is sad. Same thing will happen when the Raiders move to Vegas. How many away fans are going to take a cheap flight and weekend in Vegas and take in a game? I know I will...wife is actually more excited than me.

Can't argue with any of your points, San Diego didn't deserve the Chargers.  They didn't have a choice in the end...  however a Superbowl win would go a long way to win San Diegans back and new fans in L.A.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I have 100% confidence in the officiating crew. They will defeat the Chargers. No worries for the NFL

I don't.  The NFL has argued in court that they are entertainment, not a sport. Therefore, they want the best entertainment and not the best teams. They can easily allows the refs to influence the games the way they want them to. They can ensure KC wins and have a NE vs KC or LA vs KC matchup. Both are better stories and with the bigger stadium the teams and NFL will make more money.

TMuiJgS.jpg

It's time to take off the tinfoil hats guys. If the NFL was in the business of making sure they got the "better stories" or could make the absolute most money then every year we should see the Jets, Bears, Giants, Rams, Chargers, Texans, and Eagles winning the Super Bowl. I'm sure Roger Goodell and the guys in the NFL accounting department would love to see that happen, but I just refuse to believe that they would influence games to make these things happen. Maybe I am naive but I don't think so.

21 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Its actually possible that both the AFCC and the NFCC could be in lA

Both games are on the same day.  Can you imagine the logistical mess if that happened?

The NFCCG is at 3:05, then the AFCCG is at 6:40... in the same stadium?  What if the first game goes to OT?  How is the parking going to work?  The locker rooms?

How do they shuttle out the fans from the 1st game so the fans of the 2nd game can get in and to their seats by kickoff?  And what about the fans from the 1st game that just go hide in the bathroom until the 2nd game starts, then go watch from the aisle and get to watch both championship games for the price of one?

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Maybe to avoid this whole mess... they let Indy host the AFCCG?  LA isn't really a home-field advantage for the Chargers anyway...  :thmup:

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Both games are on the same day.  Can you imagine the logistical mess if that happened?

The NFCCG is at 3:05, then the AFCCG is at 6:40... in the same stadium?  What if the first game goes to OT?  How is the parking going to work?  The locker rooms?

How do they shuttle out the fans from the 1st game so the fans of the 2nd game can get in and to their seats by kickoff?  And what about the fans from the 1st game that just go hide in the bathroom until the 2nd game starts, then go watch from the aisle and get to watch both championship games for the price of one?

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

Maybe to avoid this whole mess... they let Indy host the AFCCG?  LA isn't really a home-field advantage for the Chargers anyway...  :thmup:

If the Rams and Eagles win, it would be Eagles at Rams NFCC in LA, if the Colts and Chargers win it would be Colts at Chargers AFCC in LA.... i really wonder how that would go down

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I don't.  The NFL has argued in court that they are entertainment, not a sport. Therefore, they want the best entertainment and not the best teams. They can easily allows the refs to influence the games the way they want them to. They can ensure KC wins and have a NE vs KC or LA vs KC matchup. Both are better stories and with the bigger stadium the teams and NFL will make more money.

I think you misread my post...

On 1/6/2019 at 4:03 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Haven’t all the chargers losses come at home.

All but one.. all the Pats losses have come on the road. Matter fact they look like a totally different team (both Pats and Chargers) at home.

Also Pats have beaten some really good teams at home this year. (KC,Chicago,Texans, etc)

On 1/7/2019 at 5:05 AM, Narcosys said:

Better story line? A better line than Pats v Colts and going threw the rivalry during the Manning years.. see the headline now “is the rivalry back? Will Luck finally figure out the evil mastermind Plans and win against NE?” Come on it’s the classic good guy v bad guy.. earth hoodie vs young skywalker lol

7 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Better story line? A better line than Pats v Colts and going threw the rivalry during the Manning years.. see the headline now “is the rivalry back? Will Luck finally figure out the evil mastermind Plans and win against NE?” Come on it’s the classic good guy v bad guy.. earth hoodie vs young skywalker lol

Mahomes and the Chiefs are the new "hotness" and we have seen the Luck vs Brady already several times and the outcome is always the same. Not sure if they want that again when they can have the league MVP vs the arguable GOAT, one starting his career being great and one finishing his career. Plus a Chiefs/Saints SB is the prolific marquee matchup that the NFL wants to see, tons of points in that matchup 75pt over/under.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I would bet they would shift one of the games to the other day.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't already rules/guidance in place for just such as scenario.  

The Jets and Giants share a stadium and play in different conferences. I'm sure there's some kind of contingency in place.

This season, if the Rams and Chargers host the championship games, I figure they'd play at their own stadiums. I wouldn't expect the NFL to move the Chargers game.

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

The Jets and Giants share a stadium and play in different conferences. I'm sure there's some kind of contingency in place.

This season, if the Rams and Chargers host the championship games, I figure they'd play at their own stadiums. I wouldn't expect the NFL to move the Chargers game.

They could schedule one game early afternoon and one at night.

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Mahomes and the Chiefs are the new "hotness" and we have seen the Luck vs Brady already several times and the outcome is always the same. Not sure if they want that again when they can have the league MVP vs the arguable GOAT, one starting his career being great and one finishing his career. Plus a Chiefs/Saints SB is the prolific marquee matchup that the NFL wants to see, tons of points in that matchup 75pt over/under.

What you are saying is eerily possible, much to the chagrin of this Colts fan!!!

Russell Okung touched on it: 

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/chargers-lt-russell-okung-takes-shot-roger-goodell/story?id=60214851

By making sure the Chiefs win, the NFL is guaranteed the playoffs go through KC and not through the Chargers' stadium since the Chargers game is not till Sunday. 

Cue that to the conspiracy theories floating around. We still have 2 teams with owners that died in running for the SB (Jared's dead owner theory that a team with a dead owner wins the SB, lol :)) - Chargers and Saints. Seahawks and Texans were eliminated in the wild card round. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

What you are saying is eerily possible, much to the chagrin of this Colts fan!!!

Russell Okung touched on it: 

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/chargers-lt-russell-okung-takes-shot-roger-goodell/story?id=60214851

By making sure the Chiefs win, the NFL is guaranteed the playoffs go through KC and not through the Chargers' stadium since the Chargers game is not till Sunday. 

Cue that to the conspiracy theories floating around. We still have 2 teams with owners that died in running for the SB (Jared's dead owner theory that a team with a dead owner wins the SB, lol :)) - Chargers and Saints. Seahawks and Texans were eliminated in the wild card round. 

Never heard the "dead owner theory" before... I wonder if it keeps owners up at night, bwahahaha!

On 1/8/2019 at 2:42 PM, Superman said:

I heard they were going to start working on this plan as soon as they solved the “hades freezing over” plan. 

2 hours ago, coltsva said:

I heard they were going to start working on this plan as soon as they solved the “hades freezing over” plan. 

It's as simple as playing one game Saturday. They'll have a similar issue if the Rams and Chargers both host a championship game starting in 2020.