Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Going to Kansas City?

Restored

Hi, 

I'm gonna drive down to KC on Friday! My flight will touchdown in Chicago on Thursday and I guess one day should be enough time for the drive. 

Do you guys have a seat section recommendation for me? Saw on ticketmaster that tickets are still available in nearly all sections, but I don't want to sit in the middle of only Chiefs fans. :) Is there a section for like visitor fans?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboooy said:

Hi, 

I'm gonna drive down to KC on Friday! My flight will touchdown in Chicago on Thursday and I guess one day should be enough time for the drive. 

Do you guys have a seat section recommendation for me? Saw on ticketmaster that tickets are still available in nearly all sections, but I don't want to sit in the middle of only Chiefs fans. :) Is there a section for like visitor fans?

I don’t know anything about thier stadium or where the opposing fans tend to sit....our tix are in section 314 row 13. We went cheap, $130 total each, upper level nosebleeds. 

Hi hozer, 

thanks for the reply. Got a ticket in section 340 (guess that's the opposite side of you). Not perfect, but I'm happy that I can attend the game. 

If you guys want to meet up prior to kick-off, just let me know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBlueStuff said:

Bought my ticket today. Making the drive on Friday. Got any hotel recommendations? Is the stadium close to downtown?

The stadium is on the outskirts of town. Not much out there other than a few hotels, a Denny's, and fast food......all I can remember anyway.

1 hour ago, MrBlueStuff said:

Bought my ticket today. Making the drive on Friday. Got any hotel recommendations? Is the stadium close to downtown?

Staying at a hotel nearby the stadium, WoodSpring suites.....it’s .5 miles away, never stayed there but looks like a decent joint, nothing too fancy. Will probably be putting Uber to use Friday instead of driving.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 12:46 PM, cowboooy said:

Hi hozer, 

thanks for the reply. Got a ticket in section 340 (guess that's the opposite side of you). Not perfect, but I'm happy that I can attend the game. 

If you guys want to meet up prior to kick-off, just let me know. 

Hey man, we will be in section 344 so not far away. Will PM you. Trying to round up other fans to meet up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Restored said:

Hey man, we will be in section 344 so not far away. Will PM you. Trying to round up other fans to meet up.

My wife and I are trying to get there. Got babysitting hurdles to clear.

Are you getting into town on Friday or Saturday?

• Like 1

I live in KC but won't be going to the game.  While you are here I would recommend:

Try to get a seat at Q39.  One of the best BBQ places in a place known for BBQ.  That place is always packed so, if you want a hole in the wall type place, go to Woodyard BBQ in Merriam, KS.  If you are staying near the stadium it will be a bit of a drive but not too bad, 20-30 minutes.  Then of course, Jack Stack never disappoints.

Also the Stadium on the East side of town.  There are some very cool places in downtown KC or the Plaza and there will be some good night life at those locations.  But with traffic on game down expect about 1 to 1-1/2 hours to get from your hotel to parking your car.

For beer, everyone knows Boulevard Brewery and they have some good stuff but to go off the beaten path a bit, the KC Bier Company has some excellent beer and usually a bit stronger than Boulevard (whom, IMO is becoming more like a macro brewery rather than a micro)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I live in KC but won't be going to the game.  While you are here I would recommend:

Try to get a seat at Q39.  One of the best BBQ places in a place known for BBQ.  That place is always packed so, if you want a hole in the wall type place, go to Woodyard BBQ in Merriam, KS.  If you are staying near the stadium it will be a bit of a drive but not too bad, 20-30 minutes.  Then of course, Jack Stack never disappoints.

Also the Stadium on the East side of town.  There are some very cool places in downtown KC or the Plaza and there will be some good night life at those locations.  But with traffic on game down expect about 1 to 1-1/2 hours to get from your hotel to parking your car.

For beer, everyone knows Boulevard Brewery and they have some good stuff but to go off the beaten path a bit, the KC Bier Company has some excellent beer and usually a bit stronger than Boulevard (whom, IMO is becoming more like a macro brewery rather than a micro)

Thanks for the advice, it’s been 20 years since I was in Kansas City, my now ex wife did an internship at General Mills while in college, stayed with her on weekends. Had a blast. I remember having some darn good bbq at a hole in the wall place but can’t remember name. Also ate at KC Masterpiece restaurant? That place still there? You’re welcome to come meet us  for a drink wherever we end up even if you’re not going to game. The more Colts fans the better!!!!

• Like 1

Yup, my son & I are flying in for the game from Winnipeg!   Arriving Friday, leaving Monday. Staying across from Arrowhead at the Drury Inn. 

Tickets on the Colts side, lower bowl around the 40-ish yard line, row 15. 

Reservations already made for Q39 (yum) and the Majestic Restaurant. Never been to the Majestic before, but this will be my 2nd visit to Q39. 

Hoping for some good tailgating pregame with fellow Colts fans!  Maybe even a few of you from this forum!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Yup, my son & I are flying in for the game from Winnipeg!   Arriving Friday, leaving Monday. Staying across from Arrowhead at the Drury Inn. 

Tickets on the Colts side, lower bowl around the 40-ish yard line, row 15. 

Reservations already made for Q39 (yum) and the Majestic Restaurant. Never been to the Majestic before, but this will be my 2nd visit to Q39. 

Hoping for some good tailgating pregame with fellow Colts fans!  Maybe even a few of you from this forum!

Awesome!! Hope to see you down there on Saturday before the game!

• Like 1

Anyone going to Arrowhead for the first time (like me) might find this link helpful: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/2/16842120/tips-wanted-for-going-to-the-chiefs-game

Sounds like it might be necessary to get to the stadium 2-3 hours early to ensure you get parked and inside in time for kickoff. I’m sure the possible snow won’t help to speed things up either.

• Like 1

Woohoo, getting closer to Gameday! :) 

Will leave Germany in less than 24hrs and will be down in KC Friday evening. I can't wait to see the game!

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn on Main and 45th. Meeting some fellow Colts fans would be awesome! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cowboooy said:

Woohoo, getting closer to Gameday! :) 

Will leave Germany in less than 24hrs and will be down in KC Friday evening. I can't wait to see the game!

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn on Main and 45th. Meeting some fellow Colts fans would be awesome! 

Germany? Wow, now that’s dedication, my 7 hour drive doesn’t seem so bad now, lol.  I’ll shoot you a pm, I know a couple other people have mentioned meeting up down there, and there’s some Blue Crew members that are supposed to be down there too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Germany? Wow, now that’s dedication, my 7 hour drive doesn’t seem so bad now, lol.  I’ll shoot you a pm, I know a couple other people have mentioned meeting up down there, and there’s some Blue Crew members that are supposed to be down there too.

Germany, now that is great stuff :scoregood:

I’ll tell you what, whenever I’ve gone to a home game at Lucas against the Chiefs, thier fans have traveled pretty well. When they were doing well during game, they’d start thier battle chant, and it actually got pretty loud at times, and a little creepy! Hope I don’t have to hear that too much this weekend, lol! The fans themselves seemed pretty nice and not jerks like some of the other teams fans who shall remain nameless.....Looking forward to tailgating and some friendly discussion among football fans!!!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:04 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I want to go as i go to Missouri State, but don't know who I'd even go with

Why do you have to go with anyone. Pick a ticket on the visitors side and make new friends.

• Like 1

As an added note, KC is one of my favorite stadiums.

Great people..... be nice..... they will be very nice

The people next to us, were frying a turkey that they shared with us

(We shared our beer)

Be a Colts "ambassador" every NFL stadium

My stadium visits

Denver - Great people 

Green Bay - Great people

Jacksonville - Very good...... I got rip roaring drunk with some Jags fans before the game

Houston - Very good ....... M)y 10 year old son (at the time, wearing a Colts jersey, stands up and says on the bus  "We are going to kick your butts" .....  people laughed

Dallas - Very good

New Orleans - Very Good

Baltimore Stadium - Good (I called in on the way from the game to a local radio station as the Colts fan, one of my favorite old Colts was radio announcing . Stan White...... I was on the local radio for 10 mins or so

New England - Some good fans, some bad

NY Giants stadium - Meh

Cleveland (Old stadium) - Not good - Fights everywhere

Pittsburgh - People wanted to fight me (just because I am wearing a Colts Jersey)

Chicago - People wanted to fight me because of the jersey

Cincinnati - Meh

Miami - Meh

I hope to get to Tennessee stadium next year

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Never been big on going to games/movies/shows byself. 

Ah. With two kids, the wife and I actually enjoy going to a movie sometimes by ourselves. We'll take turns if it something we want to see but can't take the kids to. 

But game wise I haven't been to one by myself, but I personally would be open to it scanned meeting new people. To each his own though. Maybe somebody here, if you can call knowing someone by message board discussions lol.

• Like 1