Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts First Half - Second Half

King Colt

First Half:  Colts came out with a nine plays, 70 yards drive-TD. Second possession- 9 plays, 75 yds. -TD. Third possession INT. Fourth possession- 7 plays, 65 yds.-TD.

Second Half: Punt, punt, punt, punt. Will this work in the next three games if they get there? 

They played the score, and I was glad they did, especially after the tipped INT tonight and the pick 6 vs. Tennessee.

Would they do the same vs. KC, NE or New Orleans?  Not sure, but give me a 3 TD lead and I'll worry about it later.

• Like 2

Soft in pass coverage , or not, that was a darn good defense we played with a legend of a coach.

I think it was a combination of them blitzing and adjusting, our offense trying to keep clock moving with a gealthy lead, and Watson's legs.

I think it was an excellent gameplan on both sides.  Even when we werent scoring and punting, we were still controlling the pace and field position i felt.

We scored first, established favorable field position, and played solid defense.  I really like what I'm seeing.  Very excited to see how we stack up against an explosive team in a tough environment.

LOVE this team

23 minutes ago, #12. said:

They played the score, and I was glad they did, especially after the tipped INT tonight and the pick 6 vs. Tennessee.

Would they do the same vs. KC, NE or New Orleans?  Not sure, but give me a 3 TD lead and I'll worry about it later.

That’s how I felt and the Colts has confidence in their D that’s for sure.  They had confidence in my opinion that it would take the Texans a long time to score, which it did.  At the end of the game it paid off as well with Mack shredding them up.  I do think they could’ve extended some of the drives by getting Hines involved though.  I feel he’s their best pass catching back.

• Like 1

There were a couple of drops as well which killed momentum but the good part was that we didn’t need that momentum so there was no urgency from the offense.

I think if the Texans were closer then Luck gets the offense moving like he normally does when it matters.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

First Half:  Colts came out with a nine plays, 70 yards drive-TD. Second possession- 9 plays, 75 yds. -TD. Third possession INT. Fourth possession- 7 plays, 65 yds.-TD.

Second Half: Punt, punt, punt, punt. Will this work in the next three games if they get there? 

you also have to look at the fact that this was a third meeting with our division rival who pretty much knew what we capable of throwing at them so it could also explain the second half collapse. The first half scores probably came off of our scripted plays which caught the Texans off early

Reich said it was execution rather the conservative play. I tend to agree, as Luck did throw a few stinkers and there were a few drops. That said, if the chips were down, I think we would have moved the chains better. 

The inch perfect long throw to Hilton down the sideline mid 2nd half was the clincher for me. Although we punted, it pinned them back and took time off the clock. Fantastic throw and catch. What's new.

Tears of a Clowney, eh......