Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey, proved that we are the AFC south real Champs , Now back to Reality!

horseshoecrabs

Hey without Question, we proved that we are the AFC true South  champs!

Now back to Reality, We have a big task ahead next SAT, against the number one seed this year "The Chiefs", Does this remind you guys that have been around  awhile of anything in the past? No I don't mean when we came back and beat the Chiefs in the Andrew Luck era. I mean when  Jim Harbaugh beat the Chiefs, This is so reminisced of that  great game , we had in  that era, it's frightening. So many similarity's of that era. Back then we were not given much chance in beating  the Chiefs. A lot like this time around. Does History repeat itself? I only hope so. If some of you Fans don't know what I'm talking about, then  check the history out of that game back then, in the mid 90's.  We are a like, that team of that era this year. 

This team should be able to score more points than the 95 team could.  Honestly this reminds me more of the high powered Colts teams playing the Pats in the playoffs in 03 and 04.  Just roles reversed.  A good defense and good offense be a high powered passing attack with a bad defense.  Hopefully the more well rounded team wins the day just as it did in 03 and 04.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've said more than once this game is almost identical to when Peyton and company went into Arrowhead on the road in the playoffs and beat the Chiefs high powered offense under Dick Vermeil. Offense with Dante Hall, Trent Green, Priest Holmes. Our Defense is better than the Colts team from that year but I see a lot of similarities in the situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Texans have won the division 4 of the last 7 years. But only twice when we had a healthy QB. Of those two times, once was when Luck was a rookie, and the other the Colts beat them 21-7 in the WC round haha 

So yeah. Colts own the south. Took a brief 3 year hiatus, but they're the best team in the division. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

This team should be able to score more points than the 95 team could.  Honestly this reminds me more of the high powered Colts teams playing the Pats in the playoffs in 03 and 04.  Just roles reversed.  A good defense and good offense be a high powered passing attack with a bad defense.  Hopefully the more well rounded team wins the day just as it did in 03 and 04.

Exactly.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Someone at work asked me today if the Texans were the Colts rival and I said it’s more big brother vs little brother.  Today the Colts once again reminded the Texans they are the little brother.  

The Colts put them in a headlock...gave them a noogie and then rubbed their face in the dirt of their own backyard.  All because little brother confessed a fear of clowns.  Gotta toughen em up.  Lol 

6 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

The Texans have won the division 4 of the last 7 years. But only twice when we had a healthy QB. Of those two times, once was when Luck was a rookie, and the other the Colts beat them 21-7 in the WC round haha 

So yeah. Colts own the south. Took a brief 3 year hiatus, but they're the best team in the division. 

And the year Luck was a rookie we beat them handily in Indy the last game of the season when they really needed the game.  

TY torched them in that game too.

7 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Now back to Reality, We have a big task ahead next SAT, against the number one seed this year "The Chiefs", Does this remind you guys that have been around  awhile of anything in the past? No I don't mean when we came back and beat the Chiefs in the Andrew Luck era. I mean when  Jim Harbaugh beat the Chiefs, This is so reminisced of that  great game , we had in  that era, it's frightening. So many similarity's of that era. Back then we were not given much chance in beating  the Chiefs. A lot like this time around. Does History repeat itself? I only hope so. If some of you Fans don't know what I'm talking about, then  check the history out of that game back then, in the mid 90's.  We are a like, that team of that era this year. 

The good news is, and correct me if I'm wrong, we still get a second-place schedule next year which is the final kick in the pants for Houston.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

The good news is, and correct me if I'm wrong, we still get a second-place schedule next year which is the final kick in the pants for Houston.

We get the Dolphins and Steelers.  They get the Pats and Ravens.  

It wouldnt break my heart if we ended up going to NE this month.  Not to get ahead of it (1-0 and all that) but I’d feel real good about that game.  

8 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

With the erratic use of grammar in this post, I was imagining you sitting there with a joint in one hand and a bag of chips in the other and sounding reaaaaal high.

9 hours ago, Chucklez said:

With the erratic use of grammar in this post, I was imagining you sitting there with a joint in one hand and a bag of chips in the other and sounding reaaaaal high.

Did you dump your last girlfriend because she ate her peas one at a time ? instead of together in a spoon, like in the Seinfeld episode ? Last time I checked " reaaaaal high"is not a word. And I question the use of "I was imagining vs " I were imagining", but all jokes aside, you are damn good at you analogy. I haven't smoked a joint in quite some time, and I did eat some chips during the game, But the real culprit was the Bourbon that I drank later on. So in fairness. If you are not a English professor, Lawyer. or Phycologist, then you missed your life's calling. LOL