Sign in to follow this  
twfish

Darius Leonard

Anyone know if he was sick today or something? Aside from the last drive this looked looks one of his worst games

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, twfish said:

Anyone know if he was sick today or something? Aside from the last drive this looked looks one of his worst games

I agree, looked slow and indecisive at times as well as taking bad angles and gave up lots of YAC.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

He was fine except the last drive. He got abused pretty bad. We won some it’s in the past. #kansascity 

• Confused 1

Just now, a06cc said:

He was fine except the last drive. He got abused pretty bad. We won some it’s in the past. #kansascity 

He had a couple bad plays on the drive that ended on the incomplete pass in the end zone in the 2nd quater

• Confused 1

He took a lot of bad angles imo. Im hoping it was just playoff jitters

• Like 3

I didnt pay close attention but i'm sure teams are gameplanning or at least recognizing where he is.  Im sure hes blocked, and chipped more that earlier in year.  And maybe he was a spy on Watson , limiting his range.  I'll have to look closer the "2nd time around".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he was a little tired.  Our offense didn’t sustain many drives in the 2nd half and we played a lot of bend don’t break.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I didnt pay close attention but i'm sure teams are gameplanning or at least recognizing where he is.  Im sure hes blocked, and chipped more that earlier in year.  And maybe he was a spy on Watson , limiting his range.  I'll have to look closer the "2nd time around".

If he was a spy, he got juked badly there too, not one of his better games.

• Confused 1

I was hoping for more out of him towards the end of the game. He whiffed bad on the dump down to Miller. Bad angles on some. The deflection was a great play, would have loved to see him pick it and take it to the house, but that's me being greedy. Not many have the range to make the play he did. Not a bad game from Darius. Great game from the defense overall. Great game. 

• Confused 1

I noticed he didn't play with his usual manic mentality.  Maybe inexperience or because he was a texans fan. :funny:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coltsnation said:

I noticed he didn't play with his usual manic mentality.  Maybe inexperience or because he was a texans fan. :funny:

13 tackles is not playing like a manic?

• Like 5

It is funny , but I hated it when they announced he and Nelson were All Pros.  He needs to play with a chip on his shoulder.  Hope thay makes sense??

• Confused 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

It is funny , but I hated it when they announced he and Nelson were All Pros.  He needs to play with a chip on his shoulder.  Hope thay makes sense??

It does not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

13 tackles is not playing like a manic?

Thats the Cato June mentality, yes he got the tackle but it was after a 15 yard gain. :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hated it? Jeez.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If he was a spy, he got juked badly there too, not one of his better games.

If he sucks every playoff game and we win by 2 td's, sign me up!   lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Thats the Cato June mentality, yes he got the tackle but it was after a 15 yard gain. :)

What?  How about giving some credit to the Texans? They didn't get the division crown by being a bad team.

3 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy.

Not one of his best games does not equal a bad game.

7 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

The Texans did not have 13 plays of 10 yards+, let alone 15 yards.

Yeah I noticed it was a bad game too.  Maybe playoff jitters or sick or something.  Doubtful this continues past this week though, I expect him to be a big factor in the KC game.  He needs to be - it's going to be rough if he isn't.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What?  How about giving some credit to the Texans? The didn't get the division crown by being a bad team.

All I was saying is there were 4 or 5 plays were he took AWFUL angles and gave up a lot of yards where they should have been stopped. 

And stating tackles do not necessarily equal a great play.  Feel free to read more into my sarcastic post if you want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

All I was saying is there were 4 or 5 plays were he took AWFUL angles and gave up a lot of yards where they should have been stopped. 

And stating tackles do not necessarily equal a great play.  Feel free to read more into my sarcastic post if you want.

Your use of sarcasm is poor and makes an improper implication.

2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

The Texans did not have 13 plays of 10 yards+, let alone 15 yards.

Where did I say they did?  All I was saying is a tackle in the stat sheet is misleading.

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

Your use of sarcasm is poor and makes an improper implication.

I'm sorry the smiley face at the end of my statement confused you.

Hmm I'm not understanding the bad game thing he broke up a pass and had 13 tackles 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Where did I say they did?  All I was saying is a tackle in the stat sheet is misleading.

13 tackles is really not all that misleading. It's a % ton. The Texans had very few big plays so his tackles were not all "Cato June" tackles.

Did he miss a few plays? Yes. Does that make his game a bad one? No. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I'm sorry the smiley face at the end of my statement confused you.

It was the dumb statement that confused me.

• Haha 1

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

It was the dumb statement that confused me.

At this point, I'm just going to say there is no having a discussion with you.  It's fine if you want to view him through rose colored glasses but all you have to do is go re-watch the game to see multiple times he took bad angles and gave up a lot of yard as a result. 

I at no point ever said he was bad on every play of the game.  I am sorry you don't understand that a tackle doesn't necessarily equal a great defensive stop on that play and by using Cato June (who I believe led the league in tackles one year) as an example was apparently a personal shot at your love of Darius Leonard. 

Also I don't think I ever said anything about a bad game.  If I would have said anything, it would have been similar to the the thread creator and been 'one of his worst games'.  Which would have been comparative to his play during the season, which means if he had 15 good to great games this season that lead to him being selected to the all pro team,  it could still be a good game just not his best.

I am going to be done with this discussion and head off and celebrate the win.

good night and godspeed

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

58 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think he was a little tired.  Our offense didn’t sustain many drives in the 2nd half and we played a lot of bend don’t break.

Combo of him being tired and where they had him playing. He was playing deeper than normal and was sitting as the spy or second spy on Watson most of the game. It altered between him and Geathers a lot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He made some plays, he made a lot of bonehead plays, got wrecked and took bad angles too. If you're going to praise the good nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws. That's how they get fixed

He reminded us that he’s a rookie today.  Not shocking that he struggled since it was his first playoff game and it was the third time the Texans saw him.  Now that he has this under his belt hopefully he bounces back with a big game next week against KC.

IMO, he had a decent game, perhaps not his best but decent, that one play that he got juked is the only real bad play I seen. It seen him make a couple big 3rd down stops. Maybe he did not get a sack, int, or fumble be he contributed to hold the Texans to 7 points and a Colt win, I'll take that anytime.  Walker seemed a little in the quiet side today, hopefully he will be a little more active next week coming off his injury, but that thats nit picking.

We even complain when we give up 7 nowadays.. Times are good when that's happening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

We even complain when we give up 7 nowadays.. Times are good when that's happening.

I don’t think people are complaining.  The defense as a whole played well, Darius didn’t have what we have come to expect from him.  That’s discussing what happened.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think people are complaining.  The defense as a whole played well, Darius didn’t have what we have come to expect from him.  That’s discussing what happened.

I hear you man. I'm seeing 10 of 11 wins and giving up 7 on the road to one of the league's hottest young QB's. I can't see the negative.

I can't lie and say I observed Leonard much because I watched with a group so there were distractions, but I never felt threatened by them. The D was literally bend don't break. Exactly as they want it to be. 

I'm happy... Lol. Sorry for the typos.

Just now, IinD said:

I hear you man. I'm seeing 10 of 11 wins and giving up 7 in the road to one of the league's hottest thing QB's. I can't see the negative.

I can't lie and say I observed Leonard much because I watched with a group so there were distractions, but I never get threatened by them. The D was literally bend don't break. Exactly as they want it to be. 

I'm happy... Lol

I am happy too.  I am just willing to acknowledge Leonard didn’t have his best game.  Defense still as a whole played a great game.

• Like 1