Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+3) at Baltimore (1-6-19)

oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Chargers won’t beat the Patriots

I had mixed feelings; I don’t think the Ravens would’ve won there because Belichick would figure out how to stop them.

Chargers have got a shot. As a Colts fan, I’m not sure if LA or NE would be a better matchup (should they get past the Chiefs).

• Like 1

Just now, coltsfeva said:

I had mixed feelings; I don’t think the Ravens would’ve won there because Belichick would figure out how to stop them.

Chargers have got a shot. As a Colts fan, I’m not sure if LA or NE would be a better matchup (should they get past the Chiefs).

I think the Chargers can win at NE.....

..That pass rush is strong and Phillip wont face the blitzes he faced today.

the  negative is that Melvin Gordon is not near 100% and surely wont be next Sunday

Lamar Jackson's Inability to Throw Football a Long-Term Concern for Ravens

Jackson completed 47.1 percent of his passes in high school.

Jackson completed 57.0 percent of his passes in college.

Jackson completed 58.2 percent of his passes as a rookie.

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think the Chargers can win at NE.....

..That pass rush is strong and Phillip wont face the blitzes he faced today.

the  negative is that Melvin Gordon is not near 100% and surely wont be next Sunday

The Patriots won't give the same issues in the trenches that the Ravens gave the Chargers. In the NFL, we know it is hard to extrapolate from game to game but if I had to take a guess, the Chargers will continue using 3 safeties to deal with the pass catching RBs of the Patriots and will move the ball on the Patriots better than they did vs the Ravens. 23 points vs the Ravens is nothing to sneeze at, IMO. If they put up 30 points vs the Patriots, it could be difficult for the Patriots. We will see how things play out.  

• Like 2

The game ended as I had feared. I hate playing a team you just beat two weeks later. They made the adjustments , we didn’t. The rookie QB played like a rookie , who obviously needs to hone his passing skills. The Ravens defense played well, but not as good as the Chargers. The Chargers had a great game plan with 7 or 8 in the box using fast safeties, and we never adjusted. 

I think not going to Flacco late game was the right move. The kid got us there, and you have to work to make him better, not undermine his confidence. 

My main blame goes to OC Marty Morningweig that Bisciotti needs to force Harbaugh to fire. Any good OC would have predicted what the Chargers would do and have some kind of plan. But no screens, slants, or anything was seen. No halftime adjustments. The two scores we got , the Chargers were in prevent. This game reminded me of what the Colts did to the Ravens in 2006, in a 15-6 playoff win. We had another bad OC that day in Matt Cavanaugh. 

You cant even get too upset , because the Chargers were easily the better team yesterday. They played Ravens style football against the Ravens. It was another good road win for the Chargers . 

That being said , I’m glad the Ravens won the division and got in the playoffs after three years. Didn’t think it would happen at 4-5. Obviously for us to continue the upward trend, Lamar has to be able to pass better, and run a pro style offense. If I were Harbaugh, I would get a top OC in there, who specializes in working with QB’s. As for the Chargers, I hope they beat the stuffing out of the Patriots. 

• Like 1